Topic ClosedOsada Vida's new album, "Uninvited dreams"

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Osada Vida's new album, "Uninvited dreams"
    Posted: September 08 2009 at 13:48
Progressive rock band Osada Vida returns this Autumn with their third full-length album - “Uninvited Dreams”. Their brand new offering is a follow up to the highly acclaimed albums „Three Seats Behind A Triangle” (2007) and "The Body Parts Party" (2008).

Rafal Paluszek (keyboards) says about their work in the studio:  “When we started to work on a new album in early February, we were focused on one thing - there would be no compromises. We had no idea what the title would be, how expensive gear we would have to use to record it, or what the front cover should look like. What we all were sure about though was that on our new album a lot of things would happen. When composing, we  realized how much the new music is diversified. Therefore, good mixing would be very important and had to be done by professionals. Marcin Chlebowski, with whom we had a pleasure to work for the third time, did a great job as an engineer and a producer of the new album. He managed to strengthen the power of the heaviest parts as well as emphasize the gentleness of more atmospheric moments, giving them more space. Thanks to him the music sounds now very selective. This album has definitely the best sound of all Osada Vida’s releases.”
As it was with their previous releases, Osada Vida manifests a wide variety of influences and styles: symphonic prog-rock, neo-prog, prog metal, alternative rock and metal. “Uninvited Dreams” is yet another concept-album that draws from the tradition of ambitious rock distinctive of Yes, Porcupine Tree and Pain Of Salvation.

“Uninvited Dreams” will be released by Metal Mind Productions on 23rd November in Europe and 1st December in USA (via MVD). The album will be available in two editions: as a standard jewel case CD and as a digipak with bonus tracks. More details to follow soon!

--------------------------------------
Metal Mind Productions - Promo Dept.
Websites I work with:

http://www.progressor.net
http://www.houseofprog.com

My profile on Mixcloud:
https://www.mixcloud.com/haukevind/
Mellotron Storm View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2009 at 15:53
Count me as a big fan,looking forward to it.
"The wind is slowly tearing her apart"

"Sad Rain" ANEKDOTEN
bhikkhu View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2009 at 21:30
Great news! Unlike my other favorite band from Poland (I was so looking forward to "Idmen"), these guys didn't let me down the second time out. "The Body Parts Party" may have been even better than "Three Seats Behind a Triangle." Let's see if they can raise the bar again.
Plankowner View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 10 2009 at 00:25
Dam, already .. Seems like I just bought Body Parts.. Clap
Nightfly View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 11 2009 at 10:44
I'll look forward to hearing it, enjoyed the last one.
Laszlo View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2009 at 20:42
Oh that's terrific news for progski fanboy here. I know my chrissy present. Smile
Windhawk View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2009 at 14:37
As announced last week progressive rock band Osada Vida returns in November with their third full-length album entitled “Uninvited Dreams”. Their brand new offering is a follow up to the highly acclaimed albums „Three Seats Behind A Triangle” (2007) and "The Body Parts Party" (2008). As it was with their previous releases, Osada Vida manifests a wide variety of influences and styles: symphonic prog-rock, neo-prog, prog metal, alternative rock and metal. “Uninvited Dreams” is yet another concept-album that draws from the tradition of ambitious rock distinctive of Yes, Porcupine Tree and Pain Of Salvation.

And today the band reveals a cover artwork and the tracklist of “Uninvited Dreams”.

Osada Vida
“Uninvited Dreams”

Tracklist:

1. Uninvited Dreams
2. My Nightmare Is Scared Of Me
3. Childmare (A Goodnight Story)
4. Lack Of Dreams
5. Is This Devil From Spain?
6. Is That Devil From Spain Too?
7. Neverending Dream

Bonus tracks (only available on a ltd. CD digipak)
8. 2304
9. S.L.E.E.P.
10. Uninvited Dreams (edit)

“Uninvited Dreams” will be released by Metal Mind Productions on 23rd November in Europe and 1st December in USA (via MVD). The album will be available in two editions: as a standard jewel case CD and as a digipak with bonus tracks. More details to follow soon!

Websites I work with:

My profile on Mixcloud:
Easy Livin View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 03 2009 at 04:32
As previously announced progressive rock band Osada Vida returns in November with their third full-length album entitled “Uninvited Dreams”. As it was with their previous releases („Three Seats Behind A Triangle” 2007 and "The Body Parts Party" 2008), Osada Vida manifests a wide variety of influences and styles: symphonic prog-rock, neo-prog, prog metal, alternative rock and metal. “Uninvited Dreams” is yet another concept-album that draws from the tradition of ambitious rock distinctive of Yes, Porcupine Tree and Pain Of Salvation.

A foretaste of their new material - the track “Uninvited Dreams (edit)” - was recently posted on the official Metal Mind Productions’ profile on myspace: www.myspace.com/metalmindproductions.

Osada Vida
“Uninvited Dreams”

Label: Metal Mind Records
Cat. No.: MMP CD 0674
Barcode: 5907785035577
Cat. No.: MMP CD 0675 DG (ltd. CD Digipak)
Barcode: 5907785035584 (ltd. CD Digipak)
Format: CD / CD DG
Genre: prog rock
Release date: 23.11.2009 Europe / 01.12.2009 USA

Tracklist:

1. Uninvited Dreams
4. Lack Of Dreams
7. Neverending Dream

8. 2304
9. S.L.E.E.P.

