Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Italian Prog Appreciation den

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 184185186187188 358>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Rivertree View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Band Submissions

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rivertree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2013 at 07:19
Athene Noctua
please tell me what do you think about this band?
they have produced one EP, which can be purchased via Itunes and Amazon
I hear a a blend of psych, art rock and fusion (Pat Metheny)

Edited by Rivertree - January 20 2013 at 07:23

Aussie-Byrd-Brother View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie-Byrd-Brother Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2013 at 07:26
River, the RPI team discussed them a little while back, I don't recall where it was suggested they belong to, I know they weren't a fit for proper RPI, if I recall it was psychedelic? Maybe Jim has a better memory than me and can offer you a better answer!

But I remember hearing some of their tracks and finding them a superb instrumental band, lots of energy and tasteful playing, lots of psych mixed into their sound! Great band!
Sagichim View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sagichim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2013 at 07:43
Originally posted by Aussie-Byrd-Brother Aussie-Byrd-Brother wrote:

Hey there Sagi! Has your `Strave' shown up yet?!

I was listening to it today, it's really nice! Just very tasteful, dependable RPI! I'm not sure if Youtube has all the tracks posted, but I'm going to buy this in the next few days. Really lovely Italian prog to chill out too!

Not yet man! thanks!
My brother should be landing here in wednesday and when he double checked he saw he has not one, not two but three Bringolf cds. He said they were really good but he already moved away from this music 15 years ago, so the cds are mine now! Big smile

Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie-Byrd-Brother Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2013 at 07:58
Oh, SCORE!!! Well done, I hope you like the one I've got, and then I'll be anxiously awaiting your opinion to see if you think I should snap up those other two! Oh, and enjoy your brother's visit too!

I actually inherited a stack of prog/jazz-fusion albums from an ex-girlfriend's Dad many years ago. When I started going out with her, I came across all his unloved vinyl, and he said I could take it all, as he'd moved on to punk and he hadn't thought of those albums in years! Nice little additions to my collection there. The first one I recall was Mahavishnu Orchestra's `Between Nothingness and Eternity'?

He also gave me the sweetest psychedelic shirt, I worshipped that thing! Still got in somewhere, but I couldn't wear it these days, that was be a bit dismal!

There's an old pic of me in the recent last few pages of the `Rogues Galllery' thread from that time with my long hair.....rapidly vanishing now!
Rivertree View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Band Submissions

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rivertree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2013 at 08:18
Originally posted by Aussie-Byrd-Brother Aussie-Byrd-Brother wrote:

River, the RPI team discussed them a little while back, I don't recall where it was suggested they belong to, I know they weren't a fit for proper RPI, if I recall it was psychedelic? Maybe Jim has a better memory than me and can offer you a better answer!

But I remember hearing some of their tracks and finding them a superb instrumental band, lots of energy and tasteful playing, lots of psych mixed into their sound! Great band!

Thanks Michael, maybe it was me who suggested them to your team, though I can't remember
Good band, yes, they are hard to classify ... the psych team will check them too - let's hope there's not some ping pong effect occuring

Finnforest View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Finnforest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2013 at 08:28
Uwe, a search yields no clue that we've eval'd them.  If you want to propose to us, post in our team thread.  But one at a time please, if Psych is doing an eval then have them finish first. 

Also, we like to see two releases before an eval.  One EP is a bit thin in the resume department.  But suggest them in the team thread if they are not approved in Psych, then we'll take a look.  Thanks!Smile

Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie-Byrd-Brother Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2013 at 08:32
Thanks, Jim. I know they were definately mentioned on Andrea's Blog thread, where (I think) you suggested they might be a fit for psych? Someone did at least.

What I recall of them, they were a fantastic instrumental/psych band, but not much at all to link it to RPI for us though. Definately a home waits for them on the Archives somewhere soon!
hellogoodbye View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hellogoodbye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2013 at 09:40
A singer song album I like very much. A present from Andrea. Heart

Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Finnforest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2013 at 10:44
Introducing CONDOR, new site addition!Big smile

http://www.progarchives.com/artist.asp?id=7834

Good stuff, my thanks to the band for their information and photo. 

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hellogoodbye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2013 at 11:00
Nice add, Audrey Clap
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Finnforest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2013 at 15:46
CONDOR:

Since we can only have one band photo on our artist page, here are a couple more shots the band sent me, which I wanted to share.  The first is at Titania Studios in Rome where the album was recorded. 

Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie-Byrd-Brother Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2013 at 16:41
Man, the Condor band really came through for you on that one, Jim!!

Your review was great, the bio was great, everything really came together!

I bet the members feel very excited and humbled to be included on this site now.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Finnforest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2013 at 17:26
Thanks! 

They seemed genuinely surprised that people were interested in their old album.  I think they were very happy.  Best part of this gig for me is making sure these smaller bands get a little thanks and appreciation for their music.  That's the single biggest reason I keep at this job, acknowledging those minor gems and lost classics......

Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie-Byrd-Brother Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2013 at 17:51
I know what you mean, Jim, the reason I started reviewing in the first place was to try and bring just the smallest bit of exposure to some unknown or lost gems that I've had for years that seem to have been forgotten or ignored!

From a purely egotistical point-of-view, it's also very satisfying to see a review you wrote being the one solitary piece on it, taking up all the limelight!

I kid, my intentions are genuine and pure, I just really like giving a nudge to an album/artist that deserves a bit of recognition!
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Finnforest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2013 at 17:54
I hear ya man.....and thanks for the Airplane track....that was fabulous.  I must get that.  Big smile

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hellogoodbye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2013 at 18:34
From a Duck to a Condor Clap

Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Finnforest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2013 at 12:25
Smile

timothy leary View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timothy leary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2013 at 12:56

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hellogoodbye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2013 at 13:23
Jim and Timothy, you make my folk heart sing  Hug 

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hellogoodbye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2013 at 13:29
Loy & Altomare : Portobello. 1973. I think this one is available in CD.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 184185186187188 358>