JLocke View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cartoons
    Posted: August 07 2009 at 00:08
Originally posted by Stooge Stooge wrote:

Originally posted by cacha71 cacha71 wrote:

Dexter's Laborotory!  The earlier Simpsons are pretty good, as is Iznogoud

I used to love Dexter's Lab.  I recall at one point Dexter's voice changed for the worst (different voice actor) and I lost interest in the show. 

The animators and writers also changed. What a mistake that was (the show only lasted for a season after that)
LandofLein View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 06 2009 at 23:43
Originally posted by p0mt3 p0mt3 wrote:

Originally posted by LandofLein LandofLein wrote:

Peter Griffin is just a cheap copy of Homer Simpson with none of his redeeming qualities

Simpsons for me

I just got a perplexing case of deja vu Confused Had you posted this before?

I dunno, but I did fall on my head a while back
Stooge View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 05 2009 at 15:23
Originally posted by cacha71 cacha71 wrote:

I used to love Dexter's Lab.  I recall at one point Dexter's voice changed for the worst (different voice actor) and I lost interest in the show. 
cacha71 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 05 2009 at 14:07
http://www.last.fm/group/Progressive+Folk
A Person View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 04 2009 at 16:41
Originally posted by aginor aginor wrote:

http://s.bebo.com/app-image/7926247568/5411656627/PROFILE/i.quizzaz.com/img/q/u/08/03/30/17138_SpongeBob_19.jpg

I voted for Simpsons becouse the other series wouldnt be made if it wassnt for Simpsons to make the path for Satirical cartoons

but i miss Beavis and Butthead in this poll

but as childish i often is im most admit that im a big Sponge Bob fan as well Big smile

I watch Spongebob more than any of the other options, and am more amused by it even, but some of the new episodes aren't up to par. I voted for Futurama anyway.
Johnny_Tsunami View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 04 2009 at 16:14
If I were to choose from that list, it would be tough.  All of them are pretty good (except American Dad), but I'd say it's a tie between Family Guy, The Simpsons and South Park; too hard to choose one!  That's exactly why none of those shows are my favorites. 

I personally LOVE Home Movies on Adult Swim!  I'm becoming more tired of joke-based comedy and have started really appreciating conversational and improvisational comedy.  Home Movies is great at that, they have a rough script to refer to, but the voice actors are all just genuinely funny and don't need to rely on the writers to make the show hilarious.  Plus H. Jon Benjamin and Brendon Small have some of the funniest voices of all time!
I likes musics
Wolf Spider View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 04 2009 at 15:56
Family Guy for me. I like the absurd humour, they have absolutely no respect for no one. I can only imagine what this show would look like without the network restrictions. South Park is good but sometimes they are trying to be too educative and lose the humour. I don't like The Simpsons their sense of humour is just not my cup of tea
MFP View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 03 2009 at 17:33
Originally posted by Stooge Stooge wrote:

I'm watching some Simpsons on DVD for the first time in around 3-4 months (too long for me).  I watched "You Only Move Twice" (Hank Scorpio episode) and "The Homer They Fall" (Homer vs Dreaderick Tatum).  Untouchable, in my opinion.

Clap

Great episode!

The Truth View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 03 2009 at 17:03
Originally posted by moreitsythanyou moreitsythanyou wrote:

http://s.bebo.com/app-image/7926247568/5411656627/PROFILE/i.quizzaz.com/img/q/u/08/03/30/17138_SpongeBob_19.jpg

but as childish i often is im most admit that im a big Sponge Bob fan as well Big smile

Spongebob is also better than all of these choices. As far as serious quality television comedy goes, Spongebob is seriously underrated.
Spongebob made this world what it is today, wait... Ermm
progvortex View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2009 at 13:16
Family Guy!
SaltyJon View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2009 at 23:21

HE COMMANDS YOU
moreitsythanyou View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2009 at 21:17