Poland
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 02 2009 at 09:16
As previously announced Osada Vida, one of the best progressive rock bands from Poland, returns this Autumn with their third full-length album - “Uninvited Dreams”. The album will be released by Metal Mind Productions on 23rd November in Europe and 1st December in USA (via MVD) in two editions: as a standard jewel case CD and as a digipak with 3 bonus tracks.

Łukasz Lisiak, Osada Vida’s bass player and vocalist, says about the work on this new material:

“Working on this album was a fantastic experience for me. Mainly, because we returned to the old way of composing. I mean the way we did it before our previous release “Three Seats Behind A Triangle”. So it wasn't like we worked on a given complete song that had come to somebody’s mind. We all just met for the sessions so that we could play and try different ideas and decide which of them would be the most suitable. Such an attitude resulted in totally uncommercial, uncompromising material, with the shortest song lasting almost 9 minutes! We approached the new album with no rules, no borders and no limits. Therefore, the new songs sound more as if we had recorded them live. There is a place for Bartek’s great guitar solos, for Rafal’s crazy keyboard passages, and for Adam’s drum craziness – of course all in good balance and taste J. In my opinion, it’s an incredibly precious album for a listener who searches for complex music, which you have to focus on, listen to carefully, discover and be part of. Consequently, it’s definitely not a sort of music that makes you feel bored quickly. We traditionally mixed together all the music styles we love the most: rock, metal, jazz/fusion, prog, electronic and even funky. And I strongly believe Osada Vida has listeners who will enjoy it a lot!”

Osada Vida AD 2009

You can hear a sample of the new material, as the track “Uninvited Dreams (edit)” is available on the official Metal Mind Productions’ site on myspace: www.myspace.com/metalmindproductions.

Osada Vida
“Uninvited Dreams”

Tracklist:
1. Uninvited Dreams
4. Lack Of Dreams
7. Neverending Dream

8. 2304
9. S.L.E.E.P.

POLAND

TheProgtologist View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 02 2009 at 10:08
Both of their previous albums were superb,can't wait for the new one!

Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2009 at 09:56
Osada Vida, one of the best progressive rock bands from Poland, returns with their third full-length album - “Uninvited Dreams”. The new album will be officially released in Europe next Monday, 23rd November. The band's American fans will have to wait till 1st December.

And today Łukasz Lisiak (bass, vocal) says about “Uninvited Dreams” lyrics: “As it was in the past, Adam Podzimski, our drummer, is the author of the lyrics. We have always avoided being literal and this hasn't changed this time as well. The album's title explains the whole content. Dreams have fascinated people through the years. Let’s look at all dreams' interpretations created in many cultures and centuries, fortune-tellers and astrologists, even scientists who tried to study dreams. We focused only on those “unwanted” ones. Everyone must have experienced a bad dream, one you wish to forget as soon as you wake up. At other times, although you wanted to dream about pleasures, no pleasant things appeared – just the black hole. Taking into consideration the fact that we sleep through 1/3 of our life, such situations are pretty frequent. Why? Because of stress, sadness and everyday problems inevitably accompanying our life. Sometimes, you go to bed with a hope that night will bring the desired solution and a change for the better. This is what the new CD is all about. In terms of  lyrics, ”Univited Dreams” is probably Osada Vida’s saddest album. It’s no secret that we try to express the content through sounds rather than words. Therefore our albums are 70% instrumental. The same is true with reference to the new album, although we have prepared a few vocal surprises. I deeply believe that they are really positive and make the whole album sound fantastic. I will not reveal any more details – you'll have to wait for the release.”

You can listen to another sneak preview of the album. Track “My Nightmare Is Scared Of Me“ is available on Metal Mind Productions’ official Myspace profile: www.myspace.com/metalmindproductions

"Uninvited Dreams" will be released by Metal Mind Productions on 23rd November in Europe and 1st December in USA (via MVD) in two editions: as a standard jewel case CD and as a digipak with 3 bonus tracks.

Osada Vida - line-up:
Łukasz Lisiak - bass guitar
Bartek Bereska - guitars
Rafał Paluszek - keyboards
Adam Podzimski - drums

Osada Vida online:

Osada Vida
“Uninvited Dreams”

Tracklist:

1. Uninvited Dreams
4. Lack Of Dreams
7. Neverending Dream

8. 2304
9. S.L.E.E.P.

All the best,

POLAND

Windhawk View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 23 2009 at 15:40
Metal Mind Productions releases today the third full-length album by Osada Vida, one of the best progressive rock bands from Poland. “Uninvited Dreams”, their brand new offering, is a follow up to the highly acclaimed albums „Three Seats Behind A Triangle” (2007) and "The Body Parts Party" (2008). As it was with their previous releases, Osada Vida manifests a wide variety of influences and styles: symphonic prog-rock, neo-prog, prog metal, alternative rock and metal.

The new album is officially released in Europe today, Monday, 23rd November. The band's American fans will have to wait till 1st December.

On the band’s channel on Youtube you can see the video to the title track “Uninvited Dreams”: http://www.youtube.com/user/osadavida.

"Uninvited Dreams" will be released by Metal Mind Productions on 23rd November in Europe and 1st December in USA (via MVD) in two editions: as a standard jewel case CD and as a digipak with 3 bonus tracks.

Osada Vida
“Uninvited Dreams”

Tracklist:

1. Uninvited Dreams
4. Lack Of Dreams
7. Neverending Dream

8. 2304
9. S.L.E.E.P.

Websites I work with:

My profile on Mixcloud:
 Post Reply Post Reply