Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Gigs, Tours and Festivals
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedRoSfest,PA,USA 2010 - Latest news,Line up

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: RoSfest,PA,USA 2010 - Latest news,Line up
    Posted: August 02 2009 at 02:31
Tongue

RoSfest is pleased to announce Manning. This eight piece band led by maestro Guy Manning will be playing the second slot on Saturday May 1st. The band Manning has been around since 1999, formed around the prodigiously talented singer / songwriter / multi-instrumentalist Guy Manning. Having previously been an associate of prog legends Parallel or 90 Degrees and being a founding member of the internationally respected, The Tangent, Guy has an impressive record of releasing ten studio albums in ten years! Manning produce an eclectic mix of music which broadly falls within the "progressive" genre, but in reality spans many different musical forms from beautiful ballads and folk-tinged songs through to awesome all-out rock workouts and true progressive epics - no two songs sound the same! The band is currently experiencing a surge of interest and support, with the previous album "Songs From The Bilston House" having been nominated for Album of the Year by the Classic Rock Society (CRS) and a series of storming headline gigs in support of the latest and critically acclaimed album "Number Ten".

Phideaux View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 02 2009 at 08:20
That is AWESOME news.  I'll be there, with whistles and bells!   (do you need a whistle or bell player?)

Congrats, Rosfest is a prestigious thing these days!
Windhawk View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2009 at 18:57
Posting this one on behalf of George Roldan.

--------------------------------------

RoSfest Moves to the Majestic Theater

RoSfest is excited to announce that we are moving our festival to the Majestic Theater in historic Gettysburg, Pennsylvania. The town is located midway between many major cities including Pittsburgh, Baltimore, Washington DC, and Philadelphia.  It is serviced by 4 major airports within a 75 mile radius, the closest being the Harrisburg international Airport (35 miles), Baltimore-Washington International Airport (55 miles), Reagan National Airport (68 miles), and Dulles International Airport (75 miles). The Majestic Theater is an elegantly decorated theater with 815 comfortable seats, a world-class stage, and modern technical facilities. Its features include a balcony, a great view from every seat, accessibility, and plenty of space for vendors and activities.  The town boasts many watering holes and great restaurants within walking distance of the theater, including the Appalachian Brewery Company. Adequate parking for all of our guests is available in a garage next to the theater. We feel that we have found our permanent home and we know that everyone attending RoSfest 2010 will feel the magic of this lovely town and the Majestic Theater. All the information, including pictures of the theater, is posted and available on the RoSfest website at http://rosfest.com/Majestic_Theater.htm

We have also secured two hotels for our guests. The historic Gettysburg Hotel right next door to the theater has available 50 rooms per night for the three-night performance at a group rate of $139.00 This is a convenience that is unmatched, but the number of rooms is not sufficient as our main host hotel. Fortunately, we were able to secure a group rate of $114.00 at a hotel that can accommodate our entire group and their needs 5 miles from the theater, the Eisenhower Hotel and Conference Center. All of the bands will be staying at the Eisenhower, and all after-hours events will be held there. There are also many other hotels in the Gettysburg area to choose from with rates as low as $75.00 per night. All the information is posted and available on the RoSfest website at http://rosfest.com/Lodging.htm . I would make reservations as soon as possible, as the rooms available at the group rate will sell out quickly.

What I liked best about the new theater is the way it took me back to the days of the Colonial Theater, but with a complete and beautiful restoration.  In addition, the town has the charm and amenities of Phoenixville and Glenside combined. I'm sure that RoSfesters will be happy when they come to Gettysburg in 2010 and I have a feeling that it will be magical.

Look for band updates in the next few weeks. Gold seat tickets will go on sale November 7th 2009 at 12 Noon EST. All tickets are reserved seating. The date for Regular seat ticket sales will be announced soon. A seating chart for The Majestic is on the RoSfest website.

We would like to extend a heartfelt thank you to our friends and associates at The Keswick Theater. They have been nothing but wonderful for the last two years, and we have been proud and thankful to call Glenside and its lovely Keswick Theater our home.

