Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
MusicForSpeedin View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Electro-Acoustic Music
    Posted: March 31 2009 at 00:01
I personally believe this music is something that in future years will be around in most popular bands. Take a band like Matmos for example. They seem to take a lot of ideas from electro acoustic music and blend it with their poppy influences.

Check out Alvin Lucier's piece entitled I am Sitting in a Room. What an amazing study in sound this piece is.
Apsalar View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2009 at 23:36
Originally posted by Visitor13 Visitor13 wrote:

Kevin Parks, Joe Foster - Ipsi sibi somnia fingunt

Highly recommended.

Joe Foster and Kevin Parks have released a track this year on the net label homophoni (free streaming/download). In my opinion their strongest duo work yet.

http://www.homophoni.com/homo035.html
avestin View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2009 at 16:26
Found an interesting band called Zreen Toyz:
www.myspace.com/zreentoyz 

angelmk View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2009 at 15:04
Originally posted by Trademark Trademark wrote:

Here's another piece you might like.  This is about as far in the experimental direction as I can go.  This is by a composer named Neil Rolnick and is for an instrument called the iFiddle (which is really just a basic violin with a pickup and a WHOLE LOT of electronic processing as as as I can understand.  It has some minimalist tendencies, but is once again very much in the Electro-Acoustic camp.  I have a recording two pieces by Rolnik for Synthsizers and traditional instruments (called Real Time and A La Mode) and it is also pretty good stuff.  I had it on an old cassette from the 70's (bad recording).  Couldn't find an online recording of it.

http://www.neilrolnick.com/sounds/iFiddle%203%20min%20edit.mp3

nice sound , classical hints, experimental violin, slight electronic parts, not bad at all. 
Trademark View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2009 at 14:35
Here's another piece you might like.  This is about as far in the experimental direction as I can go.  This is by a composer named Neil Rolnick and is for an instrument called the iFiddle (which is really just a basic violin with a pickup and a WHOLE LOT of electronic processing as as as I can understand.  It has some minimalist tendencies, but is once again very much in the Electro-Acoustic camp.  I have a recording two pieces by Rolnik for Synthsizers and traditional instruments (called Real Time and A La Mode) and it is also pretty good stuff.  I had it on an old cassette from the 70's (bad recording).  Couldn't find an online recording of it.

http://www.neilrolnick.com/sounds/iFiddle%203%20min%20edit.mp3

Edited by Trademark - March 06 2009 at 14:36
angelmk View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2009 at 13:32

I like quite a bit of E-A music, but I also have something of an aversion to the really experimental end of the spectrum.

Here's something for you to check out. (go to T-Rex in case it doesn't come up at the top of the \list.  Its a bit more musical, but still squarely E-A.  All the sounds in this piece are made either by the live trombone player or from sampled recordings of trombones being played, hit, and otherwise abused in some way.  It shows off both the electronics and the instrument in a fun, mostly musical way.

i heard coolville music, and i like it, it is very different from those artists  i've heard labeled as EA  , coolville has many classical moments which i enjoy, and unlike those loops ,and noise heard before, coolville music is nice flowing , i especially enjoyed ''saturday night porch music  '' , ''elegy ''is very calm and peacefull  nice listen, T-rex has some interesting experimental trombone playing ,not bad. 
Trademark View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2009 at 13:03
I like quite a bit of E-A music, but I also have something of an aversion to the really experimental end of the spectrum.

Here's something for you to check out. (go to T-Rex in case it doesn't come up at the top of the \list.  Its a bit more musical, but still squarely E-A.  All the sounds in this piece are made either by the live trombone player or from sampled recordings of trombones being played, hit, and otherwise abused in some way.  It shows off both the electronics and the instrument in a fun, mostly musical way.

