Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Marillion Round Table

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9091929394 123>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
mawgojzeta View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mawgojzeta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2012 at 12:40
Originally posted by stonebeard stonebeard wrote:

Originally posted by mawgojzeta mawgojzeta wrote:

The days are starting to get slower and slower for me as I wait for the Chicago shows.  I should make myself a Marillion "Advent" calendar.

22nd or 23rd? That weekend is going to be amazing for me. Gearfest at Sweetwater on the 22nd, Marillion in Chicago on the 23rd. Something on Sunday...

I am going to both shows in Chicago.  Big smile
stonebeard View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stonebeard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2012 at 12:46
Party
lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lazland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2012 at 12:50

The days are starting to get slower and slower for me as I wait for the Chicago shows.  I should make myself a Marillion "Advent" calendar.

22nd or 23rd? That weekend is going to be amazing for me. Gearfest at Sweetwater on the 22nd, Marillion in Chicago on the 23rd. Something on Sunday...

Great - have a fantastic time. Let us know all about it please!Thumbs Up
Enhance your life. Get down to www.lazland.org
rushfan4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rushfan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2012 at 13:20

I decided not to attend the shows in Chicago.  I was tempted and I might regret it, but decided that I am not a big enough fan to spend all of the money involved in making the trip.  I'm kind of perturbed that they play Toronto one night and Chicago  two nights later.  It would be quite simple to stop in Detroit on their way to Chicago.   I'm sure that we could probably have filled up a small venue for them.

lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lazland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2012 at 13:40
Originally posted by rushfan4 rushfan4 wrote:

I decided not to attend the shows in Chicago.  I was tempted and I might regret it, but decided that I am not a big enough fan to spend all of the money involved in making the trip.  I'm kind of perturbed that they play Toronto one night and Chicago  two nights later.  It would be quite simple to stop in Detroit on their way to Chicago.   I'm sure that we could probably have filled up a small venue for them.

The band have often stated that they cannot play venues where they will likely make a loss, and this is probably the reason for not going to Detroit.
rushfan4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rushfan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2012 at 13:49
Originally posted by lazland lazland wrote:

Originally posted by rushfan4 rushfan4 wrote:

The band have often stated that they cannot play venues where they will likely make a loss, and this is probably the reason for not going to Detroit.
I suppose, but it will probably cost them more money to stay that extra night in Toronto or Chicago then it would to stay in the Detroit area for a night, and since they aren't playing that night they aren't making any money that night.  I am not sure how it works with these smaller venues, but I suppose that unless there was one who was willing to make it worth the band's while it wasn't going to happen.  I don't suspect that they have much of a fan base around here, but I do at least find their albums from time to time in the store, so at least somebody other than me is aware of them. LOL
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2012 at 17:32

I hate you double for going to 2 shows.....CryAngry
Roj View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2012 at 02:51
The Weekender in Wolverhampton looks a very enticing proposition.  Yes, it's expensive but I'll move heaven and earth to try to get there, and as the missus is a fan as well I have a fighting chance.

Do you think they might play Marbles on the friday night if we asked them nicely?
Warthur View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Warthur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2012 at 04:59
They've already said Radiation is going to be the Friday night album this time.
mawgojzeta View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mawgojzeta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2012 at 23:43

Great - have a fantastic time. Let us know all about it please!Thumbs Up

I will!  I haven't seen them since Milwaukee in '97 (?) and am tickled to get two nights.
lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lazland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2012 at 13:42
I hate The Daily Mail, but here is an interesting piece about Fishs' daughter on their website, which I saw on the Marillion fan Site:

She's a damn sight better looking than her old man!LOL
jude111 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jude111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2012 at 19:04
I've noticed that Crowded House and Marillion often get compared to one another, particularly Hogarth's voice and Neil Finn's. But I haven't really heard much of the Crowded House, and their discography's pretty intimidating. So for the Marillion (particularly MARBLES) fan, which Crowded House album's a good place to begin?
lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lazland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2012 at 13:30
Latest update:

17 May 2012 Update From Pete & Steve

Only a few weeks to go before we embark on the world tour that kicks off in June in Canada and the USA. I can't wait to be back there and I speak for the rest of the band when I say we are looking forward to getting back out on the road and playing live. We hope to include a couple of new numbers to the ever increasing choice of material available. We met up earlier this week to put the set lists together. As we are playing some cities two nights in a row, we have two different sets made up of yours and our favourites. There are a couple of places in each set list where it simply says NEW SONG!

