Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

RIO/Avant Drop-In Centre

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 135136137138139 161>
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Hemulen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2012 at 09:04
Huzzah! I missed the original broadcasts, but hopefully I'll be able to catch at least some of this.
TheGazzardian View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheGazzardian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2012 at 10:26
I will have to miss this, it is my wife's birthday tomorrow and we will be celebrating. But if anyone would be so kind as to record it ...
The Hemulen View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Hemulen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 28 2012 at 13:22
Originally posted by Van Manu Van Manu wrote:

Great New !

Saturday 28 they will be a special Rock In Opposition Day at www.radio-radio.net .

All day long , concerts from the last edition of the Carmaux fest will be broadcasted .

Here is the programm , french hours .
14 h : Yugen
15h15 : Gargantua
16h30 : Vialka
17h30 : Panzerballet
19h-21h : no music but a football match
21h : Once Upon A Time In Belgium ( Aranis , Univers Zero , Present ) , remastered by a magician named Udi Koomran .
22h 45 : Grumpf Quartet
23h : Ruins Alone / Sax Ruins / Ryoko Ono / Dispositivoperilanciobliquodeunasferatta .

Presented in live by the Vraiment Autre Chose 's team , don't miss , will be fabulous

This has been wonderful so far - a real treat for those of us who didn't manage to make it to the festival in person. I can't wait for the football to end so I can wrap my ears round that Aranis/UZ/Present jam at long last!

PS - Those of you who are missing these concerts for whatever reason may wish to send me a PM. Wink
SaltyJon View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SaltyJon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 28 2012 at 13:44
I've loaded their site, can't seem to figure out how to get the tunes to play...is it in the podcasts section or where? 
SaltyJon View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SaltyJon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 28 2012 at 13:46
Oh wait...I see it's currently football time. 
The Hemulen View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Hemulen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 28 2012 at 13:55
Originally posted by SaltyJon SaltyJon wrote:

Oh wait...I see it's currently football time. 

Yep. Not for much longer though, thankfully!
SaltyJon View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SaltyJon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 28 2012 at 14:01
Hmm...sounds like chamber music now, I'm guessing we're back to the show. 
SaltyJon View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SaltyJon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 28 2012 at 14:05
Wait...do they have some girl singing what sounds like middle-eastern melodies or am I still listening to the wrong thing?  One way or another, this is pretty good. LOL

Yeah, this is the wrong thing. LOL  Sincerely doubt they'd be pulling off glitch-sounding percussion stuff.

Edited by SaltyJon - January 28 2012 at 14:06
SaltyJon View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SaltyJon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 28 2012 at 14:16
The music playing now sounds more like it...maybe I got lucky this time?

Yeah, I was just trying to listen too early.  My bad. LOL

Edited by SaltyJon - January 28 2012 at 14:18
SaltyJon View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SaltyJon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 28 2012 at 15:54
To any PA members who were there to see Once Upon a Time in Belgium:  I am eternally jealous. 
Nogbad_The_Bad View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl & Eclectic Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nogbad_The_Bad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 28 2012 at 16:47

To any PA members who were there to see Once Upon a Time in Belgium:  I am eternally jealous. 
They were brilliant.
SaltyJon View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SaltyJon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 28 2012 at 16:58
Originally posted by Nogbad_The_Bad Nogbad_The_Bad wrote:

They were brilliant.

I got to listen to them at least...that's my small consolation, thanks to French radio.
Van Manu View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Van Manu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 29 2012 at 21:02
You're welcome ! Smile

There will be redifusions or podcast I'll tell you ....

