Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > General Polls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedStargate SG-1

Post Reply Post Reply
Poll Question: Who is your favorite SG-1 team member/character?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
3 [42.86%]
1 [14.29%]
2 [28.57%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
1 [14.29%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Stargate SG-1
    Posted: June 02 2008 at 15:47
I am a big fan of the TV series Stargate SG-1.  I also enjoyed the original movie, but I have ignored that for purposes of the poll.  I caught a couple of episodes back in Season 1 when they were originally aired, but I did not become a fan until it was picked up on the Sci-Fi channel.  I have since viewed the first 8 seasons on DVD.  I have Seasons 9 and 10, but I have not watched them yet, so I only have an inkling of where the show went.  I have recently switched to viewing the Stargate Atlantis series on DVD and I am part way through the 2nd season.  In between Stargate viewings, I have also been trying to catch up on the 24 series and the new Battlestar Galactica series.  Probably, the second biggest blow to my pocketbook was the advent of complete seasons of television series on DVD.  Of course, the first biggest blow is prog CDs.

Anyhow, are there any other fans of the show hanging out in the forums?  Who was your favorite character?  Do you also like Stargate Atlantis? 
rushfan4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2008 at 13:26
At least I generated a couple of votes, but no discussions?  I happened to be on the Stargate Atlantis website and I saw that they were adding Samantha Carter to the cast.  Definitely something to look forward to, once I make it to Season 4.  Still working on Season 2. 

Edited by rushfan4 - June 04 2008 at 13:27
crimhead View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2008 at 15:09
I can say that I've have only caught bits and pieces of this show on late night TV. Never really got into it.
Henry Plainview View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2008 at 16:32
I'm a moderate fan, but for new episodes I have preferred Atlantis because SG-1 got really bad at the end. The Ori and Arthur legends got a bit silly, and I really dislike that guy and the girl from Farscape.

But O'Neill is obviously the best character, and the series went downhill once he started taking a back seat. There wasn't anything the writers could do about RDA deciding to spend more time with his family, but it's still disappointing.
if you own a sodastream i hate you
Dean View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin and Amateur Layabout

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2008 at 16:39
I *love* SG1, but Channel 4 in the UK dropped the series after Season 8 and I can't keep up with the satelite scheduling to pick it up again. The plot-lines were starting to repeat themselves, so I hope importing half the cast of Farscape brought some fresh ideas, but I haven't seen episodes featuring them any to comment.

I have to admit that most of the time I was watching for the in-jokes and humourous references to other programs (Love the "I'm pretty sure we can MacGyver something together" line... and "No, sir. We can't name it the Enterprise." ... both of which were, I think, by Sam Carter, who seems to have almost as many punch-lines as O'Neill, but not the dead-pan delivery of Teal'c)

I watched a couple Atlantis's but never got into it - they killed-off their best actor in programme 1, which was a big mistake.
What?
The Quiet One View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2008 at 16:42
Originally posted by crimhead crimhead wrote:

I can say that I've have only caught bits and pieces of this show on late night TV. Never really got into it.

Me too.

...BTW: I thought this poll was something related to Star Wars
Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2008 at 16:43
the SG1 fans are rabid  ..I liked the movie, at least the first half, then that Egyptian planet thing and, well...
Passionist View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2008 at 02:48
Well, during the past 5 months, I've watched 6 seasons of SG1, I got hooked, ad now I've got all the 10 seasons to watch on video/DVD. I've never seen Atlantis. I reckoned I might pick it up later on if it's any good. Though the most thing about SG1 is the team. They only showed the 4 first seasons in Finland so these episodes are pretty new to me.

About the best character, I was really shocked when Michael Shanks started doing less parts, but the new guy, Jonas Quinn covers him well, it's actually a pretty good transition, though he was a great personality. However, it's still the team that I like the best. Some of the episodes are about someone in particular, and those Im not so fond of compared to the ones where they act together. But I guess my fav would still be Major Carter because she's pretty much the überhuman with her knowledge, and she can be pretty cute at times :)
sleeper View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2008 at 18:12
O'Neill (with two L's). Loved this show up to about series 6, then it got a bit silly with an American built spaceship in S7 onwards. The last few series of SG-1 and all of Atlantis suffer from the same poblem, Carter and McKay can backwards engineer the most advanceed alien technology they can imagine in a coffee break.
Spending more than I should on Prog since 2005

Post Reply Post Reply