Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > Proto-Prog and Prog-Related Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedBowie enters the Archives!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2008 at 08:15
I wouldn't consider Ziggy to be even close to his most progressive album, that would probably go to Low, Heroes or Station to Station, or maybe that early collection that had Memories of a Free Festival on it.

I won't argue about whether he is progressive rock, to me he is more prog-related art rock, nothing like Boston or Kansas, but more somewhere in between the Beatles, Eno, Kevin Ayers and Roxy Music.

He did go through a terrible pop phase with that Let's Dance album, I hate that album, that is some of the worst rock music ever, totally dull and lifeless.

Edited by Easy Money - July 02 2008 at 10:07
Garion81 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2008 at 12:53
Originally posted by Ivan_Melgar_M Ivan_Melgar_M wrote:

Originally posted by Garion81 Garion81 wrote:

^ Oh yeah Smile

although I preordered mine through Amazon (sorry Ivan).  An entire full new bonus disc of the rest of the Point of Know Return Concert and the restoration of Closet Chronicles. Remasterd by Jeff Glixman.

Hey, I also use Amazon, specially for common albums, but if you rely only in them, most surely will be loosing the best new bands.

Iván

Hey Ivan I was just teasing. I happen to agree with you 100%. Smile

I don't like the fact that if you write a review there it becomes their property and they constantly hounding for reviews after you make purchases.   

But they have cheap shipping compared to other sites that is why I use them for hard copies but now they have downloads as well that I grab as a convenience while I am looking for other things.  

"What are you going to do when that damn thing rusts?"
NurseryCryme89 View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2008 at 13:44
Björk!!!!!!!!!

what kind of f**ked up world are we living in!!!!!!!
jammun View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2008 at 20:20

Originally posted by Ivan_Melgar_M Ivan_Melgar_M wrote:

^ Oh yeah Smile

although I preordered mine through Amazon (sorry Ivan).  An entire full new bonus disc of the rest of the Point of Know Return Concert and the restoration of Closet Chronicles. Remasterd by Jeff Glixman.

Hey, I also use Amazon, specially for common albums, but if you rely only in them, most surely will be loosing the best new bands.

Iván

Hey Ivan I was just teasing. I happen to agree with you 100%. Smile

I don't like the fact that if you write a review there it becomes their property and they constantly hounding for reviews after you make purchases.   

But they have cheap shipping compared to other sites that is why I use them for hard copies but now they have downloads as well that I grab as a convenience while I am looking for other things.  

Thanks for posting the links to some of the band sites.  i can see I'm going to have to get a little more creative in seeking out some of this new stuff.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345