Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Report abuse here
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Inappropriate Ratings

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 33>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
siLLy puPPy View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
PSIKE Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Inappropriate Ratings
    Posted: November 17 2016 at 06:51
^ That's weird because the ratings are still there but no sign of anyone who left them. For example on the newest two i posted, there are two ratings. One is my review and the other is clearly a one star rating but when i look at the list of ratings there are none
DamoXt7942 View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl & Neo Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DamoXt7942 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2016 at 03:55
^ Done. Nuke
Collaborator
Collaborator
PSIKE Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2016 at 20:28
^ YAY!!! Hey, is that icon at the bottom fart propelled? I have been wondering about this for some time now LOL
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DamoXt7942 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2016 at 19:54
Now under discussin' ... Party
Guldbamsen View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2016 at 09:26
Ahh a fellow Dane!
...who sadly seems to download every release of the frontpage and then rate haphazardly - sometimes without listening to a peep. Stylish.
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
Collaborator
Collaborator
PSIKE Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2016 at 09:12
Now i have proof. I posted 5 new Buckethead reviews this morning around 8 am EST

Within an hour this guy rated all 5 with 1 star

So either he has found a way to listen to 2 1/2 hours of music really, really quickly

OR he has already listened to all of the Pikes and just waiting for someone to post

OR more likely, he's just simply plastering 1 star on every single release

Off with his head! LOL

Just kidding, what say you wise and powerful admins?

Edited by siLLy puPPy - November 10 2016 at 09:12
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DamoXt7942 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2016 at 16:09
^ Will discuss in AZ too. Thanks Pupp and Kevin. 
Magnum Vaeltaja View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Eclectic Prog Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magnum Vaeltaja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2016 at 10:00
A collection of serial 1-starrers that I found. Many of the accounts are no longer active, but I think it may be worthwhile to "clean up the mess", so to speak. Lots of entire discographies/subgenres given 1 star ratings, with no accompanying reviews as justification.

This guy has some sort of vendetta against eclectic prog:

This guy has it out for many subgenres, including RPI, symphonic, zeuhl, all of of the metal subs, Canterbury, etc.

This guy seems to hate everything except for the output of a few select artists:

This one's real rich; everything's either a "masterpiece of prog" or "completionists only" as far as he's concerned:

This guy dislikes most stuff, and was only active for about a month:

Another case of not in the top 20; give it 1 star! Also, note that the account was only active for one day:

Only active for a few weeks, and yet another one of those "1 star every album by artists I don't like" fellows:

Another highly polarized rater. Certain genres can do no wrong, other ones are unworthy:

Vulgarity is the fool's fig leaf.
Collaborator
Collaborator
PSIKE Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2016 at 07:24
Originally posted by Aussie-Byrd-Brother Aussie-Byrd-Brother wrote:

Puppy, I get the feeling that he hasn't listened to them all, but the ones that he HAS heard left a very bad impression on him that he instantly assumes they're all rubbish?

That's why i'm writing reviews for them. Because some of them deserve one star and some don't. I hardly want to incite the ratings police. If he hates them all so be it but i find it hard to believe that someone can carpet bomb any artist so uniformly with a single rating. My guess is he doesn't even listen Sleepy

Aussie-Byrd-Brother View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Rock Progressivo Italiano Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie-Byrd-Brother Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2016 at 06:34
Puppy, I get the feeling that he hasn't listened to them all, but the ones that he HAS heard left a very bad impression on him that he instantly assumes they're all rubbish?
Collaborator
Collaborator
PSIKE Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2016 at 06:27
Looks like we have a Buckethead hater on this site. I keep seeing that he rates every album i review with 1 star. Normally i don't care about such trivial things but when i look at his list of ratings, EVERY BH album is a 1 star (there is a single one with 2 stars). BH has such a wide range of styles no one could give every album the same rating if they actually listened. Is this ratings abuse? Just curious what you think.

Angelo View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 11 2016 at 14:39
Angelo View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 11 2016 at 14:37
Rivertree View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
PSIKE Team & Band Submissions

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rivertree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2016 at 09:43
^ah, Micky the Rock Star, you're welcome as a member of The Allman Brothers Revival Band Smile

micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2016 at 09:14
Originally posted by Quinino Quinino wrote:

Wowwww, do we have so much visibility around the web ?
It certainly makes me happy we all struggle to keep a high level of credibility, good work ! Thumbs Up

oh yeah... back in the day we, the senior collabs, were like rock stars.  Band members wanted to meet us, prog fans would speak in hushed tones of reverence when meeting us. 

'oh.. you are the guy who spearheaded the AR split.. and created RPI...  let me buy you a drink... and here.. have my wife for a night'

oh the good old days of the site.... forever gone.. but never forgotten LOL
Quinino View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2016 at 09:09
Wowwww, do we have so much visibility around the web ?
It certainly makes me happy we all struggle to keep a high level of credibility, good work ! Thumbs Up

🎵 No Guru, no method, no teacher 🎵
Just you and I and nature 🎵 And the Father in the garden 🎵 (Van M.)
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie-Byrd-Brother Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2016 at 08:45
Awesome, guys! A member of one of the bands affected by it was pretty upset, so thank you so much.
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2016 at 08:37
Originally posted by DamoXt7942 DamoXt7942 wrote:

^ All gone. Thanks.

Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DamoXt7942 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2016 at 08:34
^ All gone. Thanks.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie-Byrd-Brother Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2016 at 07:52
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 33>
  Share Topic