Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Anime appreciation thread~!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 43>
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lotte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2010 at 01:56
Originally posted by DT-PT DT-PT wrote:

The Melancholy Of Haruhi Suzimiya is a pretty odd show, but I love it. Anyone else love it?

I do.

The friend that got my into TMOHS recently started to watch(and obsess over) Hetalia(anyone heard of it?) under my influence, it's also the first successful anime recommendation I've made thus far.  

Edited by lotte - June 24 2010 at 02:02
Synchestra View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Synchestra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 13 2010 at 01:55
Originally posted by peart_lee_lifeson peart_lee_lifeson wrote:

Cowboy Bebop and Death Note have become two of my favorites.  They are not just about action and fighting.  Death Note is a really intelligent show, while Cowboy Bebop has great humor.
This thread could use a little love. Anyway I recently uh.. Found a way... Of watching a few episodes of Death Note and wow. I had heard it wasn't as great as people say and that its overated/overhyped but I think its fantastic. Its quite a clever show, dark and quite serious. But the moral ambiguity and downright addictive 'game' between L and Light make it sooo good Smile

I'm going to look for some Cowboy Bebop later on, I read up a little on it. Sounds exciting
'Yeah, thats.. Whatever you're talking about for ya' - Zapp brannigan
crimhead View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crimhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 13 2010 at 13:38
Is there enough Anime out there for a strictly anime cartoon network?
CinemaZebra View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CinemaZebra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 13 2010 at 14:08
There's enough for about five of those.
Synchestra View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Synchestra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2010 at 02:01
Originally posted by CinemaZebra CinemaZebra wrote:

There's enough for about five of those.
Maybe he meant good anime? LOL
'Yeah, thats.. Whatever you're talking about for ya' - Zapp brannigan
Niv View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Niv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2010 at 15:45
I really need to get back into watching anime...I've got a large part of FMA Brotherhood to catch up with, all but 2 episodes of Deltora Quest to watch and then I want to re-watch Haruhi Suzumiya. So many episodes, so little time Unhappy
CinemaZebra View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CinemaZebra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2010 at 16:50
Originally posted by Synchestra Synchestra wrote:

Originally posted by CinemaZebra CinemaZebra wrote:

There's enough for about five hundred of those.
Maybe he meant good anime? LOL
Tongue That still makes enough for about three.
harmonium.ro View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harmonium.ro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2011 at 15:07

WTF?!
bartosso View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bartosso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2011 at 15:45
I thought she was tallerGeek

Edited by bartosso - January 25 2011 at 15:46
Henry Plainview View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Henry Plainview Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2011 at 16:44
I'm confused.
if you own a sodastream i hate you
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harmonium.ro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2011 at 18:42
It appears to be an image from the film Twilight. Doesn't it look familiar to Anime fans? (hint: girl with big wolf). 
bartosso View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bartosso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2011 at 19:11
Erm... you mean Wolf's Rain.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harmonium.ro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2011 at 19:16

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Henry Plainview Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2011 at 19:42
And? If you have giant wolves and a girl in your story, they're going to stand next to each other at some point. There are a limited number of ways you can stand next to something in 3 dimensional space.
bartosso View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bartosso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2011 at 19:47
This is Mononoke Hime!
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harmonium.ro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2011 at 19:48
Originally posted by Henry Plainview Henry Plainview wrote:

And? If you have giant wolves and a girl in your story, they're going to stand next to each other at some point. There are a limited number of ways you can stand next to something in 3 dimensional space.

I thought I was obvious. I'm seeing a very strong "inspiration".
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Henry Plainview Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2011 at 20:01
I am not watching either, but based on what you have I don't see any basis for that claim/accusation. I was not aware, however, that the Twilight werewolves were so massive, but, reading Wikipedia, apparently very large wolves are the norm and I am out of the loop. Of course, the Twilight werewolves are actually shapeshifters, but that's beside the point.
A Person View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A Person Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2011 at 20:14
Originally posted by harmonium.ro harmonium.ro wrote:

Now I get it. LOL Great film, although I never noticed that until you pointed it out.
CCVP View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CCVP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2011 at 20:37
The lack of ~desu in this thread is disturbing.
catfood03 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote catfood03 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2011 at 07:20
Originally posted by mithrandir mithrandir wrote:

Planetes - (an amazing series dedicated to humanity's early ventures into Space, a respectful nod towards Arthur C Clarke, it was kind of sappy at times too but I liked that about the show...)

I enjoyed this series too Beer
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 43>