Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > General Polls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedMichael Vick reinstated

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Poll Question: Do you think he should have been reinstated in the NFL?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
7 [35.00%]
13 [65.00%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 14 2009 at 00:22
Originally posted by jammun jammun wrote:

Let him play, he's made and lost more $ than most of us will ever see in a lifetime, even if we hit the lottery.  The rest of the NFC East has to be happy, given that the distraction alone pretty much takes PHI out of the equation this year.
If PHI falls this year it will be due to the passing of their brilliant Defensive Co-ordinator Jimmy Johnson, not Michael Vick.
JJLehto View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 14 2009 at 16:13
I guess all this is pretty pointless....I mean I think he should not be allowed back in.
I think he is beyond second chance....I'm pretty sure he's on his third or fourth now
That being said, he's been taken by a team. I hear he might get a 6 game suspension, but still he'll get onto the field in some way this year.

Since he's coming back for sure now, all we can do is hope he TRULY means what he said.
His press conference was impressive today. Pretty real, not staged, not dodgy, took questions and said the whole "involved with the community" thing.
HOPE he means it....and he can't just do a few things. He better really donate some real team and effort.

Plankowner View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 14 2009 at 16:26
Working in retail I've given many second and third chances, the only time they truly pan out are the situations where the person decides to mature into a responsible adult, in other words, grow the hell up LOL

JJLehto View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 14 2009 at 16:27
Originally posted by Plankowner Plankowner wrote:

Originally posted by jammun jammun wrote:

Let him play, he's made and lost more $ than most of us will ever see in a lifetime, even if we hit the lottery.  The rest of the NFC East has to be happy, given that the distraction alone pretty much takes PHI out of the equation this year.
If PHI falls this year it will be due to the passing of their brilliant Defensive Co-ordinator Jimmy Johnson, not Michael Vick.

Yeah, that's made me laugh.
"Now with Vick the Eagles have NO chance at winning the superbowl"

I think that's more wishful thinking from my Giants brethren.
Facing a probable suspension, and playing as a backup...I don't think Vick will have a negative impact.
Or one at all.
And I don't think he'll be a distraction. If he has ANY brains he will be so quiet, he better not even litter. Play it 100% by the rules

And you're right Plankowner, VIck has to WANT to change. Again, unless he has complete sh*t for brains he should want to......
This whole ordeal happened, if he's allowed back in the NFL the least he could do is learn from it

Edited by JJLehto - August 14 2009 at 16:28
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234