Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Logos View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2005 at 03:06
Originally posted by Vegetableman Vegetableman wrote:

Electronic Meditation -> Atem zzz....! (Although Phaedra -> Logos )

Zeit, Alpha Centauri,Atem: fantastic space/ambient keyboard explorations.
Electronic Meditation: wonderful punk-ish guitars and crazy drumming combined with strange electronic sounds.
But they really had to find the right line-up (Franke,Froese,Baumann) to produce their best albums.
Progger View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2005 at 00:10

'Desda La Vida' & 'Talkin' bout' were certainly the highlights of the 3 album. What ELP songs did they actually cover on that tour?

I actually like Robert Berry though he wasn't no substitute for Greg. Interestingly, Berry's solo album 'Pilgrimage To A Point' is actually excellent and Keith & Carl feature on a couple of tracks that were intended for the next '3' album!

Interestingly, Berry was also was also the choice to replace Max Bacon in GTR. Some of his proposed songs for the next GTR album are also on 'Pilgrimage To A Point'. Steve Howe also plays on those songs!

Why hasn't 'Piligrimage To A Point' been reviewed?

Edited by Progger
threefates View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2005 at 23:56
Originally posted by JMCecil JMCecil wrote:

Originally posted by threefates threefates wrote:

I've always loved Bitches Crystal.. especially the musicbox keyboard sound on that.  Was listening to it on the 97 Montreux video again last night.  Thats a awesome version.  However, I heard Keith do it on tour last year with Dave K on vocals... and now that I really didn't need to hear!

I saw 3 on Tour in a small club in Boulder Colorado.  They didn't do Bitches Crystal thank god.  BUT, they were actually very very good even though I didn't like the album other than Desde La Vida, which was great live.

I saw 3 at about 3 shows.. including a radio station benefit.. but it was so depressing without Greg, I decided 3 was enough.

THIS IS ELP
HaroldLand View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2005 at 22:41
Originally posted by Progger Progger wrote:

I included it! I also think it's a stellar album. Agree with everything you've said

hehe yeah i kinda noticed it after i posed the preceding one

you rock, man
Progger View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2005 at 22:16

Originally posted by HaroldLand HaroldLand wrote:

i really find it strange that so many people dont regard tormato as a good yes album.. sure it devates, and is a bit of a fall from the magnatude of greatness that going for the one has, but i still think it's an awesome album, and i cant see how self proclaimed yes fans give it such disregard..

obviously my opinion is slanted because i personally am a fan of the album, but stil.. it's still yes' finest lineup, there is tons of awesome music on that record (save circus of heaven), but future times/rejoice, don't kill the whale and on the silent wings of freedom are, imo, as good as anything on going for the one, and onward is one of the most beautiful pieces of yes music in their huge repertoire..

whoa, i just realized this isnt a yes thread.. hehe

I included it! I also think it's a stellar album. Agree with everything you've said

HaroldLand View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2005 at 22:14
i really find it strange that so many people dont regard tormato as a good yes album.. sure it devates, and is a bit of a fall from the magnatude of greatness that going for the one has, but i still think it's an awesome album, and i cant see how self proclaimed yes fans give it such disregard..

obviously my opinion is slanted because i personally am a fan of the album, but stil.. it's still yes' finest lineup, there is tons of awesome music on that record (save circus of heaven), but future times/rejoice, don't kill the whale and on the silent wings of freedom are, imo, as good as anything on going for the one, and onward is one of the most beautiful pieces of yes music in their huge repertoire..

whoa, i just realized this isnt a yes thread.. hehe
maani View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Founding Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2005 at 21:57

Just a few:

The Church (7)
Priest=Aura, Sometime Anywhere, Magaician Among the Spirits, Refo:mation, Hologram of Baal, After Everything Now This, Forget Yourself

Deus ex Machina (5)
Gladium Caeli, Deus ex Machina, De Republica, Equilibrismo da Insofferenza, Cincque (6, if you include their live album (Diacronie Metronomiche), and the only band whose entire oeuvre is thus far perfect)

ELP (5)
ELP, Tarkus, Pictures at An Exhibition, Trilogy, Brain Salad Surgery (6, if you include Welcome Back My Friends)

Genesis (9)
Trespass, Nursery Cryme, Foxtrot, Selling England, The Lamb, Trick of the Tail, Wind & Wuthering, And Then There Were Three, Duke (11, if you include Genesis Live and Seconds Out)

Gentle Giant (8)
Gentle Giant, Acquiring the Taste, Three Friends, Octopus, In A Glass House, The Power & The Glory, Free Hand, Interview (9, if you include Playing the Fool)

Elton John (6)
Elton John, Tumbleweed Connection, Madman Across the Water, Honky Chateau, Don't Shoot Me, Goodbye Yellow Brick Road (7, if you include 11/17/70)

King Crimson (10)
In the Court, In the Wake of Poseidon, Lizard, Islands, Larks Tongues in Aspic, Starless and Bible Black, Red, Discipline, Beat, Three of a Perfect Pair

Led Zeppelin (7)
Zep I, Zep II, Zep III, Zep IV, Houses of the Holy, Physical Graffiti, Presence (8, if you include Song Remains the Same)

Marillion (8)
Script, Fugazi, Misplaced Childhood, Clutching at Straws, Seasons End, Holiday in Eden, Brave, Afraid of Sunlight

Nektar (4)
A Tab in the Ocean, Remember the Future, Down to Earth, Recycled

10CC (8)
10CC, Sheet Music, Original Soundtrack, How Dare You, Deceptive Bends, Bloody Tourists, Look Hear, 10 out of 10 (9, if you include 10CC Live)

XTC (10)
Drums and Wires, Black Sea, English Settlement, Mummer, Big Engine, Skylarking, Oranges & Lemons, Nonsuch, Apple Venus, Wasp Star

Yes (4)
Time and a Word, The Yes Album, Fragile, Close to the Edge

Of course, all of this is dependent on personal taste.

