Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Suggest New Bands and Artists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedJohn Huldt (Prog Metal)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Topic: John Huldt (Prog Metal)
    Posted: August 28 2008 at 16:13

I've got a shredder for you guys to give a listen.  I know that within PA sometimes shredding works, and sometimes it doesn't, but I know that generally you guys like the shredders so if you could please give John Huldt a listen and see if he might be a fit for Prog Metal.  And as he says on his MySpace page, he is a shredder that includes all of the tricks on his CD but they are used in a more musical standpoint.  He has a new independently released album titled Rules Do Not Apply.  At least that is a good album title for a prog site. Wink

Here is his MySpace page:  http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=135546921

Thank you for your time in giving him a listen and at the very least I hope that you enjoy the listen.

Scott

UMUR View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2008 at 01:59
The only shredder I think fits on Prog Archives is Steve Vai mainly because of his more strange songs. And donīt get me wrong I enjoy both Steve Vai, Yngwie Malmsteen, Stevie R V,  and sometimes even ( Boring) Joe Satriani, so itīs not because I donīt enjoy intrumental guitar music. I just donīt find it progressive. John Huldt is no different from the average guitar hero and his music doesnīt seem progressive to me. At least the songs on his myspace.
 Post Reply Post Reply