Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Report errors & omissions here
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ERRORS THREAD Report Errors and Omissions Here

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 171172173174175 491>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yam yam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2021 at 06:52
^ Wow! Thanks for those two Live Journal links! Smile I've only got time for a brief look just now, but I'm gonna read them both thoroughly when my day's work is finished later this evening. The translation by Google does indeed look to be a good one!
NotAProghead View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 10 2021 at 21:39
^ It seems you're right. And Mecky said about the gig with Misi in the interview you've referred.

Yes, 50th anniversary show was great. They played 2 more shows like this in other cities in December 2012. I and my wife visited one of them in Veszprem. If you're interested here is my wife's report. It's in Russian, but if you switch on online translation it's quite readable.
I must add, besides lasers, light, screen projections, pyrotechincs, the sound was absolutely incredible - now you clearly hear the quitest passages and then music explodes like a thunder. But it's the right thunder, without distortions. No record can fully reproduce the power and depth of this concert sound. 
I believe equipment-wise Hungarian concerts are the best, because when playing abroad it's hardly possible to afford all the gear they used 'at home'. 
During the short time we were backstage I've noticed countless number of control desks, I have no idea what all of them are intended for. Unfortunately no photos of these desks, time was very limited.

A bit later, in 2013 we were lucky to interview (again my wife's report) Omega the day before their first ever concert in Russia. Actually only a short briefing was planned, but I decided to ask questions (prepared beforehand) until somebody stops me. Smile Fortunately nobody even tried. Later, slightly edited, it was published by In Rock magazine.
One of the questions was about video version of 50th anniversary concert, Janos said then they're are preparing such release but until now it didn't happen.

Edited by NotAProghead - February 10 2021 at 22:24
Who are you and who am I to say we know the reason why... (D. Gilmour)
yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yam yam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 10 2021 at 19:01
^ Yes, quite surprising really. I suppose they must have been hoping to bow out with one last farewell gig featuring the classic line-up sometime this year if fate hadn't intervened. I'm just watching some footage from their 50th anniversary concert (Budapest, Laszlo Papp Arena, 6.10.2012) on YouTube. They put on quite a show! Doesn't appear as though the concert was ever released on DVD, which is also a pity.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 10 2021 at 17:42
^ Thanks. At least they had time to reconcile.

It's a pity Omega didn't include some words for fans in CD booklet (from the other hand, most likely CDs were printed when both Laci and Misi were alive).

Edited by NotAProghead - February 10 2021 at 17:46
yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yam yam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 10 2021 at 17:06
Originally posted by NotAProghead NotAProghead wrote:

Couldn't find yet who is Gábor Molnár and his role. I don't even know is he György Molnár's son.
No, I also couldn't find out who he is, or what he contributed to the album. Unhappy

Mecky says Tamás Mihály played on the album. Good if it is so. As far as I can tell, Tamás Mihály didn't play with Omega since 2014.
Wikipedia Hungary's page for Tamás Mihály says "He last played with Omega in 2014, although his departure was only confirmed by János Kóbor in April 2017. However, Tamás Mihály stated in an interview that if certain conditions were met, he would not have refused to resume joint work. Moreover, a reunion of the classic five was also planned for 2021." The source they give for that information is here. It seems from what János said in that interview with mandiner.hu that Omega and Tamás eventually did work together on 'Testamentum', even though, for what reason I don't know, it hasn't been widely publicised.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 10 2021 at 13:38
^ Thanks, David, I've updated the album page.

Couldn't find yet who is Gábor Molnár and his role. I don't even know is he György Molnár's son.

Very interesting interview with Mecky (János Kóbor) (please don't think I can read Hungarian, online translators improved in the last 2 decades drastically Smile).
Mecky says Tamás Mihály played on the album. Good if it is so. As far as I can tell, Tamás Mihály didn't play with Omega since 2014.
yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yam yam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2021 at 18:34

Originally posted by mbzr48 mbzr48 wrote:

http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=71107

- János Kóbor / Vocals
- Laszlo Benko / Keyboards
- György Molnár / Guitars
- Tamás Szekeres / Guitars
- Katy Zee / Bass
- Ferenc Debreczeni / Drums

LabelGrundRecords ‎(GR174)
Format: CD, Digital
November 26, 2020

Thanks, Mayer. I have this CD, but musicians are not credited on CD.
I think you gave right line-up. Clap

It seems some songs were recorded with an orchestra (or simulated orchestra sounds, I don't know) and probably some guest musicians. Please let us know if you'll find some info. It's also of my personal intesrest, because Omega is one of my favourite bands.
According to Wikipedia, Tamás Szekeres and Katy Zee (Kata Szöllösy) are two of the band's touring musicians, but both the New Prog Releases page for the album and Baby Blue Prog Reviews agree with Mayer's album line-up, with Baby Blue stating in their review of the album: "the digipack from GrundRecords from Hungary that I have at hand is not easy to see who recorded all of this music. The line-up information given above comes from the worldwide network, but is probably not complete".

The following additional information is on both the Discogs page for the release and the GrundRecords upload of the full album on YouTube.

Recorded between 2016 and 2020 at Omega Stúdió under the direction of Kóbor János.
Music and lyrics: Omega, Sülyi Péter and Trunkos András.
Arranger, music director and sound engineer: Kóbor János.
Contributions by: Molnár Gábor, Vámos Zsolt and Nyiregyhazi Cantemus Kórus (Cantemus Choral Institute, or Choir), led by Turcsány András.
Graphic design: Szabadi Gergely and Száraz Bence.
Producer: Kóbor János and Trunkos András.
Published and distributed by GrundRecords in 2020 under licence of Mega Multimedia Kft.

