Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Italian Prog Appreciation den

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 316>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
TheH View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Italian Prog Appreciation den
    Posted: March 19 2015 at 13:49
Presence just finished to record a new Album (never thaught of that to happen given Baccinis solo efforts)
(I hope this one will be stronger than "Evil Rose" their overall weakest Album)

L 'Estate di San Martino will have a new album to celebrate their 40th anniversary.
Guy Guden View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guy Guden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2015 at 04:42
Originally posted by Aussie-Byrd-Brother Aussie-Byrd-Brother wrote:

Originally posted by Guy Guden Guy Guden wrote:

[QUOTE=Aussie-Byrd-Brother]OK, does anybody else just adore this album as much as I do?

Played this band on SPACE PIRATE RADIO.  Loved it.  Both albums.  I commend your good taste.

Sadly, Mr Guden, I can only take half that praise! While that first album is very precious to me, I have great difficulty liking the second one! That wailing female vocal really gets under my skin! However, clearly I'm the one with the issues, because everyone else in here seems to love it!

Lucky you getting to see Sensations' Fix and Mr Falsini! My name in here isn't purely for show - I literally am in Australia, which is hardly the hub of prog (Italian or otherwise!) appreciation!

Please my friend, you deserve full credit.  I understand your preference of the first album over the second.  What I need to share is the luxury of having had a radio show:  One can pick and choose.  Taking this song from here... and mixing it with this one from there.  I have many, many, many albums by artists that are hard to listen in their entirety.  But if selections are made and segues created, some marvelous musical moments are created. 

Franco's concerts were quickly put together and alas, clash in previous scheduling of Magma.  This will probably be the second time in a year span that I will be unable to attend.  So Cry I share.

My best to you in Australia. 
TheH View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2015 at 08:20
New Banco studio Album in the making. (called Orlando)

Band says that they have about 3 hours of recorded material and 4 opera acts (whatever that means)

Edited by TheH - March 18 2015 at 08:20
Aussie-Byrd-Brother View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Rock Progressivo Italiano Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie-Byrd-Brother Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2015 at 05:28
Originally posted by Guy Guden Guy Guden wrote:

[QUOTE=Aussie-Byrd-Brother]OK, does anybody else just adore this album as much as I do?

Played this band on SPACE PIRATE RADIO.  Loved it.  Both albums.  I commend your good taste.

Sadly, Mr Guden, I can only take half that praise! While that first album is very precious to me, I have great difficulty liking the second one! That wailing female vocal really gets under my skin! However, clearly I'm the one with the issues, because everyone else in here seems to love it!

Lucky you getting to see Sensations' Fix and Mr Falsini! My name in here isn't purely for show - I literally am in Australia, which is hardly the hub of prog (Italian or otherwise!) appreciation!

Edited by Aussie-Byrd-Brother - March 18 2015 at 05:28
Guy Guden View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guy Guden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2015 at 04:54
Has everybody heard that Franco Falsini and Sensations' Fix are playing the US again in April?
Guy Guden View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guy Guden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2015 at 04:48

Edited by Guy Guden - March 18 2015 at 04:51
TheH View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2015 at 12:42
Originally posted by andrea andrea wrote:

Il Mucchio come back:

Cool, Keep them coming..

Comeback by Baffo Banfi

TheH View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2015 at 12:40
Originally posted by Raff Raff wrote:

Breaking news: Franco Mussida has left PFM because he's too busy with his activity of musical researcher and president of CPM Music Institute. The split seems to have been 100% amicable, but still he will be missed. I was lucky to see him with PFM at NEARfest 2009, when they delivered an absolutely stellar performance.

That makes me kind of sad....
Raff View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2015 at 12:35
Breaking news: Franco Mussida has left PFM because he's too busy with his activity of musical researcher and president of CPM Music Institute. The split seems to have been 100% amicable, but still he will be missed. I was lucky to see him with PFM at NEARfest 2009, when they delivered an absolutely stellar performance.
andrea View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andrea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2015 at 11:38
Il Mucchio come back:

geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geekfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2015 at 02:40
well I`ve been on an epic amazing listening pleasure of Italian Prog. why oh why not sooner............Clap 
what did you say?
MELLOTRON/HAMMOND/SYNTHESISERS PORG FOREVER...
this lifecycle SUCKS...
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie-Byrd-Brother Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2015 at 07:11
Hahaha, H, the album that keeps coming back to haunt us!

But the question is...is the music any good?

Listening to this clip, some of it does sound quite interesting in little moments:

Regretfully, I now also see that they don't appear to be wearing shorts, rather...paint?!

Edited by Aussie-Byrd-Brother - March 12 2015 at 07:17
TheH View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2015 at 06:49
LaPera - L'acqua purificatrice  will be rereleased by AMS (BTF) at the end of the month.

Possibly the Album with the worst cover ever...
andrea View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andrea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2015 at 10:25
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5dLHhgDkxM&feature=youtu.be

Edited by andrea - March 05 2015 at 10:26
hellogoodbye View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hellogoodbye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2015 at 16:49
Pleasant surprises come always from Italy Big smile
coasterzombie View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coasterzombie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2015 at 16:44
The entire Futuro Antico album is streaming over here:
http://blacksweat.bandcamp.com/album/futuro-antico-dai-primitivi-allelettronica

Sounds like a must have!
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie-Byrd-Brother Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2015 at 16:38
"drone synth and ancient flutes"?! Damn, Pierre, sounds like the bees knees to me! Thanks for the information! Are you going to order this yourself?
hellogoodbye View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hellogoodbye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2015 at 16:19

FUTURO ANTICO
Futuro Antico

LABEL: Black Sweat Records
GENRE: Electronic    FORMAT: CD | CATALOG N. BS010-CD | YEAR. (2014)

Finally repressed on CD this obscure gem of the italian project Futuro Antico, released just on tape in 1980, this record contains the hypnotic session ofWalter Maioli (Aktuala) and Riccardo Sinigaglia. Analog and warm sounds, a perfect mix of drone synth and ancient flutes (found in oriental countries) gives you the idea to fly on a spaceship towards some exotic sites. This recor terribly remember the astonishing live Köln jam of Terry Riley and Don Cherry, the comparison fits! Limited edition of 300 copies, this reissue maintains the first tape artwork + info and photos in the inner.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgrPebpJeLA

Finnforest View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Finnforest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2015 at 20:43
Thomas I hear you about Prowlers......and RanestRane is another decent band who gets relatively little buzz. 

I never had the Foglie album....but I'm checking out the videos on their webpage and it is nice!Smile
Oh how we've fallen

tszirmay View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tszirmay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2015 at 20:11
A fantastic one shot wonder from 1996. Any fans? 
"The more I analyze the human race, the more I love my dog" Mme de Stael
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 316>
  Share Topic