Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog News, Press Releases
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Maudlin Of The Well - Part The Second 2LP Release
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedMaudlin Of The Well - Part The Second 2LP Release

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Equality 7-2521 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Maudlin Of The Well - Part The Second 2LP Release
    Posted: December 04 2010 at 13:46
Got both motW and Coyote on the way.
"One had to be a Newton to notice that the moon is falling, when everyone sees that it doesn't fall. "
Earendil View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 04 2010 at 13:40
Ordering the sunburst one now. I can't wait for it to get here! It looks completely beautiful!
OzzProg View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 27 2010 at 13:14
Ah! Got it!

B E A U T I F U L  (The sound quality / music and art packaging, that is)

I admittedly thought I received a faulty copy, or that the vinyl was done with alternative versions... I was playing it on 33, and apparently it ought to be played on 45. Strange are these times.

But thank you very much for this, and I hope the other releases are done on vinyl (and CD again!) like this!

OzzProg View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 25 2010 at 23:18
I keep missing the post-office parcel pick-up times! grrr! I know its sitting there!

I honestly plan on  listening to this a couple times over and over while staring at the package...
The Neck Romancer View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 25 2010 at 18:06
Still waiting for mine.

One thing I'm sure of is that the needle will wear through the record after two years of listening to it daily.

Pinch
Pekka View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 19 2010 at 23:57
"Sounds earth-shatteringly good"

A loose translation of a comment on a Finnish music forum.
papashawn View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 19 2010 at 15:40
Hey guys, I posted some test pressings of Part the Second in the store.  There's one copy left:
http://antitheticrecords.storenvy.com/products/39282-part-the-second-test-press
I may have one more, but I need to check.  but to be on the safe side, I only posted what I was sure I had.
TheGazzardian View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 18 2010 at 14:42
Mine just arrived! Listening now :)
progkidjoel View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 18 2010 at 04:21
Originally posted by papashawn papashawn wrote:

Originally posted by Pekka Pekka wrote:

Mine arrived as well Thumbs Up It's really a gorgeous package, though I was surprised of how light the light blue actually is, and there were a couple of dark grey accidental looking stains. And it took some time trying to figure out which side had which song(s) Tongue

Yeah, I had posted my comments regarding the drastic variations in the vinyl color on our blog.  Some were very light, some were very colorful.  If it had enough blue to be considered "White /w Light Blue Swirl", it went in the blue pile.  Otherwise, we're going to sell the ones that are essentially white with some grey marble/swirls/splatters and possibly even one very small spot of color, but we're calling them "street snow".  They reminded us of how snow on the side of the road can be perfectly white, or sometimes it gets a little dirty with slush, maybe a homeless pissed in a spot a couple days ago and you can kind of see the yellow...  You get the idea.  I wouldn't sell them as colored, but they're still awesome 180gram vinyl copies of a fantastic album, and they come in the same great packaging w/ the insert as well. 

I'm glad you guys are liking our first release.  There's been some talk of doing the other motW albums as well.  I'll keep you posted when there are more details.

Awesome You have another sale for any other motW vinyls ever over here.
One minor complaint I have: There's a typo I just noticed on the lyric sheet, in the first line of Laboratories Of The Invisible World:
An electric curent binds us together forever
As current seems to be spelt with only one R on the sheet.
Other than that, perfect work

I actually could have had mine on monday already, but I didn't have time to pick it up before now.

Originally posted by TheGazzardian TheGazzardian wrote:

< ="utf-8">
Glad to hear some copies are arriving - hopefully mine is not too far behind! =D

Mine arrived 6 days after it posted, according to the shipping envelope, and that's probably the best shipping time I've ever had from the US. Awesome work
Pekka View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2010 at 09:51
I actually could have had mine on monday already, but I didn't have time to pick it up before now.
TheGazzardian View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2010 at 09:42
< ="utf-8">
Glad to hear some copies are arriving - hopefully mine is not too far behind! =D
Pekka View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2010 at 09:17
Originally posted by papashawn papashawn wrote:

There's been some talk of doing the other motW albums as well.  I'll keep you posted when there are more details.

