Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Polls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Karn Evil 9 - Emerson Lake And Palmer

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Poll Question: Which Impression is your favourite?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
24 [34.78%]
3 [4.35%]
19 [27.54%]
23 [33.33%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2011 at 01:39
3rd Impression for reasons stated in the OP.

2nd Impression is a puzzle to me as it seems to be two entirely different peices (part 1 and part 2??)

Karn Evil 9 is really 5 peices to me.
1st Impression has an extended introduction to a future world with no hope until we are taken to the hedonistic escape from it all (The 'Carnival').
On the original release they couldn't sqeeze all of Karn Evil 9 onto side two so 1st Impression Part One was invented and side two began with ''Welcome Back My Friends etc''. It was very artifical but made some sort of sense.Predictably in the late seventies ELP started shows with ''Welcome Back My Friends''.
The Wrinkler View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Wrinkler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2011 at 00:51
Second Impression! I love that ELP symphonic jazz sound. Cool
Ruby900 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ruby900 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2011 at 00:28
Easily third - great stuff!
"I always say that it’s about breaking the rules. But the secret of breaking rules in a way that works is understanding what the rules are in the first place". Rick Wakeman
Fox On The Rocks View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fox On The Rocks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2011 at 21:46
Third Impression for me because in my opinion its the most well composed out of all the Impressions and the one melody in the middle of the song is so Majestic and Beautiful - it reminds me of Genesis TongueApprove. Also I prefer the lyrics in the Third Impression the most out of all of them.

Edited by Fox On The Rocks - September 08 2011 at 22:10
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123