We are all busy working away on the overdubs to the enthusiastically awaited new album Sounds That Can't Be Made. As we are keenly aware, time is becoming short, so this time round we are taking a slightly new approach by working in our home studios. Mike is busy working on the album and getting people in to do what needs to be recorded in The Racket Club while at the same time the rest of us carry on recording at home and send the files to him. For example, while lead vocals are being recorded in the studio, Mark can be recording keyboards at home, Steve Rothery will be recording guitar parts in his studio etc etc. This actually frees up lots more time for us all, and as long as Mike doesn't fall over from exhaustion it means we should get this thing finished in it's allotted time frame. A couple of weeks ago we recorded the bass guitars and I am now mostly at home coming up with harmonies or the odd keyboard or guitar line - whatever comes to mind as a good idea to compliment the music.

We will be back rehearsing for the tour in a few days and at that point will choose which songs to debut from the album. So thank you for being so patient and see you on tour somewhere.

PETE

A hectic few weeks for me. In between recording guitar tracks for the Marillion album I've been finishing off some ideas for the soundtrack to a documentary about Bullying for PBS in the States with my friend Jason Hausman. I recently gave a British Guitar Academy Masterclass at the university in Paris with the extraordinary Dave Foster then last weekend flew to Italy to take part in the Italian fan club's annual get together in Cervia, where I gave a guitar clinic and guested on a couple of songs (Cinderella Search and Asylum satellite) with the excellent Italian band Ranestrane. I'm off to Chester this Sunday the 20th May for another British Guitar Academy Masterclass with Dave Foster and Matt Prior. This takes place at the Red Door venue and starts at 8.30 pm. I'll also have a few prints of some of my photographs for sale, all proceeds from the photos and the event tickets go to the Hope House Childrens hospice, a very worthy cause. Tickets are limited so if you're interested call Dawsons Music on             01925 582420      .

Ok, back in the studio to record some more guitar!

Steve R

In Other News:

Marillion Weekend Holland 2013 - Due to overwhelming demand, we are suspending new bookings temporarily, in order to process existing bookings. This will allow us to assess the accommodation availability. Thank you for your patience. The booking system should be back online from Monday. If you want a place you can and should book then! www.marillionweekend.com

Although you can pre-order Sounds That Can't Be Made right up until the release date, please remember that you only have until June 1st to pre-order and be entered into our prize draws to win some fantastic money can't buy prizes!
www.marillion.com/ preorder/index.htm

Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2012 at 23:59

Just got in the mail.......180grams of brilliance!!!!!

lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lazland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2012 at 13:25
Latest e-bulletin:

23 May 2012 Edison's Children - A Million Miles Away
Press Release

The new Pete Trewavas/Eric Blackwood project “EDISON’S CHILDREN” has released their first Major Single “A Million Miles Away (I Wish I Had A Time Machine)” to radio stations all across the United States (With a view to releasing to radio stations across Europe as well).

With this single, comes a new EP which features 4 all new songs Mixed &/or Mastered by John Mitchell (Arena / Kino / It Bites / Frost) including the new rocker Haunted Memories.

It also features 2 different versions of A Million Miles Away as well as Spiraling from the album In the Last Waking Moments” (featuring Steve Rothery on Lead Guitar).

The EP/Single is available now as a limited edition release athttp://www.edisonschildren.com. Only a few hundred copies are available to the public with the rest going to radio stations and their promoters. The first 500 will be signed by Eric Blackwood (Pete has promised to sign them as well, when he sees you on tour this year). Once they sell out, they will not again be reprinted.

Edison’s Children also has released all sorts of new merchandise on their website including 2 new Double-Sided Rock T-Shirts, Black Silicone Logo Bracelets and 2 new Double-Sided glossy Dog Tag Necklaces (for humans…).

The new merchandise and Single/EP are available athttp://www.edisonschildren.com as well as their new best-selling album “In The Last Waking Moments…” (which is also available at www.marillion.com via Racket Records).

Mmmmmmmmm. New tracks.

Missus, where's that credit card?LOL
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2012 at 13:32
^ Thanks for this lazy!!! I just saw it on Zune Marketplace and got it (download), they also have In the Last Waking Moments.......Do you have that? Any feedback? Will get it anyways as my Zune Pass allows unlimited downloading.

I like new (to me) music.
lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lazland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2012 at 13:45
Originally posted by Catcher10 Catcher10 wrote:

^ Thanks for this lazy!!! I just saw it on Zune Marketplace and got it (download), they also have In the Last Waking Moments.......Do you have that? Any feedback? Will get it anyways as my Zune Pass allows unlimited downloading.

Here's my review, Jose:

I also did an interview with them for the site, which is on page two (I think) of the Interviews section.

It's a work of genius.
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2012 at 14:07

Originally posted by Catcher10 Catcher10 wrote:

Here's my review, Jose:

I also did an interview with them for the site, which is on page two (I think) of the Interviews section.

It's a work of genius.

Awesome!!! Will give a listen during lunch.........download is done on both....should sound sweet on the home system too.

lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lazland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2012 at 14:31
Thumbs Up
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2012 at 15:00
Me like a lot........shame on you for not telling me about them sooner!

LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9091929394 123>