See you all at our new home on April 30th, May 1st and 2nd, 2010.
George Roldan
www.rosfest.com

-------------
Rites Of Spring Festival - April 30th, May 1st & 2nd - 2010
www.rosfest.com

Websites I work with:

http://www.progressor.net
http://www.houseofprog.com

My profile on Mixcloud:
https://www.mixcloud.com/haukevind/
Jozef View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 24 2009 at 02:47
Ugh, I hated reading this. It was so convenient to get to Glenside considering it's proximity to Philadelphia and the train lines. I could understand moving it back to Phoenixville, but Gettysburg? Fail.

Although, this record vendor I was talking to at this year's edition did say they might have to relocate due to the fact that the theater was barely half full. Unhappy

Garion81 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 25 2009 at 13:11
^ How can you say fail?  This is a great location that opens it up to a lot more people who couldn't go before.  This is what a 60 minute drive from Philly?  Stacy and I took a trip there 4 years ago and Gettysburg and the surrounding area would be a great location to hold the festival. Of course being from California this will be a hard trip no matter where it is in PA.

"What are you going to do when that damn thing rusts?"
Padraic View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 25 2009 at 13:24
Originally posted by Garion81 Garion81 wrote:

^ How can you say fail?  This is a great location that opens it up to a lot more people who couldn't go before.  This is what a 60 minute drive from Philly? 

More like a 2-2.5 hour drive.  The Keswick was a 10 minute drive from my house.  Wink  That's why Jozef is calling it a "fail".

It will be farther for those in Philly/SE PA, but a bit closer for Marylanders or people living near DC.  I visited Gettysburg when I lived in Rockville, MD and it was about a 75 minute drive.
Windhawk View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 25 2009 at 13:32
Originally posted by Padraic Padraic wrote:

More like a 2-2.5 hour drive.  The Keswick was a 10 minute drive from my house.  Wink  That's why Jozef is calling it a "fail".

It will be farther for those in Philly/SE PA, but a bit closer for Marylanders or people living near DC.  I visited Gettysburg when I lived in Rockville, MD and it was about a 75 minute drive.

Keswick was nice enough - was there in 2008 - but with my travelling distance whether it's here or there really isn't such a big deal.

I do hope to be there again next year though.
Websites I work with:

My profile on Mixcloud:
Garion81 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 25 2009 at 14:49

^ How can you say fail?  This is a great location that opens it up to a lot more people who couldn't go before.  This is what a 60 minute drive from Philly? 

Oh OK I was thinking it was the same from Baltimore (where we flew into) but guess I was wrong.  That is still like 1/4 of the time from LA to San Francisco and about half the time as LA to Vegas and just a little longer between LA and San Diego. I have travled all those distances for Concerts before.  I guess i distances are relative arguments.

Padraic View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 25 2009 at 14:52

Oh OK I was thinking it was the same from Baltimore (where we flew into) but guess I was wrong.  That is still like 1/4 of the time from LA to San Francisco and about half the time as LA to Vegas and just a little longer between LA and San Diego. I have travled all those distances for Concerts before.  I guess i distances are relative arguments.

Probably an east/west thing.  My friend routinely drives 8 hours from his house in L.A. to his cabin in Tahoe and doesn't break a sweat.  Whereas I used to live 8 hours from my parents and would always fly home.

Edited by Padraic - August 25 2009 at 14:52
Jozef View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 25 2009 at 22:27

I live about 45 minutes away from Glenside and I took the train up there. I saw King Crimson at the Keswick last year and it is indeed an excellent venue.

I loved last year's festival. I went both friday and saturday, I just think Gettysburg might be a bit of a stretch, but depending on the lineup, I'll make my decision.

Garion81 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 26 2009 at 12:50
Originally posted by Jozef Jozef wrote:

I live about 45 minutes away from Glenside and I took the train up there. I saw King Crimson at the Keswick last year and it is indeed an excellent venue.

I loved last year's festival. I went both friday and saturday, I just think Gettysburg might be a bit of a stretch, but depending on the lineup, I'll make my decision.

From a thread at Progressive ears on the same subject they also said that the Keswick and some were saying Rosfest rarely sold out the venue which may have as much to do with the move as anything else. It probably was too expensive for the promoter to keep renting a facility at a higher price.  As for your last statement I guess that is the final criteria anyway. Wink

Windhawk View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2009 at 14:31
Forwarding this one from George Roldan.

