Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Italian Prog Appreciation den

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 206207208209210 358>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
hellogoodbye View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hellogoodbye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 01 2013 at 03:21
Second Nini Carucci's album. (1973). Nice with strong arrangements

Sagichim View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sagichim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 01 2013 at 04:14
Clap Another great find. Never heard of him before.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hellogoodbye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 01 2013 at 04:37
There are two albums on Mats Site.
dr prog View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr prog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 01 2013 at 06:48
Ennio morricone would be up there. Plenty of prog related stuff
All I like is prog related bands beginning late 60's/early 70's. Their music from 1968 - 83 has the composition and sound which will never be beaten. Perfect blend of jazz, classical, folk and rock.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hellogoodbye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 01 2013 at 06:52
I've suggested Morricone hundred times here, but it doesn't seem to be the glass of Tonguechianti of the den.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hellogoodbye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2013 at 00:43
Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Ozric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2013 at 02:11
I love R.P.I. (who doesn't ??) - for me, I can sum it up in 3 words - UOMO DI PEZZA !!!!
Aussie-Byrd-Brother View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie-Byrd-Brother Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2013 at 02:26
Tom, have you heard `Osanna - Landscape of Life'? I picked that up about a week ago, be good to know what you think?
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hellogoodbye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2013 at 02:38
Tom, I can sum up RPI in three letters : RPI  Wink
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hellogoodbye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2013 at 02:50
Phonetically, the english pronunciation of RPI means in French : HARPIE AIL. (HARPY GARLIC)

Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Ozric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2013 at 02:57
Originally posted by Aussie-Byrd-Brother Aussie-Byrd-Brother wrote:

Tom, have you heard `Osanna - Landscape of Life'? I picked that up about a week ago, be good to know what you think?
I've had a Japanese pressing for years. I think it's very good, especially the 'castello delle es' opening track.  There's a bit of VDGG with the saxes !!  Most of my love still goes to 'Palepoli'.
Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Ozric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2013 at 02:59
Originally posted by hellogoodbye hellogoodbye wrote:

Yes, well monsieur, that is correct.  But by jingo, that Uomo di Pezza blows me out every time.  Felona is no slouch either.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hellogoodbye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2013 at 03:29
I prefer Uomo, too. The songs are terrific. Italians know how to compose beautiful songs. That's the big diffrence for me between RPI and progressive rock. from other countries
AEProgman View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AEProgman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2013 at 14:53
Originally posted by Finnforest Finnforest wrote:

^^That's a great one Jim.....I think it was one of the first RPI titles I ever got......along with QVL, Metamorfosi, Festa Mobile, Balletto, Campo Marte, Cervello.....all of them were in my early discoveries
It was my 8th or 9th pick up.  I have a couple that you mentioned here and Campo di Marte is on my list, but I don't think I recall seeing the Cervello name before, I will have to check into that one...thanks!

PS - I always look forward to your Avatar photo choices Smile
AEProgman View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AEProgman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2013 at 15:03
Originally posted by Tom Ozric Tom Ozric wrote:

Originally posted by hellogoodbye hellogoodbye wrote:

Yes, well monsieur, that is correct.  But by jingo, that Uomo di Pezza blows me out every time.  Felona is no slouch either.
How coincidental, had a few days off and just yesterday while sitting in a field burning a pile of brush, I listened to Uomo.  Awesome while watching the smoke drift through the grasses and woods......just one of those moments I guess. 

Pierre...that is one angry garlic LOL
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hellogoodbye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2013 at 15:24
Cervello is a gem, Jim, one of the best, or maybe the best.

Todd View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
RPI / Heavy Prog Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Todd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2013 at 15:33
Greg Walker at Synphonic now has the new album by Il Babau e i Maleditti Cretini. It is as good as their first, and the packaging is simply extraordinary, containing a beautiful booklet that depicts the Poe story the music is based on. It is short, like many great 70s RPI albums, but it is well worth the money, time, and effort.

I need to add it to the site... perhaps tomorrow.

"I have seen the broken sky turn blue."

My Gnosis Ratings

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hellogoodbye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2013 at 16:12
Hum. This must be swing Hector Berlioz in his grave.Smile
Finnforest View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Finnforest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2013 at 16:16
Originally posted by AEProgman AEProgman wrote:

Originally posted by Finnforest Finnforest wrote:

^^That's a great one Jim.....I think it was one of the first RPI titles I ever got......along with QVL, Metamorfosi, Festa Mobile, Balletto, Campo Marte, Cervello.....all of them were in my early discoveries
It was my 8th or 9th pick up.  I have a couple that you mentioned here and Campo di Marte is on my list, but I don't think I recall seeing the Cervello name before, I will have to check into that one...thanks!

PS - I always look forward to your Avatar photo choices Smile

Cervello was the project of the younger brother of Osanna's guitarist.  He bested his big brother in my book, though I think Palepoli has more fans that Melos generally speaking. 

Andrea Cortese View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrea Cortese Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2013 at 16:24
^^^

Palepoli rules!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 206207208209210 358>