Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > General Polls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedWho hates radio music?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Poll Question: Those radio stations are killing us with repetive radio "safe" music.
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
22 [57.89%]
8 [21.05%]
3 [7.89%]
2 [5.26%]
3 [7.89%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 01 2008 at 02:17

I listen a couple of radio stations that transmit Rock and even some 70's POP which I like.

At the end, you can't eat caviar 3 times a day the 7 days of a week. Wink

Iván

Edited by Ivan_Melgar_M - October 01 2008 at 02:17

debrewguy View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 01 2008 at 21:03
I keep finding these buttons and dials on my radio, stereo, car radio, and various other radio signal"receiving" devices. One is marked On/Off. I have found out that it allows me to turn the radio On and Off. There is another one marked Tuning. It moves a tiny bar across a length marked with different numbers (AM & FM ???) that seem to be useful in finding locations where different stations play music. I have found out that the music does change from one to another. This tuning button/dial also seems to be over-ridden by the On/Off button.
I therefore hypothesize that I have a multitude of options available to me, including not listening to the radio at all.

In pursuing my musing on related subjects, it has dawned on me that the internet also has a multitude of musical offerings that I can control in the same manner. It has taken more effort from me to find the stations, but I have found the same freedom to change stations and turn the computer off.

This has brought me to a great realization - that I have the freedom of choice. And as I am not masochistic, I avoid listening to stations or to the radio if the music therein is not to my liking. The power is going to my head.

Next, I am proceeding to study the logic behind business' goal of profitability, and the desire of the people who put their money into the hands of companies to get the best return on their investment. I believe that this could explain some very basic economic actions.
In the meantime, I thought I'd waste some time watching the Canadian leaders debating in french. (ce n'est pas important de parler le bon francais; c'est de parler le bon sens)
"Here I am talking to some of the smartest people in the world and I didn't even notice,” Lieutenant Columbo, episode The Bye-Bye Sky-High I.Q. Murder Case.
tszirmay View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 01 2008 at 22:46
what is a radio? I haven't used one except for morning traffic while in the car and then I slide in some Brand X, Nemo or CAP..,. Radio, hahahahahahahaha, archaic piece of marketing propaganda . Toetapping drivel
I never post anything anywhere without doing more than basic research, often in depth.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123