Spongebob is also better than all of these choices. As far as serious quality television comedy goes, Spongebob is seriously underrated.
<font color=white>butts, lol[/COLOR]

JLocke View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2009 at 21:03
Originally posted by LandofLein LandofLein wrote:

Peter Griffin is just a cheap copy of Homer Simpson with none of his redeeming qualities

Simpsons for me

I just got a perplexing case of deja vu Confused Had you posted this before?
LandofLein View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2009 at 20:48

Simpsons for me

Icarium View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2009 at 17:56

I voted for Simpsons becouse the other series wouldnt be made if it wassnt for Simpsons to make the path for Satirical cartoons

but i miss Beavis and Butthead in this poll

JLocke View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2009 at 15:28
Originally posted by TheCaptain TheCaptain wrote:

Family Guy is low brow humor mixed with wastes of time and some of the most blatant political agenda that sickens me. It used to be fine when the low brow jokes were new but I haven't laughed once in the last season. There may have been a time when I would have voted for it but that will never happen now or in the future.
I have only seen a couple episodes of King Of The Hill and American Dad. I remember very little other than I was underwhelmed by both.
I don't value excellent satire as highly as laugh-out-loud moments so South Park doesn't get my vote.
Aqua Teen Hunger Force is always good for a few laughs and they had Neil Peart in their movie so that's good for some bonus points.
So I guess that leaves The Simpsons. They've had plenty of classics and I still enjoy watching the new episodes. The Simpsons is like an old friend that has served me well in the past for long enough and I will most alwa---ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD.

Yes, because Bitey of Brackenwood is just so much more sophisticated. LOL (your avatar)
TheCaptain View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2009 at 12:54
Family Guy is low brow humor mixed with wastes of time and some of the most blatant political agenda that sickens me. It used to be fine when the low brow jokes were new but I haven't laughed once in the last season. There may have been a time when I would have voted for it but that will never happen now or in the future.
I have only seen a couple episodes of King Of The Hill and American Dad. I remember very little other than I was underwhelmed by both.
I don't value excellent satire as highly as laugh-out-loud moments so South Park doesn't get my vote.
Aqua Teen Hunger Force is always good for a few laughs and they had Neil Peart in their movie so that's good for some bonus points.
So I guess that leaves The Simpsons. They've had plenty of classics and I still enjoy watching the new episodes. The Simpsons is like an old friend that has served me well in the past for long enough and I will most alwa---ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD.
Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal.
JLocke View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2009 at 22:45
Originally posted by mrcozdude mrcozdude wrote:

I'm not sure where you go that from? Though to be fair my reason was vague. Family guy has jokes every couple of seconds,so it's bound to have more laughs although I sometimes find it an annoyance to expect a "you remember that time...." joke every second.South Park is generally more clever with political & social commentary and of course our favourite.....toilet humour,When the jokes work on south park there far funnier,it's just there's less of them.But a single episode is far more rewarding then Family Guy for me.

Thank you for clarifying. Wink
mrcozdude View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2009 at 22:44
I'm not sure where you go that from? Though to be fair my reason was vague. Family guy has jokes every couple of seconds,so it's bound to have more laughs although I sometimes find it an annoyance to expect a "you remember that time...." joke every second.South Park is generally more clever with political & social commentary and of course our favourite.....toilet humour,When the jokes work on south park there far funnier,it's just there's less of them.But a single episode is far more rewarding then Family Guy for me.
JLocke View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2009 at 22:35
Originally posted by mrcozdude mrcozdude wrote:

South Park for me but quite a long shot.I seem to laugh at family guy more during an episode,but a south park is far more pleasing.See Pessimists summary for details.

Originally posted by The Pessimist The Pessimist wrote:

South Park. Simply untouchable. Their mockery of the political systems, celebrities, rednecks, racism... It's all just perfect. 

So, you laugh more at Family Guy, but because you think you ought to like South PArk more, that's the one you vote on? Confused
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>