Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 101112
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
toroddfuglesteg View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Retired

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 31 2009 at 06:19
Let's face it: Progheads lives in big castles and drive Ferrari, Mercedes or Range Rover. That's why this magazine costs a fortune. Hence I will now take out a subscription. The magazine will be delivered by helicopter directly from the Classic Rock's HQ. A box of chocolate will be included. 
bsms810 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 31 2009 at 04:58
Completely agree akerjazman, its a great mag and does a great job of covering old and new.... you are also right about it being overpriced but Its sort of inevitable when you think about the RELATIVE sparcity of prog fans
'when was the last time you had a girlfriend?'
'I dont look at it as when, I look at it as who...and why' - David Brent
Textbook View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 31 2009 at 00:28
My favourite music mag is Q. It has it's flaws but it does the best job out of all the high street mags of making a real effort to try to cover everything- you'll see rap, country, pop, prog, metal, almost everything, turning up there. You can also see it has real industry respect from the sort of people who turn up to the Q awards. (Heaps of people who typically don't do those things or are rather unexpected such as Morrissey, John Lydon, Kate Bush, Peter Gabriel, REM, Radiohead, Scott Walker, Glenn Campbell, Grace Jones, Smokey Robinson, Gary Numan, Sonic Youth, Robert Plant, Cat Stevens etc)
And yes, English mags are better than American ones.
akajazzman View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 31 2009 at 00:04
OK I know its the most expensive magazine on the racks, and that sucks, but you have to admit, its a great rag.  I was so thrilled when it hit the stands.  Couldn't have come at a better time for me.  I think the British rock magazines like Classic Rock, Mojo and Uncut are by and large better than US magazines, but how many times to I need to reread about the Who, Stones, Beatles, Beach Boys, Hendrix, Zeppelin?   What more is their to learn about them?  

Then Classic Rock figured out that there's still Prog nuts like us out there and are now delivering the goods in their "Prog Rock" magazine.  I've been completely satisfied with the first three issues, and think the found a nice blend of the new and old.  The samplers, especially the first one, are pretty good.  Even if they're over priced, they're crammed with great articles and little ads, so its like a mini-book.  I've even discovered a few good bands through it. 

I  dunno, I walk into my local shop, and there's this big ole "Prog Rock" magazine shouting out for all to see.  Sorta...gets you..right there.. Wink
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 101112