Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > General Music Discussions
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - KISS to release Sonic Boom exclusively at Wal-Mart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedKISS to release Sonic Boom exclusively at Wal-Mart

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Topic: KISS to release Sonic Boom exclusively at Wal-Mart
    Posted: August 25 2009 at 08:10
KISS and Walmart announced today that SONIC BOOM-the band's highly anticipated CD, and its first new material in 11 years-will be sold in the U.S. and Canada exclusively at Walmart, Walmart.com and Sam's Club retail locations beginning October 6. SONIC BOOM, produced by the band's Paul Stanley in Los Angeles, is the centerpiece of a three-disc set that also features a completely re-recorded greatest hits CD as well as a live DVD shot in Argentina during the band's recent, record-breaking KISS ALIVE 35 South American tour. The CD set will retail for $12, with pre-orders starting in September on Walmart.com.

KISS' Gene Simmons says, "SONIC BOOM may be the best new record we've done since Destroyer! It is Rock And Roll Over meets Love Gun. The world's biggest retailer had better get ready for the hottest band in the world and hire more cashiers before October 6th!"

Stanley continues, "Through all of the albums that are considered our classics, we tried to always find ways to give our fans extras that went beyond just the music. Besides our making the best KISS album in decades, Walmart has made it possible for us to include a bonus CD with 15 of our most famous songs and an additional live DVD, shot during our recent concert in Buenos Aires. So in every sense, SONIC BOOM is the ultimate return to classic KISS form. You wanted the best, you got the best!"

Walmart, one of America's largest music retailers, is finalizing its exciting plans now for its in-store and online destinations for KISS fans surrounding the launch of the new album and tour, and will host various KISS products in addition to their music in its stores this fall. More details on Walmart KISS activity, announcements regarding album pre-sales, sweepstakes and KISS appearances will be shared shortly. ?>
Phideaux View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 25 2009 at 10:40
I am excited for this.  I loved Psycho Circus and if Kiss is rewinding back to their glory years for inspiration in songwriting, then I'm there!  I love all Kiss up to and including Lick It Up.  From there, it gets VERY spotty until Carnival Of Souls, which is good in a detuned 7 string sort of way and Psycho which is very good.

Now, mind you, for me a good Kiss album just has to have 4 or 5 excellent songs.  I always assume at least 40% of it will be bad attempts at hits...
Slartibartfast View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / In Memoriam

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 25 2009 at 11:45
I never really cared for Kiss, and I really don't like Walmart. But it sounds good if you are a fan. LOL

Edited by Slartibartfast - August 25 2009 at 12:05
crimhead View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 25 2009 at 12:03
No mention if it will be edited and family friendly.
Drew View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 25 2009 at 12:08
I wonder how much money they get from Wal Mart for this deal....... would be easier to form an opinion about the idea

rushfan4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 25 2009 at 12:18
I'm not sure how these deals usually work.  I don't know if Kiss gets a bigger commission per sale or if just a guaranteed amount of sales as in Wal-Mart agrees to buy 1 million CDs to sell within their stores exclusively for the first few weeks.  It is still a pretty good deal from a fan standpoint that you are getting a CD of new material, a CD of greatest hits (I already have and don't need but still a cool deal) and a DVD of a live show for $12.99.  Journey did something similar with their most recent release with the only difference being that the CD of greatest hits were re-recorded with their new singer singing the songs instead of Steve Perry. 
Collaborator
Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 25 2009 at 12:55
They really should do a live DVD.  Again, not a fan but i bet fans would snatch it up.

Edited by Slartibartfast - August 25 2009 at 13:12
akamaisondufromage View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 25 2009 at 13:03
Originally posted by Slartibartfast Slartibartfast wrote:

They really should do a live DVD.  Again, not a fan but i bet fans would snatch it up.

I think what they should do is retire (Please!!)

Kiss / Walmart a match made in heaven.Big smileWink

(Prepare for rotten fruit throwing an eggs flying)Wink
Help me I'm falling!
Collaborator
Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 25 2009 at 13:11
Dodge, dodge!!!Tongue
Released date are often when it it impacted you but recorded dates are when it really happened...

Post Reply Post Reply