Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Suggest New Bands and Artists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedCountdown (Prog Metal)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
burritounit View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Countdown (Prog Metal)
    Posted: August 06 2008 at 11:06
Thanks Scott, I'll add them to our chart.Thumbs%20Up
"I've walked on water, run through fire, can't seem to feel it anymore. It was me, waiting for me..."
rushfan4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 06 2008 at 10:39
Hi Guys,

I ran across this band from France called Countdown who I think should easily be a shoo-in for traditional progressive metal.  Please give them a listen and see what you think.  I think that you should find them to be an enjoyable listen. 

Here is a link to their website:

Here is a link to their Jamendo page where you can download for free their 2006 album Chains of a Martyr and their 2007 album Break Rise Blowing which includes some new songs and some remixes from Chains of a Martyr.

Also, they are included on Encyclopaedia Metallum as a Progressive Metal band, so I have included a link to that website also, which provides a little bit of addtional information.

I did a search on PA and also on www.Progfreak.com and did not see that they were under consideration yet.  I added the band to Progfreak, but I don't have the authority to add to the PA charts so someone on the Prog metal team will need to do that.

This band really has blown me away on my first listen, so I hope that you enjoy them as much as I have.  Thank you for your time and consideration.

Scott

Edited by rushfan4 - August 06 2008 at 11:20
 Post Reply Post Reply