Edited by Trademark - March 06 2009 at 13:05
angelmk View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2009 at 12:57

^^  "Man, you just don't get it,do you?  how can you say such a nonsense.  can you support this statement with some proof. Let me  tell you the answer , you cannot  once one infects with E-A desease ,it is inevitable process, cannot be reversed.it grows more and more(if one realy loves E-A, not those like YOU) so want to explore more deeper into genre.  this is the ultimate Quest. Starts digging in E-A contininuum , and suddenly see there is no coming back , he has reached the pick of E-A  genre. and he is happy with it.  please reconsider that , you are very wrong.  it is called GREAT MUSIC(WHICH YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND.  It is art , and devine one.  when you have no proof to back up your statement, it cannot be considered as rightious.It is all a matter of opinion which in this Angelmk case is false.

Sorry, couldn't resist.  Your words, not mine.  Only the genre has been changed.   LOL

hello trademark, Long time no hear from you,i  missed your posts Smile,  yes it is different genre, indeed. Too diferent to discuss.i am not familiar to this genre at all ,so i cannot discuss. So i didn't see your name here in this Electro acoustic thread  ,so what will you  add to this disscussion?What would you suggest from this genre? we cannot argue here for something not related to this topic,metal was a diferent thing.  and this guys who love this music can ban us , sent straight to hell because ruining their thread,  i am newbie in this music and expected to hear something from Avestin he seems to be familiar with this kind of music. And what i said above in my post was my opinion, and only mine, so you cannot say i'am wrong , that is what i feel for those albums i've heard so far, which doesn't have to be my last opinion cos maybe other artists from this genre i could like!  

Edited by angelmk - March 06 2009 at 12:58
Trademark View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2009 at 11:34
 ^^  "Man, you just don't get it,do you?  how can you say such a nonsense.  can you support this statement with some proof. Let me  tell you the answer , you cannot  once one infects with E-A desease ,it is inevitable process, cannot be reversed.it grows more and more(if one realy loves E-A, not those like YOU) so want to explore more deeper into genre.  this is the ultimate Quest. Starts digging in E-A contininuum , and suddenly see there is no coming back , he has reached the pick of E-A  genre. and he is happy with it.  please reconsider that , you are very wrong.  it is called GREAT MUSIC(WHICH YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND.  It is art , and devine one.  when you have no proof to back up your statement, it cannot be considered as rightious.It is all a matter of opinion which in this Angelmk case is false

Sorry, couldn't resist.  Your words, not mine.  Only the genre has been changed.   LOL

Edited by Trademark - March 06 2009 at 11:39
angelmk View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2009 at 11:11
i was curious about this electro acustic thing, sounded interesting, but not anymore. I tried to listen some of recomendations here , but i found that i don't like this music at all, if it could be called music at all, to me it is sum of various sounds which don't make a whole, no flow , no melody, disconnected loops, drones, noise, . I heard Francois bayle - Camera Oscura (even i found some table tennis sounds here) , Espaces Inhabitables; Francis Dhomont - Cycle de l'errance - Mouvances - Mйtaphores 1;  Bernard Parmegiani - La Creation du Monde ; and i 'am very disapointed from this music. In the past i've tried to listen similar music to this one you called electro acustic, it was labeled as noise/drone/dark ambient/avantguarde   or something like that but no success then, and now i bumped into this similar music of yours, and i still don't understand that noise,looping, drones, weird sounds, eerie atmosphere, creepy .  then i heard artists like : Aesthetic Meat Front, Atomine Elektrine, Dagda Mor, Desiderii Marginis, Nobody and leutha, In Slaughter Natives, Moljebka pvlse 
sorry mocking your music but it sounds like that to me. 
avestin View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2009 at 08:56
Not been listening to EAM lately, but has anyone had any new music discovered that you're excited about?

Visitor13 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 03 2009 at 11:45
Kevin Parks, Joe Foster - Ipsi sibi somnia fingunt

Highly recommended.

