Progarchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum SearchSearch  Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

The Italian Prog Appreciation den

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 285>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
hellogoodbye View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote hellogoodbye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Italian Prog Appreciation den
    Posted: Today at 04:01
Yes. The first half LOL
Sagichim View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Eclectic Prog Team

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sagichim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Today at 03:25
^ It's hard to pick a top ten but I agree it's one of the best.

After finally getting into Dolce Acqua (which was easy) I also got their second album Lo Scemo E Il Villaggio, after two spins it sounds pretty good, especially the first half. Do you know that one Pierre?

"One good thing about music, when it hits you feel no pain.."
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote hellogoodbye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Today at 02:10

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwIUpX0AhuM

One of my top ten.
progbethyname View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote progbethyname Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 07:15
Originally posted by AEProgman

Thanks Michael for Delirium '71-'75' suggestion, I know I wanted more from them and now I know what to get!

Excellent review by Todd as that is good news to hear of Latte's latest work of that masterpiece.  I listened to the original one yesterday on Good Friday.  Quite reflective moment for me.

On that note, Happy Easter to all the den mates!

And to you as well. Also, I've heard a ton of great things about Delirium. A band that I certainly need to check out as well.
Always happy to take some pointers.
Over many years exploring the world of Dark-Gothic Progressive Rock/Metal has been an unbelievably great experience. Colour me Goth all over! I'm hooked.
progbethyname View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote progbethyname Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 07:13
Originally posted by Todd

I wanted to share this with the Denizens--please find this album! Not quite as amazing as the original, but wonderful in its own right.

Nice little history lesson too! Thanks a bunch. Sounds intriguing as well as a strong comeback!
Love it when bands return in epic fashion.
Over many years exploring the world of Dark-Gothic Progressive Rock/Metal has been an unbelievably great experience. Colour me Goth all over! I'm hooked.
AEProgman View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote AEProgman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2014 at 09:36
Thanks Michael for Delirium '71-'75' suggestion, I know I wanted more from them and now I know what to get!

Excellent review by Todd as that is good news to hear of Latte's latest work of that masterpiece.  I listened to the original one yesterday on Good Friday.  Quite reflective moment for me.

On that note, Happy Easter to all the den mates!
Sagichim View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Eclectic Prog Team

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sagichim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2014 at 10:11
No. But Maybe eventually they would.

Finnforest View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Finnforest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2014 at 10:03
Did they release that on DVD?  They should...it looks like they have good footage on YT
Blessed Easter to you and yours...

Sagichim View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Eclectic Prog Team

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sagichim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2014 at 09:58
Well of course I bought that one Jim! Maxophone's album is my all time favorite Italian album. This live show is good but can't really top the studio version since it lacks all the wind instruments, but nice to see they are in good shape.
In that video you posted I like how they moved the ending part to the beginning, very nicely done.

Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Finnforest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2014 at 09:39
Never been my favorite band but this live disc should be a must for Maxophone fans.  Looks nice.

Aussie-Byrd-Brother View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Rock Progressivo Italiano Team

Post Options Post Options   Quote Aussie-Byrd-Brother Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2014 at 19:38
Great review, Todd, I've got that version on the way as well, along with a jam packed package from Greg Walker....and I'm sure his next newsletter update is due any day now!

Jim/AEP, I adore that most recent Delirium album as well, in fact it was the very first album of theirs I bought! I then quickly raced backwards and bought all their earlier ones. You can actually get a double CD collection called `Delirium '71-'75' ' that compiles their complete early three albums as well as several singles/B-sides. Their debut album has become very special to me, I reviewed it not too long ago. If I'm feeling uninspired and can't settle on an album to listen to, I fall back on that one most times and still love it to bits
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Finnforest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2014 at 18:41
Ain't that the truth.  I need to hear that album again...and maybe the new one tooViolin

Todd View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Rock Progressivo Italiano!

Post Options Post Options   Quote Todd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2014 at 18:08
Jim, I always think of you when I listen to the 1972 album, knowing how much you love it. I know you'd love this one, too.

And the subject couldn't be grander!! Smile Hug
"A good album should always be much more about questions than answers." Bill Bruford

My Gnosis Ratings
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Finnforest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2014 at 18:05
Really nice review my friendSmile

Todd View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Todd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2014 at 18:00
^ Mine too, Pierre. One of the 5 star masterpieces! It is Greg Walker's favorite album of all time, incidentally.
"A good album should always be much more about questions than answers." Bill Bruford

My Gnosis Ratings
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote hellogoodbye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2014 at 17:56
One of my fav RPI's albums, Todd. Really curious of that new version Thanks !
Todd View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Todd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2014 at 17:30
I wanted to share this with the Denizens--please find this album! Not quite as amazing as the original, but wonderful in its own right.

My Gnosis Ratings
AEProgman View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote AEProgman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2014 at 19:31

Some good posts since the last time I logged in, enjoyed The H's  Il Tempio delle Clessidre soothing track and Latte Miele Thumbs Up.  Have not had a chance yet to check out Pierre's Wara link yet, sounds promising!

Good to see our lady Kati in the house again with a fine selection!

Right now I am in Eargasm delight, went on a minor splurge today with Delirium's Il nome del vento, what a special blend of instruments with a great jazz flavor, excellent!  Read a view reviews of it while listening, Jim's review smacked it out of the ballpark, great one. As well as Andrea's review!

Also got this lovely album today, although I have not heard much in the den regarding Hostsonaten, very good intrumental!

Edited by AEProgman - April 15 2014 at 21:57
Sagichim View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Eclectic Prog Team

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sagichim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2014 at 01:39
Well as I already said, anyone who loves Biglietto Per L'inferno can't go wrong with the Biglietto Per L'inferno.folk album. I usually don't like to listen to modern versions of old songs when they are exactly the same, but here the instrumentation is different (much more varied) so it sounds completely new and fresh. Beautiful stuff!

Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Finnforest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2014 at 19:02
Originally posted by Kati

I love this track and this one I must dedicate to Finnforest :) Biglietto Per L'Inferno - Ansia (1974) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uodpRO4vRI

Hi Kati!  Nice to see you again....It isn't often that lovely women are dedicating songs to an old crab like myself....so I queued this song up immediately!  Big smile I listen here in my den hiding from the chilly winds howling in Minnesota.  Spring my ass.  It's cold out there! 

Thank you for the warm Biglietto track, an album that was one of the earliest I heard during my initial RPI binge-drinking session many years back.  When I hear those albums again it is very sweet memories indeed!

Grazie Kati!!!  Hug

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 285>