Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > General Polls
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Seinfeld Poll - most despicable main character?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedSeinfeld Poll - most despicable main character?

 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Poll Question: Which character appears to be the worse human being in Seinfeld?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
6 [16.67%]
20 [55.56%]
9 [25.00%]
1 [2.78%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
DisgruntledPorcupine View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: January 16 2010
Location: Thunder Bay CAN
Status: Offline
Points: 4395
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Seinfeld Poll - most despicable main character?
    Posted: October 26 2010 at 20:48
Originally posted by manofmystery manofmystery wrote:

I'm telling you people: Elaine is pure evil
Back to Top
Theriver View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: March 13 2010
Location: Lisbon Portugal
Status: Offline
Points: 181
Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 26 2010 at 15:28

Went for George even tough he makes me laugh so much.

Back to Top
manofmystery View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: January 26 2008
Location: PA, USA
Status: Offline
Points: 4335
Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2010 at 00:44
I'm telling you people: Elaine is pure evil


Time always wins.
Back to Top
cyclysm748 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: August 28 2008
Location: ND
Status: Offline
Points: 116
Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2010 at 00:14
George wins this for me.  Every episode is about him trying to get out of his mistakes in the sneakiest most disgraceful way possible.
Back to Top
Chela View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: July 27 2010
Location: California
Status: Offline
Points: 165
Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 12 2010 at 16:12
Believe it or not, George isn't at home.
Please leave a message at the beep.
I must be out, or I'd pick up the phone.
Where could I be???
Believe it or not, I'm not home!
 
Although that was cute...
 
George gets it Thumbs Up, or... Thumbs Down?
Back to Top
Synchestra View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: April 07 2009
Location: New Zealand
Status: Offline
Points: 734
Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 03 2010 at 04:50
Originally posted by Slartibartfast Slartibartfast wrote:

The few times I watched the show, I didn't find any of the characters particularly appealing.
That's sort of the point Wink the fact the show was that successful in spite of (or perhaps because of) the characters all being played in a way where you won't pity them at all is what made the show so great. And Curb Your Enthusiasm was just as good IMO (and I can't remember entirely, but I think they actually referanced the racism thing in an episode, something about Kramer wearing a hat... )
'Yeah, thats.. Whatever you're talking about for ya' - Zapp brannigan
Back to Top
rushfan4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Avatar
Honorary Collaborator

Joined: May 22 2007
Location: Michigan, U.S.
Status: Offline
Points: 62691
Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 29 2010 at 17:35
Originally posted by Slartibartfast Slartibartfast wrote:

The few times I watched the show, I didn't find any of the characters particularly appealing.
I'm glad I am not the only one.
Back to Top
Slartibartfast View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Avatar
Honorary Collaborator / In Memoriam

Joined: April 29 2006
Location: Atlantais
Status: Offline
Points: 29620
Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 29 2010 at 17:34
The few times I watched the show, I didn't find any of the characters particularly appealing.
Released date are often when it it impacted you but recorded dates are when it really happened...

Back to Top
MFP View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member


Joined: March 31 2009
Status: Offline
Points: 8172
Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 29 2010 at 17:25
Georgie-boy.
Back to Top
Stooge View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: April 09 2009
Location: Toronto, Canada
Status: Offline
Points: 1003
Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 29 2010 at 16:58
If I knew those characters in real life, I'd probably be bothered the most by Kramer.  His character is a good guy at heart, but I couldn't stand having someone popping in and out of my home and taking whatever he wants out of my fridge or misplacing my belongings.  I'm a fairly organized guy, and I appreciate my privacy.  I'd say Jerry was right for taking his keys back, although it made things complicated.

I have a twin brother, and Kramer would be one of those people who could know us both for years and still mix us up regularly.  He kept calling Susan "Lilly".  "Poor Lilly ...." LOL

Kramer obviously makes me laugh, but I relate more to the other 3 characters.

I won't vote for Kramer though, because he's technically not the worst human being of the 4.  Tough call.  Let me think about it.





Edited by Stooge - September 29 2010 at 17:00
Back to Top
Tapfret View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Avatar
Eclectic/PSIKE/JRF-Cant Teams

Joined: August 12 2007
Location: Bryant, Wa
Status: Offline
Points: 8084
Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 28 2010 at 23:05
Originally posted by June June wrote:

Say Vandelay!

George for me. Come on, dude, if only he'd put as much energy into finding a job than into faking a job.

And trying to get a date right after his fiancée died?