Peace.

Progger View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2005 at 19:09
YES-Debut album right through to Drama!
JMCecil View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2005 at 19:06

I've always loved Bitches Crystal.. especially the musicbox keyboard sound on that.  Was listening to it on the 97 Montreux video again last night.  Thats a awesome version.  However, I heard Keith do it on tour last year with Dave K on vocals... and now that I really didn't need to hear!

I saw 3 on Tour in a small club in Boulder Colorado.  They didn't do Bitches Crystal thank god.  BUT, they were actually very very good even though I didn't like the album other than Desde La Vida, which was great live.

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2005 at 18:27
THIS IS ELP
JMCecil View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2005 at 18:19
True on Pictures.  I guess since it was all new material, not a concert type album I never think of it that way.  I don't know, I can't stand Bitches Crystal either, for some reason the sound is grating.  I like LA Nights ok too.  Tank is like Tank 14.  anyhow, just minor quibbles. I don't have any major disagreements.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2005 at 17:59
Love all of Tarkus... well cept maybe "Are You Ready Eddy"... but I've gotten use to that over the years.  And Pictures is a live album.. as well as WBMFTTSTNE... but they are both produced by Greg.. so they stand in my book.  And Carl Palmer's section of Works is a favorite of mine... especially LA Nights...
THIS IS ELP
JMCecil View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2005 at 17:56

ELP:  ELP - Works 1 = 7 absolutely wonderful albums....

well 6 because live albums aren't supposed to count.  My only problem (and I know you love ELP, so do I) Tarkus is only half a good album for me and Pictures has dead spots too.  I also don't care for a good bit of Carl Palmers bit on Works.  However, it's still a great run of tunage for sure.

JMCecil View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2005 at 17:53

Originally posted by lostrom lostrom wrote:

Aha..But sorry mate, you've got it all wrong! I actually been thinking (have you?) and it is my serious opinion that these chains are unbroken with great records. So, little BOY, you have your answer! But if you can't handle it, maybee you should stop making threades. It might SAVE YOU SOME TIME.......One more thing boy, don't ever be rude to me again..ok? Don't mess with the devil, kid....

That's fine you can post the "here are all the albums I own" if you want.  But, the Kinks have like 10 good songs, not 31 good albums.  And there are holes all over the other 2 lists.  If you can't take the heat maybe you shouldn't post.

Guests View Drop Down
Forum Guest Group
Forum Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2005 at 17:41

The Kinks ---> To the bone   =  32

Fool's mate --->  Incoherence = 31

The piper.. --->  Division bell = 20

*appr. incl. live-albums

It would probably save you time if you just put links to the discogrophy of all the bands you like.

Meaning what???

meaning your answers were not answers to the question.  You gave the fanboy answer instead of thinking about it.  Of course you may have thought about the fanboy answer, but that isn't the same thing.

Aha..But sorry mate, you've got it all wrong! I actually been thinking (have you?) and it is my serious opinion that these chains are unbroken with great records. So, little BOY, you have your answer! But if you can't handle it, maybee you should stop making threades. It might SAVE YOU SOME TIME.......One more thing boy, don't ever be rude to me again..ok? Don't mess with the devil, kid....

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2005 at 17:33

ELP:  ELP - Works 1 = 7 absolutely wonderful albums....

THIS IS ELP
Entropia View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2005 at 17:31
Pain of Salvation  Entropia-Be (6)
JMCecil View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2005 at 17:26
by the way, the 4 pack by supertramp is another one of those awesome strings.  The only dubious one would be parts of Crisis.  But holy cow what a 4 in a row that is.
JMCecil View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2005 at 17:24

The Kinks ---> To the bone   =  32

Fool's mate --->  Incoherence = 31

The piper.. --->  Division bell = 20

*appr. incl. live-albums

It would probably save you time if you just put links to the discogrophy of all the bands you like.

Meaning what???

meaning your answers were not answers to the question.  You gave the fanboy answer instead of thinking about it.  Of course you may have thought about the fanboy answer, but that isn't the same thing.

L.V.X. View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2005 at 17:15
9 - Soft Machine:
The Soft Machine
Volume Two      
Third
Fourth
Fifth
Sixth      
Seven
Bundles
Softs

8 - Samla Mammas Manna/ Zamla Mammaz Manna:
Samla Mammas Manna
Måltid      
Klossa Knapitatet
Snorungarnas Symfoni (Symphony of the Brats)
För Äldre Nybegynnare
Sclagerns Mystik      
Familjesprickor (Family Cracks)
Kaka

7 - Banco del Mutuo Soccorso:
Banco del Mutuo Soccorso
Darwin!      
Io Sono Nato Libero      
Garofano Rosso      
Come in un'Ultima Cena      
...di Terra      
Canto Di Primavera
Tired of typing the same search parameters on Gemm, MusicStack, eBay etc. -> Link
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>