9 hours of radio , it was a great time .
If someone listened the entire day , I'll give him a beer LOL

By the way , you can wait the podcasts listening Vraiment Autre Chose , the radio show I do with a friend about this kind of musics .
We also have a blog , I spoke about it here 2 years ago : http://vraimentautrechose.hautetfort.com/
You can listen and download the shows , even if it's in French , you may enjoy the music .
Mellotron Storm View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mellotron Storm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 29 2012 at 21:16
Speaking of French bands i listened to LARD FREE's "Unnamed" album today and was blown away once again by this avant-garde recording.It was funny because i had it on when i picked my daughter up from work this afternoon and she was genuinely disturbed at what i was listening to.LOL
"The wind is slowly tearing her apart"

"Sad Rain" ANEKDOTEN
Man With Hat View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Jazz-Rock/Fusion/Canterbury Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Man With Hat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2012 at 19:15
^ Thats very encouraging. Big smile I got that album for christmas, and have yet to listen to it. But all the reviews here made it sound right delicious for my tastes.
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.
Man With Hat View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Jazz-Rock/Fusion/Canterbury Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Man With Hat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2012 at 19:17
On an unrelated note...

Anybody familar with Ruinzhatova? According to wayside, it's a combination of Ruins and Omoide-Hatoba. Can't find any info about them (or O-H in general). Just curious what this sounds like, what instruments are used/etc.
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.
SaltyJon View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SaltyJon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2012 at 19:20
Originally posted by Man With Hat Man With Hat wrote:

On an unrelated note...

Anybody familar with Ruinzhatova? According to wayside, it's a combination of Ruins and Omoide-Hatoba. Can't find any info about them (or O-H in general). Just curious what this sounds like, what instruments are used/etc.

Based on what I've heard of them, 'tis very cacophonous stuff...good, if you like the noisier side of Ruins.  I've heard their cover of Trans Europe Express, and a few others on Youtube.  One track in particular sticks out...can't remember what it's called, but one group was playing the riff from Larks' Tongues Pt. 2 and the other was playing another song at the same time.
Scavence View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scavence Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2012 at 15:38

If anyone has the time to answer this question I would appreciate.

I am searching for the darker bands known in RIO and I would even want to try bands in other progressive music. I know that progressive music is a wide-ranged word but I am willing to give every band a try because I've found lots of pearls by listening something else than I was used to.

Miasma and the Carousel of Headless Horses was the first band that caught my attention.

To name a few bands I like:

Blackflim - Blackfilm [Electronic]
Gorguts - Obscura [Death Metal]
Kronos Quartet - Uniko [Classical]
Mar de Grises - Draining the Waterheart [Doom Metal]
Miasma & The Carrousel of Headless Horses [RIO]
The Kilimanjaro Darkjazz Ensemble [Jazz]

If you think you know a band that has a weird atmosphere then I am eager to listen.

Just some thoughts..

Edited by Scavence - February 01 2012 at 15:39
SaltyJon View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SaltyJon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2012 at 18:19
Oh, I'm sure some people here will get some enjoyment out of this; Carla Kihlstedt and Mattias Bossi launched their new monthly music site today, Rabbit Rabbit Radio.  You can donate $1, $2 or $3 per month (each gives you the same output) and they're releasing a) a new song, b) a video and other stuff on the first of every month.  February's the first, so it started today.  Link here:  http://rabbitrabbitradio.com/
A Person View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A Person Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2012 at 18:27
Originally posted by Scavence Scavence wrote:

If anyone has the time to answer this question I would appreciate.

I am searching for the darker bands known in RIO and I would even want to try bands in other progressive music. I know that progressive music is a wide-ranged word but I am willing to give every band a try because I've found lots of pearls by listening something else than I was used to.

Miasma and the Carousel of Headless Horses was the first band that caught my attention.

To name a few bands I like:

Blackflim - Blackfilm [Electronic]
Gorguts - Obscura [Death Metal]
Kronos Quartet - Uniko [Classical]
Mar de Grises - Draining the Waterheart [Doom Metal]
Miasma & The Carrousel of Headless Horses [RIO]
The Kilimanjaro Darkjazz Ensemble [Jazz]

If you think you know a band that has a weird atmosphere then I am eager to listen.

Just some thoughts..

Have you heard Shub Niggurath?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 135136137138139 161>