Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Italian Prog Appreciation den

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 248249250251252 358>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Finnforest View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Finnforest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2013 at 06:31
Originally posted by hellogoodbye hellogoodbye wrote:

Probably you're right, sag, but it's well done. The Rebus albumm from 1973 is really a Library music album.

http://www.discogs.com/Various-Rebus/release/3013640

You're right Pierre.  That Discogs link is the album I was looking for.  The confusion has come because someone used that album cover and year but then married it up with music from the 2000s Rebus band.  So there you have it.   Very confusing.

Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Finnforest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2013 at 06:42
Anyone know the location of Battisti's cover shoot in Sagi's signature....so lovely, I'd like to know if that location still exists....or if today it is all CondosLOL

andrea View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andrea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2013 at 07:37
TheH View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2013 at 14:08
That Rebus story is really confusing.

Some real hoax about an "unkown" 70s band from Italy (with slightly revealing japanese accent)

BALLETTIROSADIMACCHIA

Edited by TheH - August 27 2013 at 14:17
hellogoodbye View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hellogoodbye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2013 at 14:55
Fake, but good album.
progbethyname View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progbethyname Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2013 at 02:39
Hey guys. Sorry to be a pain in the ass, but what is with the mediocre sh*t ratings here on PA for Goblin's No Ho Sonno album? I find nothing wrong with it really. It's once again a clever blend of old and new Goblin art forms of sounds. Not only that the album is quite special being that it was 22 years, since Argento and Goblin worked together.
I'd say it's a great re-uniting. ;) I'd give the album a 4/5 easy. I really want to see the movie now as well.

Anyway. I'd love to hear what others think here. Micheal, I know you can shed some light on this for me. ;)
Gimmie my headphones now!!! 🎧🤣
Aussie-Byrd-Brother View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie-Byrd-Brother Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2013 at 17:32
Will do, my friend, I remember saying I was going to give it a fresh spin for you, but just been distracted by other things - `Moondawn', I'm looking at you!

Will report back soon!
coasterzombie View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coasterzombie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2013 at 20:26
I would consider Non Ho Sonno to be a borderline success and even a little disappointing considering it was the first "real" Goblin album since Bagarozzo Mark.  Unfortunately I don't have time to write reviews now but three stars seems fair and about right to me.  Some of the material, like the main theme and especially Death Farm are classic Goblin, but much of the album feels like filler and excess in my opinion.  Not helping matters any is the abysmal film, one of Argento's worst and completely over-the-top in terms of gratuitous violence and gore; there is little to no actual suspense to play off Goblin's chilling score.

Regrettably and ironically I would have to place Simonetti's work with Daemonia as more enjoyable and successful than recent Goblin productions.  Granted I have not seen the latest incarnation live and cannot comment as such.  Michael is much more qualified in this regard.

Edited by coasterzombie - September 03 2013 at 20:27
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie-Byrd-Brother Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 04 2013 at 05:37
Thanks for your thoughts, Coaster! I've got one or two other quick commitments to work through before I'll get a chance to listen to Non Ho Sonno again, so I'll keep you updated, Nick!

Also, great review of the Enzo album! Dear Pierre in here helped me track down a copy of that one, and I'll forever associate his kind gesture with it! What an album, now made even more special!
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie-Byrd-Brother Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 04 2013 at 05:56
Guys, I wonder if you know this track?! I love it, so deranged and ferocious!

IL SISTEMA :`Sangue Sulle Ruote'

I just reviewed their compilation album, and this is a bit of a favourite!
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hellogoodbye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 04 2013 at 06:21
Terrible mike !

Sagichim View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sagichim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 04 2013 at 06:30
LOL

That's why I like this genre so much, because of those deranged breaks, sorta like a wolf in sheep's clothing.
AEProgman View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AEProgman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 04 2013 at 07:35
Originally posted by Sagichim Sagichim wrote:

LOL

That's why I like this genre so much, because of those deranged breaks, sorta like a wolf in sheep's clothing.

Very good description of the genre.Approve    My first albums in RPI were 2 by PFM (Amico & Niente), 1 by Le Orme (Pezza), and then Area (Crac).  It went from absolutely beautiful compositions of the first 3 "Sheep" and then Crac was that wild and crazy "wolf  in sheeps clothing", but great stuff that blew me away.

Oh Nick, loving the Back to the Goblin more and more!! 
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie-Byrd-Brother Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 04 2013 at 08:28
Originally posted by hellogoodbye hellogoodbye wrote:

Terrible mike !

Oh no, Pierre!
I just love the noise and bluster of it, the rough-as-guts quality and dirty dangerous groove!
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hellogoodbye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 04 2013 at 13:16
All this makes me think of one my favorite Sparks' song : Biology 2
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progbethyname Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 04 2013 at 15:36
Originally posted by coasterzombie coasterzombie wrote:

I would consider Non Ho Sonno to be a borderline success and even a little disappointing considering it was the first "real" Goblin album since Bagarozzo Mark.  Unfortunately I don't have time to write reviews now but three stars seems fair and about right to me.  Some of the material, like the main theme and especially Death Farm are classic Goblin, but much of the album feels like filler and excess in my opinion.  Not helping matters any is the abysmal film, one of Argento's worst and completely over-the-top in terms of gratuitous violence and gore; there is little to no actual suspense to play off Goblin's chilling score.
Regrettably and ironically I would have to place Simonetti's work with Daemonia as more enjoyable and successful than recent Goblin productions.  Granted I have not seen the latest incarnation live and cannot comment as such.  Michael is much more qualified in this regard.

sh*t. Did the film really suck that bad? Aghhhh I'm wanting to make an effort to see it, and hear how Goblin's music is hopefully used appropriately, but from you mr. Coaster it does not sound promising. Anyway, thank you for your insightful opinion. It helps.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progbethyname Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 04 2013 at 15:41
Originally posted by Aussie-Byrd-Brother Aussie-Byrd-Brother wrote:

Thanks for your thoughts, Coaster! I've got one or two other quick commitments to work through before I'll get a chance to listen to Non Ho Sonno again, so I'll keep you updated, Nick!
]

I want to know if you think the Saxaphone is corny on Ulisse. I think it's great and it adds a nice difference to the overall sound of the album. Ulisse I think is a good moment, but I can't see it being used in a horror movie? Weird.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie-Byrd-Brother Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2013 at 17:59
Wow, did anybody attend this?!

Antonio Bartoccetti
Friday 23th August
Live Shock
ANTONIUS REX BAND
(sms contact: 334-8019932)
EVENT PROGRAM (from h22 to h06):
Black &White Meditations
Wine ++
Antonius Rex Concert
Black &White Rituals post concert

Antonius Rex band:
Antonio Bartoccetti - guitar, vocal
Rexanthony - keyboards, vocal
Svetlana Serduchka - vocal
Monika Tasnad - medium

Did anyone have the spare GBP 100?!
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie-Byrd-Brother Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2013 at 21:19
Thought I'd post an old favourite while I'm listening to it right now! For those who haven't heard it, it's got a very cool extended instrumental section in the middle:

Panna Fredda - La Paura

Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Finnforest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2013 at 23:19
Live Rex eh? 

Now that sounds more interesting than a typical gigLOL

Gosh I hope someone posts a review of that. 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 248249250251252 358>