Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > General Polls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedDream Experiences

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Poll Question: Do You Remember Your Dreams?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
1 [2.38%]
17 [40.48%]
4 [9.52%]
1 [2.38%]
10 [23.81%]
7 [16.67%]
2 [4.76%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

Author
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dream Experiences
    Posted: January 06 2010 at 13:57

I wanted to start a new subject to shoot the breeze about, so....

I think I have a fairly unique experience that it feels, to me, that I am dreaming continuously from the time I go to sleep until I wake up. Anytime I wake up, I could tell you what I had been dreaming. There is a set of dream where I literally feel like I'm walking through syrup in the dream, which I assume is some sort of deeper sleep.

Last evening I was meditating and actually could feel the transition happening and had a little power over the process (not as much as I'd like). Unfortunately, I often fall asleep while meditating or anything relaxing.

You are quite a fine person, and I am very fond of you. But you are only quite a little fellow, in a wide world, after all.
Vompatti View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2010 at 13:59
No. And when I dream I can't even remember to look for my hands. Unhappy
Epignosis View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2010 at 14:05
I have extremely vivid dreams (several in the course of one night) and I remember almost all of them.

Many times I can swear I've been to the same scenes multiple times, but the more I think about it while awake, the less sure I am about it (nocturnal deja vu?)

If I were a painter, I could do some really incredible things based on the things I've seen during the course of a night's sleep.
SaltyJon View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2010 at 14:07
Rarely ever.  I wish I could, the few I have remembered have been pretty interesting and crazy.
Negoba View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2010 at 14:09
Mine have many recurring themes. One of the most common is driving a car into or through a flooded road. I never go under, just feel like I'm in trouble.
You are quite a fine person, and I am very fond of you. But you are only quite a little fellow, in a wide world, after all.
Dean View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin and Amateur Layabout

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2010 at 14:11
I have an active imagination - I often go to sleep while day-dreaming - consciously thinking about (or imagining) something and often I have found myself following the same "plot-line" when waking. I don;t think I could call those dreams as such.

I also suffer from migraines that occasionally will force me to wake, often from a deep sleep - several times these migraines have interrupted lucid dreams that involved the kind of pain a migraine exacts - as a child this often involved my pillow turning into something from the Cars That Ate Paris.
What?
Negoba View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2010 at 14:15
Migraines aren't supposed to wake you from sleep...that really stinks.

What do you define as lucid dreaming, then?
Trademark View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2010 at 14:21
I rarely remember dreams.  Some years ago I got to feeling inferior in this regard and started working at remembering them.  I kept a pad next to my bed and quickly wrote down whatever i could remember the instant I woke up (middle of the night or whenever) and I actually made some progress.  I got better at "tracking" my dreams.  After I stopped the writing, everything went back to the way it was before.  Now I remember a dream for an hour or so in the morning about once every 10 days or so.

The Sleepwalker View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2010 at 14:22
I don't have a clue honestly. 
I do remember my dreams quite often I think, but I don't have a clue how much of them I forget.

Originally posted by Epignosis Epignosis wrote:

Many times I can swear I've been to the same scenes multiple times, but the more I think about it while awake, the less sure I am about it (nocturnal deja vu?)

That's something I've also experienced several times. 

Here's a recent dream I had, it was epic Big smile:

Originally posted by floydispink (at the off at tangents thread) floydispink (at the off at tangents thread) wrote:

I'd like to share the brilliant dream I had last night with you:
I was sitting in my room, and when I looked outside into the backyard I saw a bunch of filthy rats. Obviously I didn't want those there, so I dressed up like a ghost and tried to scare them away. Unfortunately they weren't scared and they got angry at me. They called some of their mates and suddenly my house was surrounded by a huge army of rats. There were millions of them, and they were furious. They were ravaging cities close to my house and attacking innocent people. Suddenly I got a vision... I needed to show the rats a little lamb, so that I could summon the army of angels. So, I summoned a little lamb, went outside, showed it to the angry rats and went back inside. the rats were looking anry at me, but they didn't attack me. Then the army of angels appeared and the rats fled.

Edited by floydispink - January 06 2010 at 14:25
Stooge View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2010 at 14:28
I'll remember somewhere around 1/2 of my dreams, but only around 1/5 of those or less are interesting.  Most of my dreams are pretty lame, like I finally obtain an album I couldn't find anywhere or something else rather realistic.
jampa17 View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2010 at 14:51
I remember many of my dreams, most of them in this last year were about I'm been a superheroe in a movie, but the emotions I felt were really strong... I also have a lot of vivid dreams...