-----------------------------------------------------

We are very excited to announce Norwegian band Gazpacho for an appearance at RoSfest 2010.  
  Gazpacho consists of:
 • Jan-Henrik Ohme - vocals
 • Jon-Arne Vilbo – guitars
 • Thomas Andersen - keyboards
 • Mikael Krømer - violin, mandolin
 • Robert R Johansen - drums, percussion
 • Kristian Torp - bass guitar 

Gazpacho has been described by one critic as being "classical post ambient nocturnal atmospheric folk world rock".  Putting them in a single genre is not really possible, although bands  like Radiohead, Muse, Marillion, Talk Talk or Porcupine Tree have been named.

Gazpacho's first three albums, "Bravo" (2003), When Earth Lets Go" (2004), and "Firebird" (2005) gained acclaim by word of mouth throughout the world. It didn't take long before they had debuted in the Dutch indie charts at #6, hit #1 three times on Mp3.com, won international songwriter competitions, got playlistings on national radio in several countries, were offered a support slot throughout Europe, voted as one of the top 10 albums of the year for over 6 months on various sites, and a general 'good vibe' was spreading about Gazpacho underground.

They played support on Marillion's "Marbles" tour in 2004 with 31 shows in 11 countries in front of than 40.000 people, which radically raised their profile, earning the respect of audiences everywhere they played and garnering critical acclaim. Overwhelmed by the audience's positive reaction to Gazpacho, Marillion's record label, "Intact Records", sought to capitalize on Gazpacho's potential.  They launched Gazpacho's 3rd studio album 'Firebird', and licensed the back catalogue. Appearing on Firebird is none other than Marillion's guitar legend Steve Rothery who contributed stunning melodic guitars on the track 'Do You Know What You Are Saying?'  
 Their fourth album "Night" (2007) showed a departure from the short song format of the previous albums, and instead consists of one long 50-minute conceptual piece, divided into five parts. The album was instantly well-received in prog-circles, topping the Just For Kicks Music sales chart for two weeks after its release. The international press was almost unanimously positive, calling the album "very, very grand art", "nothing short of a masterpiece" and "an incredible album". The album charted in the reader's top 20 at Progwereld for more than a year. Night also did very well in several readers' polls at the end of 2007. The album was voted 9th best album of 2007 by listeners of Polish radio station MLWZ and 8th best album in the Dutch Progressive Rock Page Poll. The album is also in the top 10 of 2007 at Progarchives. 

The band's follow-up for Night, titled "Tick Tock", was released in March 2009 and is garnering rave reviews as the band's best album to date.  The album tells the story of French writer Antoine de Saint-Exupéry's airplane crash in the Sahara Desert and subsequent rescue.  The story is told through exciting and mature music, showing the band's growth from previous albums but maintaining the Gazpacho sound.  The band has since headlined a European tour, including a performance at the prestigious Night of the Prog Festival in Loreley.   
 We are proud to bring this terrific band to North America for the first time for RoSfest 2010. 

GAZPACHO official Website: www.gazpachoworld.com 
GAZPACHO Audio Samples: www.last.fm/music/gazpacho 
GAZPACHO Street Team & Fanclub: www.myspace.com/gazpachostreetteam
Check out the band's bio and MP3 - http://rosfest.com/Performers-2010/Gazpacho.htm 

CHEERS!
George Roldan

Websites I work with:

My profile on Mixcloud:
Windhawk View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 27 2009 at 17:14
RoSfest is pleased to announce our Saturday morning wake up band Ajalon. Seattle based Ajalon is a progressive rock trio with music on the more melodic side of the prog-rock spectrum with solid, song-oriented melodic rock, played with occasional nods to Marillion, Yes, Genesis, & The Moody Blues. The members of Ajalon, Wil Henderson on vocals and guitar, Dan Lile on drums and Randy George on keyboards, bass and guitar, founded the band in 1994 with their first CD release coming just 2 years later through the efforts of Yes Keyboard wizard, Rick Wakeman. Wakeman also appears as a guest soloist on their second CD along with Phil Keaggy and Neal Morse.

