Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Italian Prog Appreciation den

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 271272273274275 358>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
TheH View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2014 at 09:16
Originally posted by Aussie-Byrd-Brother Aussie-Byrd-Brother wrote:

Originally posted by TheH TheH wrote:

http://www.amazon.de/Twilight-Night-Watch/dp/B00005S1SM/ref=sr_1_2?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1390731815&sr=1-2&keywords=Night+watch

Treasure Box by Greenwall is a very good Album and I would recommend it.

Narrow Pass now feature the original male singer from Eris Pluvia and will have a new Album out this year.

https://myspace.com/allegrileprotti

Damn, THEH, Thank you! Very hard to understand that site, does anyone want to please order me one of the second hand copies and I can send them a personal Paypal payment?!

If anyone can help, please just send me a private message!

Just checked the postage rates for Germany to Australia and nearly
collapsed...

It think maybe this source is better suited for you:

http://www.znrcds.com/osc/catalog/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=424&products_id=4656

Edited by TheH - January 26 2014 at 09:17
Sagichim View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sagichim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2014 at 09:22
I've been really digging Distillerie Di Malto's second album lately, really good stuff. Any fans of the album here?
TheH View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2014 at 09:32
Originally posted by Sagichim Sagichim wrote:

I've been really digging Distillerie Di Malto's second album lately, really good stuff. Any fans of the album here?

Love it, one of the top 2013 albums!

Check out Fabrizio Pellicciaro's post (on the page before this one).
(This was pretty much ignored here)

Edited by TheH - January 26 2014 at 09:35
Sagichim View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sagichim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2014 at 09:50

Love it, one of the top 2013 albums!

Check out Fabrizio Pellicciaro's post (on the page before this one).
(This was pretty much ignored here)

Ah! Damn I totally missed him, I sure do love their first album as well.
Aussie-Byrd-Brother View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie-Byrd-Brother Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2014 at 16:09

http://www.amazon.de/Twilight-Night-Watch/dp/B00005S1SM/ref=sr_1_2?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1390731815&sr=1-2&keywords=Night+watch

Treasure Box by Greenwall is a very good Album and I would recommend it.

Narrow Pass now feature the original male singer from Eris Pluvia and will have a new Album out this year.

https://myspace.com/allegrileprotti

Damn, THEH, Thank you! Very hard to understand that site, does anyone want to please order me one of the second hand copies and I can send them a personal Paypal payment?!

If anyone can help, please just send me a private message!

Just checked the postage rates for Germany to Australia and nearly
collapsed...

It think maybe this source is better suited for you:

http://www.znrcds.com/osc/catalog/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=424&products_id=4656

Thank you, Mr H!! First of all, I was going to get a copy from the German Amazon, I got to the final order page and all up with shipping, it was going to cost me $60!!

I contacted ZNR, and I was luck to get their final copy, came it at about $28 including shipping, so less than half the Amazon price.

I'm very greatful for your help with this, and very happy to get a copy!
AEProgman View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AEProgman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2014 at 08:11
Just got this the other day and it really is as advertised, takes you back to 70s sound like you are there.
Quite a good album!

Il Ruscello Paesaggio Solare (Estate 1972) album cover
hellogoodbye View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hellogoodbye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2014 at 08:20

Il Ruscello - Orizzonti

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utMSgDStEVc
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie-Byrd-Brother Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2014 at 03:42
A little gem from an album I've been listening to all day today, and a review ready to post shortly.

Hardly very proggy, but what a lovely LP it’s from:

Delirium - Preludio:

They made better albums, but that debut is very special
Utnapishtim View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Utnapishtim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2014 at 04:01

A little gem from an album I've been listening to all day today, and a review ready to post shortly.

Hardly very proggy, but what a lovely LP it’s from:

Delirium - Preludio:

They made better albums, but that debut is very special

WOW...a beautiful album by a band precursor of Prog Rock in Italy. Here there is the great Ivano Fossati, I love also his lonely works...this band participated to an edition of Sanremo in 1972 with the song Jesahel...
...good idea to renew the pleasure to listen to it again!

