Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

News of the day

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 327328329330331 446>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
JJLehto View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JJLehto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2013 at 14:42
It may be satire but there is more than SOME truth...that is more or less... exactly the situation.

Edited by JJLehto - April 19 2013 at 14:42
kenethlevine View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Prog-Folk Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenethlevine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2013 at 15:18
I'm here in Boston under the lock-in
it's surreal.
I feel safe, but not sure if I should
refugee View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote refugee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2013 at 15:41
^ My wife and I talked about it, and we can’t even imagine how it feels. There’s only one person spreading so much terror. Quite absurd, isn’t it? My guess is that if there’s more shooting, the bullets will not hit you or your neighbours - they will hit Djohar Tsarnaev. Still, I hope that they’ll catch him alive. All the best!
He say nothing is quite what it seems;
I say nothing is nothing
(Peter Hammill)
Evolver View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover & JR/F/Canterbury Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evolver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2013 at 15:49
Originally posted by kenethlevine kenethlevine wrote:

I'm here in Boston under the lock-in
it's surreal.
I feel safe, but not sure if I should

It is weird.

We received a phone call very early this morning from the university my wife works at telling her not to come in, and to notify her staff of the same.  My office is 30 miles west of Boston, so we are not really affected.  Many of our customers are close enough to Boston to be closed.

My mother lives in Watertown, where one bomber was killed.  But she lives on the other side of the town, in a townhouse development where quite a few state troopers live, so she feels reasonably safe.
Trust me. I know what I'm doing.
markosherrera View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markosherrera Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2013 at 15:57
Hi progmaniacs of all the world
Blacksword View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blacksword Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2013 at 16:42
^^^ Maybe a little. Too quick and fuzzy to be sure.

I doubt it.

EDIT: Although it looks slightly like the grainy CCTV footage of 'something' hitting the Pentagon..

Edited by Blacksword - April 19 2013 at 16:43
Ultimately bored by endless ecstasy!
The T View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2013 at 16:47
^^What's the point? Conspiracy for the sake of conspiracy? What's the damn point of the video and of putting it here?
akamaisondufromage View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akamaisondufromage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2013 at 16:51

The explosion of the fertilizer factory in Texas seems to me to be a tragedy that would otherwise be high up the news.  Twelve dead so far I believe.  It interests me that the school and housing and a old peoples home were permitted to be built so close to something that is obviously so dangerous!  Are there no planning restrictions in Texas?  Seems only because the school was shut that there wasn't a much more tragic incident.

Help me I'm falling!
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blacksword Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2013 at 17:02
Originally posted by The T The T wrote:

^^What's the point? Conspiracy for the sake of conspiracy? What's the damn point of the video and of putting it here?

It's one of those crazy Youtube clips posted by some bedroom keyboard warrior, who really needs to get out more and have a good time.

Not much point to it really, I guess.
The T View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2013 at 17:07
^Exactly. Pajama warrior would also be a good name.

Edited by The T - April 19 2013 at 17:07
JJLehto View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JJLehto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2013 at 17:12
Wow still on lockdown.
They say they've found pipe and pressure cooker bombs in town...damn.

Not to diminish the effort but it was like 1 am when the shootout happened and he fled, correct? Who knows but my guess is he's long out of Watertown and off to, well who knows.

Unless they said they got the town bordered off ASAP, but even then I'm sure he got away quick as possible.

Edited by JJLehto - April 19 2013 at 17:13
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blacksword Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2013 at 17:24
Originally posted by JJLehto JJLehto wrote:

Wow still on lockdown. They say they've found pipe and pressure cooker bombs in town...damn. Not to diminish the effort but it was like 1 am when the shootout happened and he fled, correct? Who knows but my guess is he's long out of Watertown and off to, well who knows. Unless they said they got the town bordered off ASAP, but even then I'm sure he got away quick as possible.

Is the whole city on lockdown or just the Watertown area?? (I don't know Boston at all)
JJLehto View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JJLehto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2013 at 18:33
Well...maybe disregard  that. More gunshots in Watertown and like 100 cops have swarmed a place. Hope they have him but way too soon to know.
Unconfirmed but there's a body, seemingly alive, in a boat covered in a tarp. This is insane.

He was moving around in there but who knows the situation, could be dying, have a bomb on him. Just nuts.

Edited by JJLehto - April 19 2013 at 18:42
King of Loss View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King of Loss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2013 at 18:47

Well...maybe disregard  that. More gunshots in Watertown and like 100 cops have swarmed a place. Hope they have him but way too soon to know.
Unconfirmed but there's a body, seemingly alive, in a boat covered in a tarp. This is insane.

He was moving around in there but who knows the situation, could be dying, have a bomb on him. Just nuts.

Hollywood ending.
The T View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2013 at 18:52
We really need background checks on pressure cooker sales after this.
The Doctor View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Doctor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2013 at 19:01
Originally posted by The T The T wrote:

We really need background checks on pressure cooker sales after this.

The difference between a gun and a pressure cooker should be obvious, but I'll point it out for the slow among us.  Tongue

The primary purpose of a pressure cooker is to cook, not to kill.  You see where I'm going with this right?  Wink  Just in case you don't, the primary purpose of a gun is to kill.  And therein lies the difference. 
I can understand your anger at me, but what did the horse I rode in on ever do to you?
The T View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2013 at 19:09
The difference between a stupid joke and a serious comment should be obvious, but I'll point it out for the slow amongst us. Actually, it's my fault. I forgot the

The Doctor View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Doctor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2013 at 19:29
Originally posted by King of Loss King of Loss wrote:

Hollywood ending.

I wonder how long it will take before Hollywood exploits this?  Film this Christmas?
I can understand your anger at me, but what did the horse I rode in on ever do to you?
The T View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2013 at 19:38
They would manage to put some cgi monster in it.
JJLehto View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JJLehto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2013 at 19:47
Originally posted by King of Loss King of Loss wrote:

Hollywood ending.

It is very surreal.

In fact my friend is highly implying MASS conspiracy but is being mysterious and coy. Apparently the truth was right there and we all missed it Ermm He told me to research Genghis Khan and how it was not safe to say anything outright over FB.....oi! What a troll.

Well, the second suspect has been captured, alive, apparently.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 327328329330331 446>