Ajalon has just released their third CD called "This Good Place". There are seven songs which will no doubt reinvent the band as we know it. Most will find it quite different from anything the band has done in the past. The performances and the songwriting is much heavier with a great deal of impact. All members of Ajalon are or at one time or another have been part of the acclaimed "Parallels - The Music Of Yes" Tribute band in Seattle. It was here that keyboardist Jonathan Sindelman, guitarist Alan Genatossio and vocalist Robyn Dawn came to be guest musicians on the CD. It was no coincidence that the last four years of learning to play Yes music live, has served the band well on many levels. Together these incredibly talented musicians have brought Ajalon's music to the live stage, and will bring a great performance to the RoSFest on Saturday morning.

Ajalon website - http://ajalon.net/
Ajalon Myspace - http://www.myspace.com/ajalonband
Check out the band's bio and MP3 - http://rosfest.com/Performers-2010/Ajalon.htm

-------------

Bands announced for ROSfest 2010 so far:
Magic Pie - Gazpacho - DeeExpus - Manning - Mystery - Unitopia - Ajalon
Websites I work with:

My profile on Mixcloud:
Windhawk View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2009 at 16:41
Pendragon Announced for Encore Performance at RoSfest 2010

RoSfest is pleased to announce the return of Pendragon as the Friday night headliner for 2010. Since their last performance at RoSfest at the Colonial Theater in 2007, the band has released two DVDs, 2007's "Past & Presence" and 2009's "Concerto Maximo", and a CD called "Pure". The band has toured extensively in support of their latest releases, most recently performing at Summer's End Festival in the UK and the Night of the Prog Festival at Loreley in Germany, as well as opening for Dream Theater in Portugal. Pure received the Classic Rock Society's Album of the Year, and rave reviews from websites across the globe. Look for this veteran band featuring Nick Barrett (Guitar/vocals), Peter Gee (Bass), Clive Nolan (Keyboards), and new drum sensation Scott Higham (Drums) to bring the house down at the Majestic Theater with a stellar performance.

Remember that RoSfest gold seat tickets go on sale this Saturday, November 14th at 12 Noon Eastern time. For more information go to http://rosfest.com/Ticket_Info.htm

Just a quick note, we are really close to signing our Saturday night headliner. This is a band that has never played RoSfest.

Pendragon - official Website: http://www.pendragon.mu/
Pendragon - official Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/toffrecords
Check out the band's bio and MP3 - http://rosfest.com/Performers-2010/Pendragon.htm

-------------

Bands announced for ROSfest 2010 so far:
Magic Pie - Gazpacho - DeeExpus - Manning - Mystery - Unitopia - Ajalon - Von Hertzen Brothers - Pendragon
Websites I work with:

My profile on Mixcloud:
Wilcey View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2009 at 17:02
Clap I am really looking forward to what will my first trip to RoSFest!  So excited!

Wooop Wooop!

Windhawk View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2009 at 21:11
Hoping to see you there then - with a bit of luck me and my wife will attend.
Websites I work with:

My profile on Mixcloud:
Roland113 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2009 at 07:11
Hmm, with the lack of 3RP this year, I may have to give RoSFest some serious consideration.  Thanks for the info. 
-------someone please tell him to delete this line, he looks like a noob-------

I don't have an unnatural obsession with Disney Princesses, I have a fourteen year old daughter and coping mechanisms.
Foxtrottresspass View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2009 at 13:57

Unitopia will be the first Australian band to play RoSFest!

Arriving just in time for their RoSFest 2010 show - Unitopia’s Artificial hits stores in May 2010!

Let the good times rock n' roll!SmileSmileSmile

New website is up !

http://www.unitopiamusic.com/

Special parties and adventures planned!

More info coming soon…..

Edited by Foxtrottresspass - November 17 2009 at 14:07
"I hope that all those that are dear to me, know of all that wasn't clear to me.....one day!

Unitopia
Steve-A View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2009 at 14:38

They're also looking for other venues around the world to tour next year.

If you have any suggestions please contribute to this thread on their forum...

Man Overboard View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 27 2009 at 15:14
If I can swing the pocketbooks just right, Harry Hood and I will try to be in attendance.  Still loving A Matter Of Life And Death, any chance we'll hear Midnight Sail or The Dream?  Big smile
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>