Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

RIO/Avant Drop-In Centre

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7273747576 161>
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote listennow801 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2009 at 20:34
Originally posted by Udi Koomran Udi Koomran wrote:

Hello Amigos

I am am just done giving an interview for The Washington City paper about my recent work for Shub Niggurath and other projects.

The  interview:

http://tinyurl.com/neg8yn

Scrolling down will lead you to a playlist were you can hear some samples from album

Here is a review of the album:

http://www.washingtoncitypaper.com/display.php?id=37595

Have a great weekend !
Udi

Wonderful Udi, I shall read it this weekend. [I bought the SN cd release Introduction as soon as I found it  - wondrous, of course ;)]

Thought some folks here might be interested to know that BACAMARTE Depois do Fim was just re-issed [remastered] in July! Should be available  here soon I hope! [It is now in Sweden - I found it here:
http://www.recordheaven.net/body.cfm?x=browseArtist&sc=&ob=tl&so=ASC&pp=20&pn=1&ID=6741&iID=58536&sl=true ]

Ratings of Lady Gnosis: http://www.gnosis2000.net/raterclaire.shtml
Udi Koomran View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Udi Koomran Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2009 at 11:18

Hi Udi,
Very interesting and I'm sure you have many more stories to tell about this (and other works you've done). Feel free to share them here if you have time and "KO-ACH"...

Hello Asaf
Well there are a few web pages that have some funny stories

Expose Magazine Interview
http://udi-koomran.blogspot.com/2008/08/udi-koomran-expos-magazine-interview.html

The Present Expirience
http://gnosis2000.net/jestersaurusv13.htm

The Present Tour Of Summer 2005: (hebrew)
http://forums.nana10.co.il/Article/?ArticleID=197555&sid=60

The Making Of Abandonship:
http://www.rerusa.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=RERUSA&Category_Code=download

5 UU's Tel Aviv Contructions
http://www.rerusa.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=RERUSA&Category_Code=download

Interview By Israeli Site
http://mitkadem3.homestead.com/Koomran_English.html

listennow801 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote listennow801 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 02 2009 at 20:51
Hello Udi,

I just finished reading your interview for The Washington City paper. I enjoyed it very much. Music is a grand passion pour moi, and I can never articulate the depth of what a work I truly love can make me *feel*, and you did so quite beautifully. For your passion I thank you. For the many wondrous works you have helped to bring to avid ears as you have - with the sonorously and emotionally perceptive, assiduously warm [as in: acutely sensitive] and incisive touch of your distinct vision - I thank you. [Her fetish for superlatives notwithstanding ;)]

Claire

Ratings of Lady Gnosis: http://www.gnosis2000.net/raterclaire.shtml
mecca View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mecca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 03 2009 at 16:32
it's cool to see your guys' praise for the new MiRthkon album.

I'm listening to a recommendation from here right now, Charts and Maps, which sounds great so far.
Rottenhat View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rottenhat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 05 2009 at 12:06
Udi Koomran on Prog Archives? It's a honor. All the best wishes to you!
Language is a virus from outer space.

-William S. Burroughs
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Udi Koomran Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 06 2009 at 06:34
Many thanks good peopleHug
Rottenhat View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rottenhat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 06 2009 at 11:05
Udi: I Have have to ask: It it a cat purring at the beginning of Vivasektia on the Ahvak album? :)

Wonderful album, by the way :)

Edited by Rottenhat - August 06 2009 at 11:07

-William S. Burroughs
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Udi Koomran Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 06 2009 at 11:38
Yes it was  dear Ginger
Many funny wonderful stories with her in my home (at first Kerman had to sleep in the balcony cause he was alregeic  - but he got used to it after a while Thumbs Up
When Roger Trigaux was there he preferred sitting on HER comfy chair and so she had to make a point of her teritory in a way I will not go into to details...

BTW there is another cat recording on this album (but its another cat named Frida - as Frida Calo she was extremely talented and gifted dispite her  poor physical state this one eyed limp little mischief  gave poor old  Ginger a hard time )

Both are gone now in cat heaven I suppose these days no cats but to wonderful baby girls Smile
Man With Hat View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Jazz-Rock/Fusion/Canterbury Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Man With Hat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2009 at 19:08
Perhaps not the best place to ask this question but I figure its close enough.

Anyone heard the new Faust or Fauz't?? If so, thoughts?
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.
VanderGraafKommandöh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VanderGraafKommandöh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2009 at 21:16

Yes it was  dear Ginger
Many funny wonderful stories with her in my home (at first Kerman had to sleep in the balcony cause he was alregeic  - but he got used to it after a while Thumbs Up
When Roger Trigaux was there he preferred sitting on HER comfy chair and so she had to make a point of her teritory in a way I will not go into to details...