Thanks Michael to remember it!
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie-Byrd-Brother Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2014 at 04:13
Originally posted by Utnapishtim Utnapishtim wrote:

WOW...a beautiful album by a band precursor of Prog Rock in Italy. Here there is the great Ivano Fossati, I love also his lonely works...this band participated to an edition of Sanremo in 1972 with the song Jesahel...
<span style="line-height: 1.2;">...good idea to renew the pleasure to listen to it again!</span>
<span style="line-height: 1.2;"></span>
<span style="line-height: 1.2;">Thanks Michael to remember it!</span>

Well, Marco, I have to say...I love their other albums, especially that classic `3' third one, and their comeback album is great too....also that live DVD from a few years ago is everything a fan could ask for!

But I have to confess...I think my own personal favourite has become that debut! It's so gentle, lovely, with very tasteful instrumental runs! Not a bad track on it
Sagichim View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sagichim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2014 at 04:19
I haven't listened to it in years myslef, I'll have to revisit, I can't remember how it is.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie-Byrd-Brother Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2014 at 04:26
Sagi, in the last two days, I've listened to it about 15 times, just over and over! It's much better than I remembered, even if it doesn't have the dirtier sax and intensity that `3' does...which is what always used to disappoint me about it!

Now it even reminds me in parts of early psych Floyd. I'll post my review in the next hour or so, and I'd love you to give it that revisit and post your thoughts back here, my friend!
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Utnapishtim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2014 at 04:39
Yes Michael, I'm agree with you. The first album is like a love declaration to the music, the manifestation of the soul of the band, and I think this is valid for many bands at their debut. And the wonderful thing is when you start to listen to an album and then you are abducted by its sound, so you listen to it again and again...
Handshake
Sagichim View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sagichim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2014 at 05:07

Sagi, in the last two days, I've listened to it about 15 times, just over and over! It's much better than I remembered, even if it doesn't have the dirtier sax and intensity that `3' does...which is what always used to disappoint me about it!

Now it even reminds me in parts of early psych Floyd. I'll post my review in the next hour or so, and I'd love you to give it that revisit and post your thoughts back here, my friend!

Will do!
TheH View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 02 2014 at 09:53
The Maxophone Live in Tokyo is really marvelous.

Now looking Forward to this one (11th Feb)

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Utnapishtim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 02 2014 at 10:05

The Maxophone Live in Tokyo is really marvelous.

Now looking Forward to this one (11th Feb)

Great!...how many good news...
Sagichim View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sagichim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2014 at 01:46

Will do!

Ok Michael, I've listened to it six or seven times for the past few days and I'm hooked, really!
I mean what's not to like? LOL I was quite surprised the first time because I remembered it was much more calm and acoustic, but this is 100% progressive album, a lot of jazzy parts and excellent playing, and how about that distorted flute? great stuff, I hope it was intentionally recorded like this. But I think the thing that wins this album for me are the beautiful melodies, I forgot how much I love Ivano Fossati's easily captivating vocals.

So this is quite a pioneering album for the genre being released in 71', now I need to get their second album which I've never heard.
Thanks again for bringing this album up my friend, gorgeous stuff Beer

Edit: Hey now that I look at the lineup Ivano Fossati is credited as being the lead singer but is not listed in their third album which is weird it sounds like the same dude to me. What's up with that?

Edited by Sagichim - February 03 2014 at 01:57
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie-Byrd-Brother Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2014 at 00:36
Excellent, Sagi!

I too seemed to remember in the distant past that it was folky and not much like their following albums, especially the classic third one, and that the singer was very different. Instead, NONE of those things turned out to be true!

Giving it a fresh listen, the two different singers actually sound quite similar. That was why I mentioned that somewhere near the start of my recent review!

Heh, I'm going to give it another play during work tonight!

Sagichim View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sagichim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2014 at 00:42
Morning here and I have a day off so Dolce Aqua was the first thing I listened to today, just finished it again. So easy to get into Heart
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie-Byrd-Brother Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2014 at 03:02
Sagi and guys, at work I was in the mood for something comfortable, something I've listened to many times and always go back to for more:

Anyone else love this little beauty as much as I do? Sure there's more complex and adventurous albums to the found from the period, but it's a fine work.

By the way, Utnapishtim, nice review of the `L'estate di San Martino' disc! I love that album very much too, so lovely and relaxing!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 271272273274275 358>