Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedAre we snobs?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2006 at 23:34
I don't see how anyone can leave a Fall Out Boy concert and be satisfied.

...yes
chamberry View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2006 at 23:48
Yes I am a snob and proud of it (if we are talking about music with my friends).

surfdaddy View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2006 at 02:03
If snob means a close minded arrogant jackass....  I think you have that in any genre.  I've gone to many music forums (different genres) and this one is not much different than the others. You have some people that don't have a clue as to how to be polite, and sorry, musical taste has nothing to do with that.  That's just a character flaw.  

But if you mean snob as in "in love" with their music.  I haven't seen to many forums that have that more than this one...  :]

::Just Sittin here chillin::

Robby
Zargus View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2006 at 06:31
Yes im very snoby when it comes to music i only want the best nothing else is good enougt for me.  
Manunkind View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2006 at 06:45

No, I'm not a snob.

A snob is a person with an inferiority complex, plain and simple.

"In war there is no time to teach or learn Zen. Carry a strong stick. Bash your attackers." - Zen Master Ikkyu Sojun
sleeper View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2006 at 07:55
No, and I dont consider myself or many of the people that I have had civilised conversations with here to be snobs. Everybody thinks that the music they listen to is the best, its why they listen to it (its rediculus to listen to a genre if you dont think its any good) so no were not snobs, we just know exactly what we want from our music.
Spending more than I should on Prog since 2005

Space Dimentia View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2006 at 09:21

We are snobs and should be proud of the fact we seek out interllectually chanellening music, Im having an argument with my local rock night about this sort of thing.

They "cater for a wide range of rock" where one requests tracks, Im not bothered that the stuff I request gets played my goat at the moment is that they do not " cater for a wide range of rock" all they are playing is emo and pop punk to get the new emo, punk fraternity who have just turned 18 in and in turn are losing the old staple lot who turned up to listen to a wide range of stuff from Pantera to Primus to Blink 182 to Funeral for a friend.

They have played prog, they played Money one night at 7.30 when the place was opening so was pretty much dead and have also played Korn's cover of another brick in the which is rubbish, RATM did a better version! Im sorry but Korn don't count! If you play a Pink Floyd song you Play PINK FLOYD!

sorry everyon Im just really really angry at the moment! 

Prog is music for the mind
Hear your Orphaned child!
Check out my bands myspace site: www.myspace.com/equinox17
Chicapah View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2006 at 13:20
If being a snob is another layer of insulation from all the RAP that's being shoved down my throat by everyone from the Oscars to McDonalds, then I am proud to be an effete nose-in-the-air musical blue-blood!
"Literature is well enough, as a time-passer, and for the improvement and general elevation and purification of mankind, but it has no practical value" - Mark Twain
FragileDT View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2006 at 13:23
Of course we're snobs.
One likes to believe
In the freedom of music
But glittering prizes
And endless Compromises
Shatter the illusion
Of integrity
MajesterX View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2006 at 13:53
There are snobs for any kind of music. I don't listen to anything but Prog at this point. I had to face a friend of mine saying he heard some Dream Theater and looked at me and said "it's like not music" . He listens to alternative music like Wheezer . I was about to kill him, but I managed to control myself. I replied saying that the reason he thought that was becuase prog hasn't been popular since the 70's, instead of saying Wheezer was terrible,which is my opinion "beverly hills, that's where I want to be.." I will say it now- There is no type of music that is better than any other genre, eveyone's thoughts of the best is thier own opinion. Our view of course is that prog is the best. If a rap fan came here and started telling us rap was the best, we would laugh and scorn, and same vise-versa, is one of us went to a bunch of rap or pop fans. We are snobs as much as any other bug fans of any other genres.  
aapatsos View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2006 at 18:13
DEFINITELY YES, AND I LIKE IT...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567