Happened to me last week, I was sleep on a bus at the morning and in my dream i found the final scence for a movie script I'm doing, and the next day on the same bus, before dawn, I end up one of the chapters I'm writing in a novel... so, I don't know how to call to this... It happened to me many other times with songs but I canīt never reach the ideas shown in my dreams but in the case of the script and that chapter of my book I really wrote it as I dreamed and are the both great...

I have recurrent dreams as well... but they are not that great as the ones I mention above...

Edited by jampa17 - January 06 2010 at 14:53
Change the program inside... Stay in silence is a crime.
Dean View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin and Amateur Layabout

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2010 at 15:15
Originally posted by Negoba Negoba wrote:

Migraines aren't supposed to wake you from sleep...that really stinks.

What do you define as lucid dreaming, then?
Migraines ... the world's most misused word - I couldn't say whether it is the migraine that wakes me or the headache I'm left with afterwards.

For me lucid dreams are ones where you are well aware that you what you are experiencing is dream but it still seems real.
What?
The Doctor View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2010 at 15:44
Sometimes I remember my dreams, but I'm guessing not always (I'm guessing because if I didn't remember the dream, I wouldn't very well remember that I didn't remember my dream, now would I?  Wink)  The dreams I remember usually involve me trying to get down safely from someplace high, or trying to cross some very precarious bridge up high.  Not sure why I dream that a lot, although I am afraid of heights. 

Another dream I have constantly is that I'm always coming on to this progressive rock website and making posts, and lots of other people (who are just figments of my fever dreams I'm sure) also post.  Strange stuff.  Confused
I can understand your anger at me, but what did the horse I rode in on ever do to you?
Raff View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2010 at 15:57
None of the above options really fits me, since I occasionally remember my dreams for as long as a day or so, though I would lie if I said it is a frequent occurrence. Like Jay's, my dreams often involve recurring situations, and even a whole alternate world (especially as regards places). One of those recurring situations is driving a car - which is odd in my case, since I don't drive - or even sitting in the passenger's seat of a car that is moving by itself. Another is walking around when completely naked, and being understandably worried about itWink.

On the other hand, I very rarely have what you would call nightmares, but whenever I dream of getting seriously angry at someone (occasionally even hitting them), it usually leaves me with a sort of nasty feeling afterwards. 
Negoba View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2010 at 16:00
I always assumed everyone had naked dreams. It's always being out in public. No one else is naked, of course. I've heard of lots of folks with these before. Or maybe it's just people raised Catholic...hmmm....
The Doctor View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2010 at 16:04
You know.  I do remember a dream now that I had not too long ago.  In my dream, I was still living in Poland, and walked outside around Christmas.  Was walking down the street, felt a bit cold, and some woman looked at me and gave me the eye that said I should look down and when I did, I noticed I had no pants or underwear on, although I was completely clothed from the waist up. 
I can understand your anger at me, but what did the horse I rode in on ever do to you?
jampa17 View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2010 at 16:09
Well... I never dream about it Jay and I'm Catholic, really, why should I dream about been naked and feel wrong about it...?? but agree with Raff in the part of recurrent dreams... mine are always fill with action, explotions, babes -sometimes- and missions that I have to develop... and most of the times I achieve the goal just before waking up... sometimes it merges with some fear feeling, like a nightmare but it's never negative... I always escapes from what is haunting me...
Change the program inside... Stay in silence is a crime.
Negoba View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2010 at 16:12
I also wake up just BEFORE the climax....Confused
UndercoverBoy View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2010 at 16:13
Originally posted by Negoba Negoba wrote:

I always assumed everyone had naked dreams. It's always being out in public. No one else is naked, of course. I've heard of lots of folks with these before. Or maybe it's just people raised Catholic...hmmm....

I've had a few of these dreams.  

I've also had dreams that usually end with me falling to my death.  This has happened so many times I think I almost imagine the experience of falling and knowing you won't survive in the end.  Hopefully this doesn't mean anything.
Stooge View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2010 at 16:14
Something weird about some of my dreams is that there is usually a lag in time in my dreamworld.  By this, I mean that I usually have to know a person or be in a certain environment for roughly a year before they start making dream apperances. 

Does this happen to anyone else?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>