And because of that Tongue




Oh for crying out loud. Every time my wife and I go furniture shopping I can't try out a couch without her saying, "oh my god! stop it george!"
Back to Top
Deleuze View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: August 02 2010
Location: Qc
Status: Offline
Points: 193
Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 25 2010 at 23:13
George, but only cause it's tough love between us LOL


Edited by Deleuze - September 25 2010 at 23:14
Back to Top
harmonium.ro View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Joined: August 18 2008
Location: Anna Calvi
Status: Offline
Points: 22989
Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 22 2010 at 06:02
Originally posted by The T The T wrote:

Let's remember when someone yelled fire and he pushed the old lady aside as he was running away from danger.. 


Who did that? I can't remember LOL

I voted George btw
Back to Top
JLocke View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer
Avatar

Joined: November 18 2007
Status: Offline
Points: 4900
Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 22 2010 at 00:42
Originally posted by Atavachron Atavachron wrote:

George is winning in a landslide?  Really?  Ermm

I don't get it, either. I've always liked George. 
Back to Top
Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Avatar
Honorary Collaborator

Joined: September 30 2006
Location: Pearland
Status: Offline
Points: 61012
Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 22 2010 at 00:09
George is winning in a landslide?  Really?  Ermm
Back to Top
Mr Greeen Genes View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: February 28 2010
Location: NY
Status: Offline
Points: 298
Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 22 2010 at 00:03
Originally posted by manofmystery manofmystery wrote:

 
George is just doing what a short, stocky, slow-witted, bald man has to do to survive.
 
LOL
Back to Top
JLocke View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer
Avatar

Joined: November 18 2007
Status: Offline
Points: 4900
Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2010 at 22:13
Originally posted by thellama73 thellama73 wrote:

Originally posted by JLocke JLocke wrote:

Originally posted by Finnforest Finnforest wrote:

You didn't even read the hypothetical because you messed up in your response.   I won't hijack this poor guys poll any further.....you're free to your definitions.  

Whoops, my bad. I'll address it correctly, now.

The short answer: yes. The long answer: it's complicated.

If Richards still made it personal first in your example, and if he were gay, it's possible the guys would have merely been trying to hurt him back as a reaction. It still wouldn't be right of them, but it would a bit more understandable. But by all logic, if Richards were gay, he wouldn't be spouting off racial slurs of any kind, because he himself would already be part of one of a minory and most likely knows how it feels. It would stop him, perhaps. But let's say that did happen . . . even if it would have been as a reaction, anybody who calls someone else a name based on that person's ethnicity, sexual orientation, mental defect, etc. is being a bigot. Of course, they could be joking, but in this situation, they wouldn't be, clearly. 

In the actual case with Richards, it's not complicated at all. We know all the variables and we know exactly what was said and for what reason. Richards was being heckled, so he decided to say something racist and cruel-hearted in return. Apparently he thought that was the appropriate, even-handed response. The first thing he jumped on was the color of their skin, which as far as I can see has nothing to do with how they were behaving. Had they been white hecklers, Richards probably would have still gotten angry, but he would have called them 'idiots' or some other name that is non-race-specific. Why? Because he is white, too. It is painfully clear that Richards said what he did because he is white, and they were black. Their heckling no longer became the issue, and he made it about race. He did. Not them. Why should I assume anything other than what is glaring obvious about this man?

That's all I'm saying. He's  a funny guy, but he did something very disgusting in my eyes. But you know what? He has the right to say or think whatever he wants about what any type of people he wants. And I'll support his right to say racist things, no matter how hurtful they might be. Because they ARE just words, not actions. It's also The Laugh Factory's right to keep him from coming back there if they want. And I think they are right for doing so.


Minority groups are not racist against other minority groups? Hahahahahahahaha!LOL

Never in my life have I ever said anything as idiotic as ''minority groups are not racist against other minority groups.'' 

Plenty of black people keep gay folks down all the time. But is that logical? Nope. 

What I said: ''But by all logic, if Richards were gay, he wouldn't be spouting off racial slurs of any kind, because he himself would already be part of one of a minory and most likely knows how it feels.'' I did not say it was impossible, and I still considered the possibility of it happening and went on with my post. 

And from what I've seen, not a single gay person has ever spoken against black people in this way. Not once have I seen that. I'm sure it has happened, but not enough to be all that common. But the reverse seems to happen very often. Plenty of black christians push to keep gay marriage unrecognized. I'm not about go into THAT, however. Talk about hijacking a thread. LOL


Edited by JLocke - September 20 2010 at 22:16
Back to Top
thellama73 View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Avatar
Eclectic Prog Team

Joined: May 29 2006
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 8368
Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2010 at 22:08
Originally posted by JLocke JLocke wrote:

Originally posted by Finnforest Finnforest wrote:

You didn't even read the hypothetical because you messed up in your response.   I won't hijack this poor guys poll any further.....you're free to your definitions.  