Hell f**king yes, bring it on Clap
papashawn View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2010 at 09:07
Also, regarding the side labels, they correspond to the artwork on the Part the Second website if you listen to it online.  Each song has its own art.  Since there are 5 songs (side B has songs 2 and 3), we used the art for Rose Quartz on the vinyl, and did the Keep Light Near You art as the insert since it was square already.  The inner gatefold is the art for Clover Garland Island (which also appears, though heavily cropped, on side C).  I chose not to include the "A" "B" "C" and "D" on the labels because I like looking at the art instead.  Plus, you can look at the matrix on the inner ring and see it stamped there "ANTI-001 A", etc.  
papashawn View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2010 at 09:03

Mine arrived as well Thumbs Up It's really a gorgeous package, though I was surprised of how light the light blue actually is, and there were a couple of dark grey accidental looking stains. And it took some time trying to figure out which side had which song(s) Tongue

Yeah, I had posted my comments regarding the drastic variations in the vinyl color on our blog.  Some were very light, some were very colorful.  If it had enough blue to be considered "White /w Light Blue Swirl", it went in the blue pile.  Otherwise, we're going to sell the ones that are essentially white with some grey marble/swirls/splatters and possibly even one very small spot of color, but we're calling them "street snow".  They reminded us of how snow on the side of the road can be perfectly white, or sometimes it gets a little dirty with slush, maybe a homeless pissed in a spot a couple days ago and you can kind of see the yellow...  You get the idea.  I wouldn't sell them as colored, but they're still awesome 180gram vinyl copies of a fantastic album, and they come in the same great packaging w/ the insert as well. 

I'm glad you guys are liking our first release.  There's been some talk of doing the other motW albums as well.  I'll keep you posted when there are more details.
Pekka View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2010 at 08:56

But hell, thank you Clap Now we'll just have to wait for me to have money to finally buy the turntable...

Ordered a shirt and Stained Glass, thanks for the info Joel!
papashawn View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2010 at 07:15
Originally posted by progkidjoel progkidjoel wrote:

Just received mine, incredibly good service at Antithetic Records not to mention the vinyl is mindblowingly beautiful. Absolutely worth the wait!

Thanks, man!  Really appreciate the kind words.  Glad you like it!
Prog Geo View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2010 at 05:50
Originally posted by progkidjoel progkidjoel wrote:

Originally posted by Prog Geo Prog Geo wrote:

As a fan of post metal I must say that this band is very unique.I have listened to some tracks and they are incredible.It's great that Antithetic records will release Part the second in vinyl.Thumbs Upfor Maudlin of the well.But I would like to have more death metal vocals.

Have you heard their three earlier releases? There's plenty of metal and harsh vocals on those three

There's an interview where Toby talks about the more softer, mellow sound on Part The Second over here: http://www.lurkerspath.com/2010/10/28/an-interview-with-toby-driver/

Thanks for the link!I will read some parts of the interview because is too big(and my english isn't so good).Unfortunately,I don't find the albums of Maudlin of the well in Greece.But I have listened some tracks from all of their releases.And I remember that 3 tracks had harsh vocals.Maybe I'm wrong.

Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2010 at 05:43
Originally posted by Prog Geo Prog Geo wrote:

As a fan of post metal I must say that this band is very unique.I have listened to some tracks and they are incredible.It's great that Antithetic records will release Part the second in vinyl.Thumbs Upfor Maudlin of the well.But I would like to have more death metal vocals.

Have you heard their three earlier releases? There's plenty of metal and harsh vocals on those three

There's an interview where Toby talks about the more softer, mellow sound on Part The Second over here: http://www.lurkerspath.com/2010/10/28/an-interview-with-toby-driver/
Prog Geo View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2010 at 05:36
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2010 at 05:35
.......And they're now stocking it for order, along with a whole lot of other stuff (Kayo Dot shirts, Coyote on vinyl) over at Kayo Dot's homepage:

http://www.kayodot.net/kayodot/index.php?text=buy
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>