FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedDrummers suck

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Drummers suck
    Posted: April 30 2005 at 12:20

My band has two drummers and there both monkeys check out our website or download MP3's at

http://www.theblueswimmers.live.com.au

I choose not to have a signature except for this explanation signature about not having a signature
Guitarpersonbei View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2005 at 12:07
Come on is anyone going to stand up for drummers. There must not be many drummers on this forum. Does anyone play music
I choose not to have a signature except for this explanation signature about not having a signature
hukt on fonikzz View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2005 at 15:10
im a drummer and i have to say that yea u can easily bash us as much as you want, but without us the band wud be empty...just look at how portnoy runs that band!...personally my goal as a drummer is to not be so mediocre as to fit into the typical sterotype as the modern prog drummer. most people take it for granted, but its up to the drummer to innovate and make the band that much better. if you look at it that way, a drummer can choose to suck...as unfortunately most seem to now in day...you occasionaly get the rare pioneer such as pennie or theodore, not just some clone of peart.
there is no spoon...
arkitek View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2005 at 16:04

Originally posted by hukt on fonikzz hukt on fonikzz wrote:

im a drummer and i have to say that yea u can easily bash us as much as you want, but without us the band wud be empty...just look at how portnoy runs that band!...personally my goal as a drummer is to not be so mediocre as to fit into the typical sterotype as the modern prog drummer. most people take it for granted, but its up to the drummer to innovate and make the band that much better. if you look at it that way, a drummer can choose to suck...as unfortunately most seem to now in day...you occasionaly get the rare pioneer such as pennie or theodore, not just some clone of peart.

i agree, i play a bit of drums, i am not in a band sadly  but you look at bands there are very few bands without drummers, they are more important than any other band member IMO. you take thr drummer away you have lost the back bone of the band. but most drummers in the modern rock era (chart rock) do have drummers who suck because all the songs they play have really easy beats that my gran could play blindfolded. where as DT and Mike Portnoy, now that is a different story all together just the way he plays you can see he is in control of the way he and the band as a whole play.

JrKASperov View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2005 at 16:31
Bill Bruford.

Now stop going to this forum and go outside and play[music].

(or learn how to spell)
Epic.
Bobbert View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2005 at 19:48

While I agree we should all be playing and not posting in here... bah...

As proven by some of the new King Crimson stuff, you can have brutal simple guitar work and prog it up with drums alone, but it doesn't always go both ways. If you listen to some of the really popular pop-rock bands out there you can hear some really prog influence stuff in the melodic and harmonic structure, and in the rhythmic structures in the guitar and voice parts, but when the drummer stays on the same boring back beat sh*t for the whole album its just so much harder to listen to an albums worth of it.

alan_pfeifer View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2005 at 20:16
I play drums, and I try to stay a bit more innovative than my friends that play as well.  Most of them either play speed metal, blues rock, punk, or just plain suck.  It's odd, but the best drummers around that I know play mostly jazz.  Ironic, huh?
Fibonacci's Se View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2005 at 21:12
jazz drumming is definantly the most innovative and i dare say most difficult and musically inclined...

oh by the way,...i just bought a drum machine so...hukt on foniczz...your firedhehehe

get a grip man...like honestly who needs drummers????

Edited by Fibonacci's Se
cajole the promethean king while his pastiche panjandrum is caught within soleism, genuflect, avoid malversation
hukt on fonikzz View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2005 at 18:13
Originally posted by Fibonacci's Se Fibonacci's Se wrote:

jazz drumming is definantly the most innovative and i dare say most difficult and musically inclined...

oh by the way,...i just bought a drum machine so...hukt on foniczz...your firedhehehe

get a grip man...like honestly who needs drummers????

f*ck you. lol
there is no spoon...
sigod View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2005 at 09:47
I'm a drummer and a soon as I learn to walk and talk at the same time, you guys will be in BIG trouble. 
I must remind the right honourable gentleman that a monologue is not a decision.
- Clement Atlee, on Winston Churchill
Snow Dog View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2005 at 10:27
I wuz a drummer and..........whats the topic again?
 Post Reply Post Reply