Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Italian Prog Appreciation den

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 214215216217218 358>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
hellogoodbye View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hellogoodbye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 24 2012 at 08:59
Me too, Z. It doesn't matter if it's more a compilation of singles than a real album. Viva Battisti !
dreadpirateroberts View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dreadpirateroberts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 24 2012 at 08:29
Originally posted by hellogoodbye hellogoodbye wrote:

Nobody is really interested by this Battisti's album and it's a shame. It contains excellent songs.

I agree, I love this one too :)
Especially Pensieri e parole & Insieme a te sto bene

We are men of action. Lies do not become us.
JazzMusicArchives.
andrea View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andrea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 24 2012 at 07:39
Originally posted by Aussie-Byrd-Brother Aussie-Byrd-Brother wrote:

Really nice jazz fusion album from 2011, with special guest Richard Sinclair.

Pierre, that album is a total KNOCKOUT!!!! Love it to bits!! From the first listen I knew it was special!

Is the previous album from them just as good? :)

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hellogoodbye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 24 2012 at 06:05
Nobody is really interested by this Battisti's album and it's a shame. It contains excellent songs.

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hellogoodbye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 24 2012 at 03:53
Sounds a little bit like this bizzare album of the beginning of the eighties

Guldbamsen View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 24 2012 at 03:52
I don't know - I am fairly content with the vinyl I haveTongue
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hellogoodbye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 24 2012 at 03:47
Yes ! I love it. A mix of Kraut, soundtracks and many other stuffs. Always funny. But no CD I think.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 24 2012 at 03:41
Hey Pierre.

Do you know this one:
Very experimental and imo very close to Krautrock in some places. Goes without saying that I really dig itBig smile
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hellogoodbye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 24 2012 at 03:19
Infine si parla la lingua della squadra. Prodigioso, meraviglioso, incomparale !
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 24 2012 at 03:16
Spaghetti!!!!!!!! 

Parmegiano incredible e un molto buono electronique album!

Edited by Guldbamsen - November 24 2012 at 03:16

- Douglas Adams
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hellogoodbye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 24 2012 at 03:11
Hai ragione, David. Leprino θ un tesoro inestimabile.

Duckino.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 24 2012 at 03:07
No problem mate. I hope you enjoy them.

- Douglas Adams
Aussie-Byrd-Brother View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie-Byrd-Brother Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 24 2012 at 03:05
Hmmm, so they're Italian related AND electronic....I LOVE IT!

I'll give them a listen, Dave, thank you, your descriptions of them sound very interesting! I'll get back to you once I've given them a spin!

Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 24 2012 at 02:58

Originally posted by Guldbamsen Guldbamsen wrote:

Sigh.....Now we're going to hear one of those `I'm one of those EARLY fans who've liked them for years, before they became popular....' speeches, right, Dave?!

It's OK, I think you get three of those....use them wisely!

I'm one of those EARLY fans who've liked them for years, before they became popular.....

That's it, I'm keeping score.....one down!

By the way, make sure you say it with a pompous, entitled mocking sort of tone for full effect!!

I thought I did thatBig smile
Aaaaaaaanyway and all kidding aside, I was listening to some obscure, and rather unfairly obscured releases at that, a couple of days ago, and they got me thinking about my mate from down under. Furthermore, both of these albums are from Italy, so they fit in around here like a tranny at a papal inauguration.

Firstly, this one:
Whoops, sorry for the huge pic! 
Franco Leprino's Integrati.....Disintegrati. A bonafide masterpiece of electronic music, if you ask me. Here's the whole album for you:

And secondly:

Both these albums feature a clear imaginative inspiration drawn from the early German pioneers, but they've got much more under their belts. Personally I hear a lot of the same stuff that fuelled the RPI 'genre' and the folky bands. Classic guitar arpeggios and romantic bittersweet piano orchestrations, all of which fit perfectly within the progressive electronic sphere. If you ever come across either of these albums Michael, please don't hesitateWink

Edited by Guldbamsen - November 24 2012 at 02:58

- Douglas Adams
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie-Byrd-Brother Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 24 2012 at 02:34
Originally posted by Guldbamsen Guldbamsen wrote:

Sigh.....Now we're going to hear one of those `I'm one of those EARLY fans who've liked them for years, before they became popular....' speeches, right, Dave?!

I'm one of those EARLY fans who've liked them for years, before they became popular.....

That's it, I'm keeping score.....one down!

By the way, make sure you say it with a pompous, entitled mocking sort of tone for full effect!!
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 24 2012 at 02:30

- Douglas Adams
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie-Byrd-Brother Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 24 2012 at 02:16

Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 24 2012 at 02:13
Hey Ho Michael and Pierre! The first album is just as good. One should preferably have bought it, back when it was released(like some of us ahem....), because it is fairly pricey at the moment. Still, it's a very cool record and worth grabbing a hold of imo.

- Douglas Adams
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 24 2012 at 02:10

Really nice jazz fusion album from 2011, with special guest Richard Sinclair.

Love this one! Proof that the Canterbury trades still are alive and kicking. Not only because of the involvement of Monsieur Sinclair, but the whole vibe of the thing oozes Canterbury to these ears.

- Douglas Adams
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hellogoodbye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 24 2012 at 02:08
You should like this one too :

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 214215216217218 358>