Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

News of the day

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 437438439440441 446>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2016 at 17:15
yeah.. 
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atavachron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2016 at 22:34
Congratulations to the great Ennio Morricone for his win, Best Original Score for The Hateful Eight.   Incredibly, it is his first Academy Award for a film score and a long, long time coming.

Clap

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy
Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atavachron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2016 at 00:20
Excellent ruling today that Justice Dept cannot compel Apple to provide data extraction in a NY drug case and could influence the San Bernardino case.   Hats off to Judge James Orenstein.

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy
Sean Trane View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Prog Folk

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sean Trane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 10 2016 at 11:17
Darwin award candidate (not dead yet unfortunately)

This incredibly stupid very active Pro-gun militant Florida model got shot in her back by her own son (4yo) as he found the fun loaded...

Tooooo bad she'll probably survive... Cry

garfunkel View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garfunkel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 10 2016 at 11:31
Yeah, hopefully she dies. It'd be great if she dies.

I hope she dies.  I can't wait to see on the news that she died.

She's also probably a Trump supporter, I hope she dies.
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 10 2016 at 18:56
Originally posted by garfunkel garfunkel wrote:

Yeah, hopefully she dies. It'd be great if she dies.

I hope she dies.  I can't wait to see on the news that she died.

She's also probably a Trump supporter, I hope she dies.

bad day today? LOL
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Ozric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 10 2016 at 19:52
^
garfunkel View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garfunkel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 10 2016 at 20:30
LOLLOLLOL
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Prog Folk

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sean Trane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2016 at 16:44
Originally posted by garfunkel garfunkel wrote:

She's also probably a Trump supporte
r, I hope she dies.

Naaah, she's probably even stupider and supports the Tea PartyTongueLOL
Icarium View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icarium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2016 at 06:24
just now - terror in Brussels, atleast 21 people confirmed victims. Airport and Metro were targeted and suicide bombimngs are the cause.

hope PAers from Belgium are okey
BaldFriede View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaldFriede Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2016 at 06:43
Originally posted by Icarium Icarium wrote:

just now - terror in Brussels, atleast 21 people confirmed victims. Airport and Metro were targeted and suicide bombimngs are the cause.

When the Belgian police arrested the head of the Paris assassins two days ago Jean and I feared there would be a terrorist attack in Belgium. We did however not expect it would happen so soon.

Our thoughts go out to all people in Brussels, especially the relatives of the victims.

German TV just reported 26 dead.

Edited by BaldFriede - March 22 2016 at 07:56

BaldJean and I; I am the one in blue.
Icarium View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icarium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2016 at 06:46
26 here now also.
The T View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2016 at 09:24
This is horrible. 

A side consequence of attacks like this: a few more and the stupid American electorate might get closer and closer to electing Trump.
emigre80 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emigre80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2016 at 09:31
^ that is my fear as well. 
Modrigue View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Modrigue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2016 at 09:32
Comics artists homage pictures:

(french and english)

Edited by Modrigue - March 22 2016 at 09:40
npjnpj View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote npjnpj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2016 at 10:00
This is dreadful. Even worse is that I see no way that it's ever going to stop. There's no one with whom to negotiate.
My worst fear is that incidences such as these will contribute to Donald Trump being elected, and then the situation will escalate uncontrollably.
Guldbamsen View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2016 at 12:28
Completely lost for words. I hope Hugues and Marcel are ok.

Edited by Guldbamsen - March 22 2016 at 12:30
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Prog Folk

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sean Trane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2016 at 14:16
just so everyone wonders, I wasn't far from the airport (for car LPG issues) when it exploded there...

And I might've lost a few Eurocrat colleagues in the subway explosion

Originally posted by BaldFriede BaldFriede wrote:

Originally posted by Icarium Icarium wrote:

When the Belgian police arrested the head of the Paris assassins two days ago Jean and I feared there would be a terrorist attack in Belgium. We did however not expect it would happen so soon.

Our thoughts go out to all people in Brussels, especially the relatives of the victims.

German TV just reported 26 dead.

Well the authorities might have best shut up about the fucitive's collaboratio, because it sure propmpted the others to go out with a "bang"

Coming from a (French) Procureur and a defence lawyer, this is as close to what I call a professional fault.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Prog Folk

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sean Trane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2016 at 14:18
Originally posted by Guldbamsen Guldbamsen wrote:

Completely lost for words. I hope Hugues and Marcel are ok.

unless Marcel was going to evangelize Syria and ISIS, he wasn't even close to Brussels' airport. TongueLOL
Matthew _Gill View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matthew _Gill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2016 at 15:58
We need to stop blaming the West for Islamic atrocities or intolerance.

You can't aim Female Genital Mutilation, Bacha Bazi, Tatbir, ritual slaughter. persecution of homosexuals, child grooming gangs, taxi rape epidemic, stoning of women/kids who are raped outside marriage, child brides, women being covered by the Burka, honour killings, women being refused education/driving rights, Shia/Sunni Muslim persecution, revenge acid attacks, forced/arranged marriage, hatred of Jews/Kurds/pigs/dogs/gambling/alcohol/public affection etc etc, wife beatings, polygamy, Apostasy punishments and revenge attacks on those who insult the prophet Muhammad on the West!

It's also harsh to find Messrs Blair, Bush & Farage solely responsible for the creation of:

Abu Sayyaf, Philippines
Al-Aqsa Martyrs' Brigades, Gaza Strip and West Bank
Al-Gama'a al-Islamiyya, Egypt
Al-Qaeda, worldwide
Al-Shabaab, Somalia
Ansar al-Islam, Iraq
Ansar al-sharia, Libya
Armed Islamic Group (GIA), Algeria
Boko Haram, Nigeria
Caucasus Emirate (IK), Russia
East Turkestan Islamic Movement (ETIM), China
Egyptian Islamic Jihad, Egypt