The site in my sig reviews a lot of electro-acoustic music CDs.
ebag7125 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 01 2009 at 14:58
http://avantgardeproject.conus.info/AGP13/
ELECTRONIC PANORAMA   
WOO
avestin View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2008 at 11:38
Cool thanks for recommendation, I'll check this out. 
Rocktopus View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 29 2008 at 03:20
I'm really into 60' 70' Library Music, and that's why I've stumbled over Egisto Macchi. The three albums I got Voix, Bioritmi and Futurissimo are all rare collectors items. Nothing I found written about him will prepare you for his unique sounduniverse, but this review on Futurissimo written by ladouce clipped from Rate Your Music comes pretty close:

...Sustained strings, accidental orchestral bursts and chimes-like electronics... This is SO incredibly beautiful! Somewhere between Luc Ferrari's "Interrupteur", François Bayle's "Les couleurs de la nuit" and Eric Demarsan's "L'armée des ombres". It can also remind abstract pieces of Morricone, with a similar use of electric guitar taken out of its context, like pop culture artefacts

A brilliant oeuvre, really. To be listened when it's dark out....

I know they're not normally associated with this scene, but actually a lot of Library albums made by quite famous film composers like Piero Umiliani, Ennio Morricone (often using psuedonyms) etc are experimental, electroaqoustic compositions. Morricone's Controfase is a fantastic album filled with atonal and electronic sounds.
Over land and under ashes
In the sunlight, see - it flashes
Find a fly and eat his eye
But don't believe in me
Don't believe in me
Don't believe in me
avestin View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 28 2008 at 21:25
Been having lots of fun with the Dimuzio albums I've ordered and also finally ordered and received the Parmegiani boxset which is AWESOME! 12 cd's with his best work and a large booklet in English and French discussing his work and also notes on the particular pieces found on the 12 cd's.

avestin View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 01 2008 at 11:00
Yeah, nothing new, but great to discover for those who don't.

I still need to get that Parmegiani boxset, I only have some of his output which is outstanding.

Philippe, have a look at the other mentions on this thread, some are from newer artists (Olivia Block, Thomas Dimuzio and others).

philippe View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 01 2008 at 10:57
^ really great sound creators...but nothing new for me, I'm familiar with this scene and in particular with the GRM pioneering researches since years.
avestin View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 01 2008 at 10:53
Here's a newsletter from Electro CD who distributes electro-acoustic titles:

New release - empreintes DIGITALes:

* Theodore Lotis (Greece): Époque de l’eau [CD]
   http://www.electrocd.com/en/cat/imed_0894/  >> audio excerpts online

Get a free copy of the disc Ecolapsis — Music for Dance by Theodore Lotis by purchasing Époque de l’eau. For a limited period of time the item will automatically be added to your shopping cart!

------

New release - C3R:

* Gordon Monahan (Ontario): Saskatchewan Sound Installations [2 CD]
   http://www.electrocd.com/en/cat/c3r_015/

He conjures up the prairies of Saskatchewan with an impressive series of varied tracks utilising his fascinating installations.
------

New release - Ina-GRM:

* Bernard Parmegiani (France): L’oeuvre musicale en 12 CD
   http://www.electrocd.com/en/cat/ina_g_6000/

12-CD Boxset! Bilingual booklet (English, French) with photos, 92 pages.
------

New release - Oral:

* Allseits, Aun (Québec): Irrlicht [CD]
   http://www.electrocd.com/en/cat/oral_25/

------

New release - &records:

* A_dontigny, Michel F Côté (Québec): La notte fa [CD]
   http://www.electrocd.com/en/cat/et_05/   >> audio excerpts online

------

New releases - Revue & corrigée (France):

* It is now possible to get the Revue & corrigée quarterly from Grenoble (France) from electro.com. More than 40 titles available!
http://www.electrocd.com/en/boutique/retc/par_annee/

--------------------

All our new releases:
http://www.electrocd.com/en/boutique/nouv/

Our recent releases:
http://www.electrocd.com/en/boutique/recent/

Apsalar View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2008 at 17:21
this link covers a lot of the Vol. of the Obscure Tape Music:

http://www.fusetronsound.com/index.php?whomlab=OmegaPoint
& rateyourmusic has then lined up neatly
http://rateyourmusic.com/label/omega_point_records_f1/

I'm pretty sure Joji Yuasa featured on that OHM: The Early Gurus of Electronic Music: 1948-1980, so I thought there could be some important historical documents amongst these releases. Pretty pricey tho' to make a gamble.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>