Whoops, my bad. I'll address it correctly, now.

The short answer: yes. The long answer: it's complicated.

If Richards still made it personal first in your example, and if he were gay, it's possible the guys would have merely been trying to hurt him back as a reaction. It still wouldn't be right of them, but it would a bit more understandable. But by all logic, if Richards were gay, he wouldn't be spouting off racial slurs of any kind, because he himself would already be part of one of a minory and most likely knows how it feels. It would stop him, perhaps. But let's say that did happen . . . even if it would have been as a reaction, anybody who calls someone else a name based on that person's ethnicity, sexual orientation, mental defect, etc. is being a bigot. Of course, they could be joking, but in this situation, they wouldn't be, clearly. 

In the actual case with Richards, it's not complicated at all. We know all the variables and we know exactly what was said and for what reason. Richards was being heckled, so he decided to say something racist and cruel-hearted in return. Apparently he thought that was the appropriate, even-handed response. The first thing he jumped on was the color of their skin, which as far as I can see has nothing to do with how they were behaving. Had they been white hecklers, Richards probably would have still gotten angry, but he would have called them 'idiots' or some other name that is non-race-specific. Why? Because he is white, too. It is painfully clear that Richards said what he did because he is white, and they were black. Their heckling no longer became the issue, and he made it about race. He did. Not them. Why should I assume anything other than what is glaring obvious about this man?

That's all I'm saying. He's  a funny guy, but he did something very disgusting in my eyes. But you know what? He has the right to say or think whatever he wants about what any type of people he wants. And I'll support his right to say racist things, no matter how hurtful they might be. Because they ARE just words, not actions. It's also The Laugh Factory's right to keep him from coming back there if they want. And I think they are right for doing so.


Minority groups are not racist against other minority groups? Hahahahahahahaha!LOL
Back to Top
JLocke View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer
Avatar

Joined: November 18 2007
Status: Offline
Points: 4900
Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2010 at 21:58
Originally posted by Finnforest Finnforest wrote:

You didn't even read the hypothetical because you messed up in your response.   I won't hijack this poor guys poll any further.....you're free to your definitions.  

Whoops, my bad. I'll address it correctly, now.

The short answer: yes. The long answer: it's complicated.

If Richards still made it personal first in your example, and if he were gay, it's possible the guys would have merely been trying to hurt him back as a reaction. It still wouldn't be right of them, but it would a bit more understandable. But by all logic, if Richards were gay, he wouldn't be spouting off racial slurs of any kind, because he himself would already be part of one of a minory and most likely knows how it feels. It would stop him, perhaps. But let's say that did happen . . . even if it would have been as a reaction, anybody who calls someone else a name based on that person's ethnicity, sexual orientation, mental defect, etc. is being a bigot. Of course, they could be joking, but in this situation, they wouldn't be, clearly. 

In the actual case with Richards, it's not complicated at all. We know all the variables and we know exactly what was said and for what reason. Richards was being heckled, so he decided to say something racist and cruel-hearted in return. Apparently he thought that was the appropriate, even-handed response. The first thing he jumped on was the color of their skin, which as far as I can see has nothing to do with how they were behaving. Had they been white hecklers, Richards probably would have still gotten angry, but he would have called them 'idiots' or some other name that is non-race-specific. Why? Because he is white, too. It is painfully clear that Richards said what he did because he is white, and they were black. Their heckling no longer became the issue, and he made it about race. He did. Not them. Why should I assume anything other than what is glaring obvious about this man?

That's all I'm saying. He's  a funny guy, but he did something very disgusting in my eyes. But you know what? He has the right to say or think whatever he wants about what any type of people he wants. And I'll support his right to say racist things, no matter how hurtful they might be. Because they ARE just words, not actions. It's also The Laugh Factory's right to keep him from coming back there if they want. And I think they are right for doing so.


Edited by JLocke - September 20 2010 at 22:07
Back to Top
Finnforest View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Avatar
Honorary Collaborator

Joined: February 03 2007
Location: .
Status: Offline
Points: 16908
Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2010 at 21:51
You didn't even read the hypothetical because you messed up in your response.   I won't hijack this poor guys poll any further.....you're free to your definitions.  

Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.01
Copyright ©2001-2014 Web Wiz Ltd.

This page was generated in 0.266 seconds.

Donate monthly and keep PA fast-loading and ad-free forever.