Progarchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum SearchSearch  Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

The Italian Prog Appreciation den

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 302>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Todd View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Rock Progressivo Italiano!

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Todd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Italian Prog Appreciation den
    Posted: Today at 14:41
Michael, Sognando is a worthy effort, and Grande Casa is very good too, though more poppy as H said. The first two are psych--I rarely listen to them. But if you like psych they are on the good side of psych. By the way, Sognando is on Greg's list of all time best albums. I don't rate it as high as he does, but to me it's a good 4 star album, Grande Casa about 3.5. 

When I ripped Sognando to my computer, I used the Brazilian cover instead of the horrible Italian one.
"A good album should always be much more about questions than answers." Bill Bruford

My Gnosis Ratings
Aussie-Byrd-Brother View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Rock Progressivo Italiano Team

Post Options Post Options   Quote Aussie-Byrd-Brother Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Today at 00:17
Thanks, mate, I think I might give them a miss, or see if there's any clips of Youtube to get an idea what they sound like. Cheers all the same!
Sagichim View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Eclectic Prog Team

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sagichim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Today at 00:02
Ok, Other than Sognando I know La Grande Casa which also has its moments but nothing's special. I'm not sure that's a band who's worth checking their whole albums.
"One good thing about music, when it hits you feel no pain.."
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Aussie-Byrd-Brother Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 23:43
Thanks, Sagi! I was actually referring to all four of the Formula 3 albums listed! I was planning on just diving in if enough of you guys think it's a good idea, but I wonder if there's better albums I should consider over them.

Oh, I knew you'd rate the Libra one!
Sagichim View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Eclectic Prog Team

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sagichim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 23:34
Originally posted by Aussie-Byrd-Brother

Guys, on this list, would you recommend the Formula 3 albums?

This is one band I've never heard any of.
I can definitely recommend this album Michael, not a masterpiece in any way but certainly deserves a place in any RPI collector's collection like yourself.
I think the album has a great flow and there's much to enjoy there, as I said I can recommend many albums before that one but you already know all of them LOL And yes horrible cover.

But I would get that Libra album before! Heart
"One good thing about music, when it hits you feel no pain.."
hellogoodbye View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote hellogoodbye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 15:25
No, but it must be something Smile
TheH View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote TheH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 14:41
^^

Did you ever hear the Disco Remix of the Formula 3 Version?
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote hellogoodbye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 12:16
I think that it's because I love Battisti and hate the Formula 3 's cover. 
TheH View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote TheH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 10:20
Most of the Formula 3 stuff is a bit on the Pop side.

Sognando is the only Album really worth checking out from the Prog
Point of view. I would say it's heavy Psych Prog, but I can understand why Hellogoodbye doesn't like it. (I really like it.)
Rednight View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Rednight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 10:02
Originally posted by hellogoodbye

<span style="line-height: 14.3999996185303px;">Most like Sognando .. I don't. There are good moments and my japanese album has a fantastic sound. It just doesn't work.</span><div style="line-height: 14.3999996185303px;"><div style="line-height: 14.3999996185303px;">My fav is "La Gande Casa" : More humble. Great acoustic guitar. Great ballads. Love the singer. 

I agree. There's that one song though that sounds like two cats fighting on top of an alley fence. Screechingly awful.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote hellogoodbye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 08:04
Most like Sognando .. I don't. There are good moments and my japanese album has a fantastic sound. It just doesn't work.

My fav is "La Gande Casa" : More humble. Great acoustic guitar. Great ballads. Love the singer. 
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Aussie-Byrd-Brother Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 07:35
Guys, on this list, would you recommend the Formula 3 albums?

This is one band I've never heard any of.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Aussie-Byrd-Brother Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2014 at 22:53
I thought you might, Pierre!

I have several, but I plan of filling in a few gaps in my collection with some of the above titles! Very happy to see that Roberto Colombo and first Il Vovo album show up!
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote hellogoodbye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2014 at 22:37
Thanks. I have all of this, almost. Hope there will be more. Tongue
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Aussie-Byrd-Brother Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2014 at 22:34
I was having the same trouble, Pierre!

The best I could do was look at the big pictrue that TheH posted, which is here again! :

Some I recognize, others not so much!
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote hellogoodbye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2014 at 22:26
Michael, do you have a link for the entire list of the  CD's at 8.99 euros ? Not very clear on BTF. Thanks. 
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Aussie-Byrd-Brother Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2014 at 06:03
No problem about the Locus album, H! Todd helped out with that one, so much credit goes to him!

Cool to see the love for the latest Syndone album! I've been really enjoying it, but seeing the positive response some of you guys in here and elsewhere on the Archives had towards it encouraged me to whip up a favourable review!

Oh man, looking at all those 70's RPI reissues about to hit, I can see about 20 I want to snap up! My aching wallet!
Rednight View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Rednight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2014 at 12:07
No thanks. I only smoke cigars on camping trips.
TheH View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote TheH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2014 at 13:22
Luca Scherani (Höstsonaten,Finistere etc.) has reformed Trama his band from the late 90s.(the band also features La Coscienza di Zeno, Not a good Sign bass Player)

Höstsonaten's The Rime of.. Chapter II is in the work.

Luca will also be on the Periplo album out next week (with Paolo Tixi TdC)

And thanx to ABB for the Review of Locus Amoenus. They somehow escaped me before. Great band!

Edited by TheH - September 17 2014 at 13:26
TheH View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote TheH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2014 at 12:46
^^
Awesome Album, far better than their earlier ones.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 302>