BTW there is another cat recording on this album (but its another cat named Frida - as Frida Calo she was extremely talented and gifted dispite her  poor physical state this one eyed limp little mischief  gave poor old  Ginger a hard time )

Both are gone now in cat heaven I suppose these days no cats but to wonderful baby girls Smile

I hear Frida's meow in one track, that's for certain and it always makes me giggle. Wink  Excellent work there.

I'll have to listen out for Ginger when I next put the album on.
avestin View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote avestin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2009 at 09:39
I guess the good folks in this thread will be happy to read this if you were thinking of ordering from Wayside:

http://www.waysidemusic.com

It's summer. It's hot. No one is around. Everyone is at the beach having a good time except us and we are very lonely.

In the hopes of having some friends drop by, for the next 72 hours we are having a store-wide, 10% off sale.

Everything is on sale. Nothing is held back.

The sale runs until the end of the day (e.s.t.) on Friday, August 14.

Thank you for checking it out.

http://www.waysidemusic.com

Padraic View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Padraic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2009 at 09:43
I almost wish you didn't post that.  Ouch

LOL
avestin View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote avestin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2009 at 15:27
Posted by Alain Lebon in Prog Ears:

NEW : it is now possible to download, legally, the SOLEIL ZEUHL reissues on Anthology web site.
Right now only ARCHAIA, DUN & SHUB NIGGURATH are available but both POTEMKINEs, both ESKATONs & RIALZU will follow very soon.
http://anthologyrecordings.com/catalog.asp?sortby=label&labelid=96

No plans yet for the non-reissued titles.

A.

Syzygy View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Syzygy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2009 at 15:35
Originally posted by Man With Hat Man With Hat wrote:

Perhaps not the best place to ask this question but I figure its close enough.

Anyone heard the new Faust or Fauz't?? If so, thoughts?
Yes, if you're referring to C'est Complique, It's available on emusic and you can preview it there. It's Jean Herve Peron and Zappi Diemaier with Amaury from Ulan Bator - the touring version of the band from 2007 that played at Carmaux, and it was recorded at the same time as the Faust/NWW album. If you liked Rien or You Know FaUSt you'll like this album as well; no major surprises, but a good solid slice of Faust weirdness.
'Like so many of you
I've got my doubts about how much to contribute
to the already rich among us...'

Robert Wyatt, Gloria Gloom

Alucard View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alucard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 13 2009 at 09:32
and speaking about Faust

Avantgarde Festival Schiphorst Germany /28-30/08/09

festival ( fifth edition) organized by Faust's Jean-Hervé Peron taking place on a farm in Northern Germany with Faust, Nurse With Wound, Dagmar Krause, Danielle Dax, Pater Blegvad, John Greaves, Chris Cutler, and some "Krautrock" with members from Can, Neu, Amon Duül, Abwärts and Faust.

Unfortunately I can't go there....I would have loved to have a chat with Dagmar Krause

Edited by Alucard - August 13 2009 at 09:33
Tadpoles keep screaming in my ear
"Hey there! Rotter's Club!
Explain the meaning of this song and share it"

Padraic View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Padraic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 13 2009 at 10:06
Originally posted by avestin avestin wrote:

Posted by Alain Lebon in Prog Ears:

NEW : it is now possible to download, legally, the SOLEIL ZEUHL reissues on Anthology web site.
Right now only ARCHAIA, DUN & SHUB NIGGURATH are available but both POTEMKINEs, both ESKATONs & RIALZU will follow very soon.
http://anthologyrecordings.com/catalog.asp?sortby=label&labelid=96

No plans yet for the non-reissued titles.

A.

ClapClapClap
VanderGraafKommandöh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VanderGraafKommandöh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 13 2009 at 22:57
News literally just in!

New Doctor Nerve album now available on iTunes.  It will be available on CD on 26th August.

http://www.punosmusic.com/monkeyfarm/index.html

2009 just gets better and better!
Rottenhat View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rottenhat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2009 at 13:40

Yes it was  dear Ginger

Nice :) Wonderful Story!

Please tell Kerman to join Progarchives too... :)

Heart

-William S. Burroughs
avestin View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote avestin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2009 at 14:38
Originally posted by Rottenhat Rottenhat wrote:

Yes it was  dear Ginger

Nice :) Wonderful Story!

Please tell Kerman to join Progarchives too... :)

Heart

You can try and persuade him yourself since he is often posting in the Progressive Ears forum (along with many other musicians from all walks of prog rock; Bob Drake for instance is also there, and there are many others).

Rottenhat View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rottenhat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2009 at 16:39
Avestin: Kerman and Drake are there? Thanks for that tip! I have to start lurking on that forum and see what's up... I Think Lino D Intino that host the wonderful radio show "Waiting Room" has mentioned that same forum too, so this sounds mighty interesting...

Edited by Rottenhat - August 16 2009 at 01:08

-William S. Burroughs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7273747576 161>