Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Italian Prog Appreciation den

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 194195196197198 358>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
hellogoodbye View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hellogoodbye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2013 at 03:02
Welcome Zomb, maybe you'll like this one. Not so far from LDF.

dreadpirateroberts View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dreadpirateroberts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2013 at 04:18
Originally posted by hellogoodbye hellogoodbye wrote:

Love that song, Z.Thumbs Up
I can recommend you the two ROBERTO COLOMBO'S albums. Can't stop listenning to them !

Added to my list!

Thanks for the recomendation, appreciate it Smile

Tried to find that Leo Nero album while I was in Italy too, and I couldn't get a hold of it, gonna have to order it the hard way!
We are men of action. Lies do not become us.
JazzMusicArchives.
Aussie-Byrd-Brother View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie-Byrd-Brother Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2013 at 11:10
Glad to see you make the jump, Kyle!

Pierre, gave a listen to that Laser album on the way home from work yesterday morning, very impressed! Like a bizarre mix of boisterous pop and fuzzy R&B, good use of male and female vocals! It's got a very addictive energy to it as well! I'll keep at it, and I'm sure I'll come to love it even more after a few proper spins. I bought the recent BTF Mini LP reissue.

Currently at work now listening to Italian RIO band Yugen's new live album `Mirrors'.....I really don't know what to think of it, it's very fragmented and all over the place, not much in the way of cohesion so far!

Anyone else heard it and can offer some thoughts?
Finnforest View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Finnforest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2013 at 11:18
Originally posted by hellogoodbye hellogoodbye wrote:

Sag, I'm listening to Allegri Leproti right now. Imagine some kind of Zappa's jazzy composition played  by Genfuoco with some guests musicians from Zauber and Alphataurus just coming back from a dinner with Opus Avantra and Pierrot Lunaire. Smile 

GREAT description Pierre!!   Clap   We gotta get people into this title, they'll love it. 

Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie-Byrd-Brother Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2013 at 11:21
Jim, I looked into that Allegri Leprotti album based on your terrific review!

Hmmm, a vendor on Amazon has a copy for $20, should I take the plunge? :)
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Finnforest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2013 at 11:22
KYLE!!    Hug

I've been trying to coax Kyle to emerge from lurker mode for awhile now, very happy to see you man!  Your reviews are some of my favorites of late.  A very hearty welcome to you.  

Beer

Edited by Finnforest - February 23 2013 at 11:22

Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Finnforest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2013 at 11:25
Originally posted by Aussie-Byrd-Brother Aussie-Byrd-Brother wrote:

Jim, I looked into that Allegri Leprotti album based on your terrific review!

Hmmm, a vendor on Amazon has a copy for $20, should I take the plunge? :)

Michael, if you are into the Avantra/Lunaire type stuff, but in a more modern, aggressive package, I do think you would like it.  I wonder, is it out of print?  If it is out of print, I would grab one while you can.

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hellogoodbye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2013 at 11:29
Go for It, man !!!!

TheH View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2013 at 11:58
Cool new instrumental band:

coasterzombie View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coasterzombie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2013 at 13:21
Thanks for the welcome, guys.  Feels like home already  Handshake
coasterzombie View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coasterzombie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2013 at 15:44
Anyone heard this one?

Claudio Dentes - Pantarei

Probably belongs under Progressive Electronic but I thought you guys might dig it!

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hellogoodbye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2013 at 16:12
Yes, Kyle, it's on Vol 5 of the Progressive Italia Boxset. Just listenned to it once. Here I go again. Thanks for reminding me. Clap
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie-Byrd-Brother Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2013 at 16:26
Oh, Kyle/Pierre, now you want me to snap up that vol 5 as well!

I've got volume 2, which was probably worth it alone for the superb `Sensations' Fix - Finest Finger' - what a stunner!! A mixed bag of albums other than that in the set!

I know so many people think it's a total classic...but I STILL can't quite enjoy that Locanda Del Fate album....I've tried for years! I love the first instrumental track so much, but the vocals and arrangements are just a little TOO pretty and sweet...Does anyone else feel that way lol?!
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hellogoodbye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2013 at 16:35
Michael, we all have our black sheep. For me it's De de lind Confused 
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie-Byrd-Brother Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2013 at 16:49
Pierre, NO!! Oh, that's a bit of a favourite of mine!!

You know, I'd secretly love to organise in the Den here an RPI Anonymous recovery group, where we all confess our `Black Sheep' RPI albums, as you put it! :)

Ok, people - SPILL IT! CONFESS! No judgement here! What happens in the Den stays in the Den!
AEProgman View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AEProgman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2013 at 21:13
Originally posted by TheH TheH wrote:

Cool new instrumental band:

Enjoyed that TheH! Clap
AEProgman View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AEProgman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2013 at 21:21
Originally posted by Aussie-Byrd-Brother Aussie-Byrd-Brother wrote:

Pierre, NO!! Oh, that's a bit of a favourite of mine!!

You know, I'd secretly love to organise in the Den here an RPI Anonymous recovery group, where we all confess our `Black Sheep' RPI albums, as you put it! :)

Ok, people - SPILL IT! CONFESS! No judgement here! What happens in the Den stays in the Den!
Hi, I am Jim, I am am a RPI semi-newbie junkie, my black sheep is anything by PFM.  There stuff (that I have heard thus far) can do no wrong...I have been off of PFM for 5 days as of this moment.....Thank you!
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Finnforest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2013 at 21:29
Black sheep pics?  

Here's something to check out.....

http://www.last.fm/music/Assenzio/%27Avon

AEProgman View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AEProgman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2013 at 21:31
Originally posted by coasterzombie coasterzombie wrote:

Thanks for the welcome, guys.  Feels like home already  Handshake

Mr. Zombie

I have read a number of your reviews and have enjoyed them...Smile.  I am a semi-newbie in these RPI waters for a few months and love any new input and also extend my welcome to you!

Edited by AEProgman - February 24 2013 at 05:42
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Finnforest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2013 at 22:01
Mellow Records rarity

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 194195196197198 358>