Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Italian Prog Appreciation den

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9495969798 358>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
hellogoodbye View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hellogoodbye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2012 at 19:11
I BOOM (1973) - I BOOM.

A soft prog rock album, I really like. (Once again Vinyl only Disapprove)

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hellogoodbye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2012 at 15:19
Little is known about this mysterious group, whose only good album often changed hands for incredible prices before people started to realise it's not a real Italian 70's rarity. Even the year of recording is uncertain. Some say it is from 1974-75, and for this reason it's included here, but it seems more likely that it came out in the second half of the 80's or early 90's.
The album was printed in Canada with a German producer, the music is good organ and mellotron-led prog sung in Italian with a strong foreign accent and often incomprehensible lyrics: this is almost certainly a foreign group, probably Japanese, playing under fake Italian names, and even the incredibly high number of errors in the cover notes and lyrics confirms this impression.

Leo Ucchi (vocals, bass, acoustic guitar, flute, keyboards), .
Guldbamsen View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2012 at 15:29
Edited

Edited by Guldbamsen - April 23 2012 at 17:17
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hellogoodbye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2012 at 16:14
David, it's not my review at all. I found an article of this strange band on the net. Don't by confused. It's my fault. Ouch
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hellogoodbye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2012 at 16:18
I mean : don't BE confused. You see, even on a word of two letters, I make a fault
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2012 at 16:20
Sorry man, but to be fair, I wouldn't have known had you not told me. Everything I just said to you still counts Pierre. I think you speak a very fine English, and some of the comments you make here in the den are just wonderful. Hell I even used your words, when I reviewed Aria
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hellogoodbye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2012 at 16:32
Thanks David. Smile The only thing I can say to explain my half-silence is that I love RPI more than I can tell.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2012 at 16:39
I understand perfectly, and I am sorry for my mistake.
Even so, I don't need you to write reviews as long as you stick around here. After all it was you who lead me to discover Persimfans, which I've just gotten my hands on. Beautiful album, thanks man

- Douglas Adams
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hellogoodbye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2012 at 16:48
You're welcome. Just read your beautifull review on Aria Clap. The following one " Come un vecchio ...." is my Sorrenti's favourite. It took me two years to learn to fly with him.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2012 at 16:54
Yep I love that one too. Think I'm putting it on now, whilst getting ready for bed. Sweet dreams with the Italian bird

- Douglas Adams
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hellogoodbye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2012 at 18:25
Sweet dreams. Sleepy Battiato Revisited : Marco Masoni - Franco Battiato Medley 
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hellogoodbye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2012 at 14:21
Listen all day to this great album and his fantastic long track L'Ebete. Big smile

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hellogoodbye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2012 at 16:51
Following my jazz mood of the evening, here is another swinging stuff from 1974 (Vinyl only)

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hellogoodbye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2012 at 14:24
The more I listen to Lucio Battisti and the more it seems special to me. Heart
Umanamente Uomo: Il Sogno 
dreadpirateroberts View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dreadpirateroberts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2012 at 17:23
^ yes! Big smile

My fav from that album

Edited by dreadpirateroberts - April 26 2012 at 17:25
We are men of action. Lies do not become us.
JazzMusicArchives.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hellogoodbye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2012 at 23:44
Great one too ! I wonder if some italian singer today has this kind of fantasy and sensibility Question Maybe you know the answer ...
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hellogoodbye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2012 at 01:58
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hellogoodbye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 29 2012 at 15:26
Tom Verde. Calypso. A very rare album from 1977, by a Saint Just member. Cool library jazz.

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hellogoodbye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2012 at 15:59
PIERO E I COTTONFIELDS (1972). Nice singer album, with a light symphonic feeling. (a CD exists)

Finnforest View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Finnforest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2012 at 18:44
^ I like that one, and the Cincinatto one below!Smile

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9495969798 358>