Packaged in a gatefold digipak with die-cut inner pocket, clear tray and 16-page booklet with lyrics and credits.

Edit: Those additional credits from Discogs/GrundRecords above give the names as they are written in Hungarian. In English the first and last names are usually reversed.

According to Wikipedia Hungary's page for the album, with reference to this interview with Kóbor János (or János Kóbor as it is written in English) on mandiner.hu, former band member Tamás Mihály also played bass during the recording of Testamentum before he died in November last year. Vámos Zsolt, mentioned as a contributor in the additional credits above, is a guitarist-composer. You can read what he says about his contribution to Testamentum here.

Edited by yam yam - February 09 2021 at 19:24
projeKct View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote projeKct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2021 at 17:24
Originally posted by NAP NAP wrote:

Thanks, guys, marked them in our list on page 314. Except 37565 - seems it's something new, not from our list. Right?

Yes, it was a "special request" from David. Wink
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2021 at 15:20
Originally posted by mbzr48 mbzr48 wrote:

- János Kóbor / Vocals
- Katy Zee / Bass

November 26, 2020

Thanks, Mayer. I have this CD, but musicians are not credited on CD.
I think you gave right line-up. Clap

It seems some songs were recorded with an orchestra (or simulated orchestra sounds, I don't know) and probably some guest musicians. Please let us know if you'll find some info. It's also of my personal intesrest, because Omega is one of my favourite bands.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2021 at 15:13
^ I hope so too. 
yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yam yam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2021 at 18:08
Originally posted by projeKct projeKct wrote:

^ Obviously, you're right! Wink

About the Sajjanu official website link, we'll have to wait the return of the almighty Eugene, as I don't have the power to change this...
Cool. I didn't realise this. I reckon it won't be too long before you do have the necessary power to attend to such matters though. Smile
projeKct View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote projeKct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2021 at 17:26
^ Obviously, you're right! Wink

About the Sajjanu official website link, we'll have to wait the return of the almighty Eugene, as I don't have the power to change this...

NAP: Not that almighty, but thanks, the link changed. Smile 

Edited by NotAProghead - February 09 2021 at 15:12
yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yam yam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2021 at 16:50

Thanks a lot, David. Your work amazes me! Clap

So I've updated:

I must say that, like Eugene, my "real" work is very demanding at the moment. I will be more relaxed in a few weeks (beginning of March).

Take care everybody! Smile

I'll leave you and Eugene in peace for a few days now that we've finished the 'missing track list' assignment lol!

I just thought I'd mention the Sajjanu official website link again though. The current one we have is dead. Latest working one is at https://sajjanupechiku.wixsite.com/sajjanu
YOUR work amazes ME too. Without your brilliant new tool and Eugene's incredible dedication to his task, none of what we've jointly achieved over the past couple of weeks would have been possible. Approve Clap
projeKct View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote projeKct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2021 at 16:29
^ Thanks Mayer, done!
mbzr48 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Discography Auditor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mbzr48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2021 at 16:09

- János Kóbor / Vocals
- Katy Zee / Bass

November 26, 2020
projeKct View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote projeKct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2021 at 15:50
Thanks a lot, David. Your work amazes me! Clap

So I've updated:

I must say that, like Eugene, my "real" work is very demanding at the moment. I will be more relaxed in a few weeks (beginning of March).

Take care everybody! Smile

NAP: Thanks, guys, marked them in our list on page 314. Except 37565 - seems it's something new, not from our list. Right?

Edited by NotAProghead - February 09 2021 at 15:08
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2021 at 14:29
Guys, I have to make a several days break because of my "real" work. Please post info when it's ready, then (I hope pretty soon) we'll sort it out. 
yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yam yam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2021 at 23:58
Just one left, and by 'Sod's Law' it looks like the final hurdle is going to be too big to get over! Cry

I can't find any info at all for this rather obscure Japanese outfit's third (and it seems final) album. Unhappy

Keishiro added them to the site, and reviewed their debut album. He also posted a piece about them in his Japanese Progressive Rock presented by DamoX thread back in 2010, not long before this third album was released, so maybe he can help us with this one?

59 albums to begin with, & 58 of them now sorted, or being sorted. We surely can't fail on the very last one...Can we? Ermm

Edit: No we jolly well can't! Look what I just found! https://diskunion.net/jp/ct/detail/IND6918Big smile

I've no idea how to format this, since the four tracks don't have any titles, but according to a review on Amazon Japan, all four tracks have a similar length and structure.

CD-1 (50:52)
1. Untitled
2. Untitled

CD-2 (58:35)
1. Untitled
2. Untitled

Total Time 109:27

- Kazuhiko Kuriyama / bass
- Koji Mizutani / drums
- Yasuhiro Okazaki / guitar

Mastered by Makoto Kubota
Jacket by contemporary artist Keita Egami

2 x CD My Best Record - MYRD-20/21 (Japan, 2011)

Released on April 27, 2011

Image of fully packaged CD, with reference number visible at the bottom here.

And there we are. Our mission is accomplished! All 59 albums without track listings duly dealt with! Tongue Clap

Edit #2: I even found a sample of what this album sounds like on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRrkL4BEn2M.

Not my cup of tea really lol! Embarrassed

NAP: Thanks, done by Julien.

Edited by NotAProghead - February 11 2021 at 20:01
yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yam yam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2021 at 22:49

Troy Donockley ‎– Messages - A Collection Of Music 1998-2011

Not a lot of detailed info available for this one.

I managed to find the timings, and a list of all the musicians etc involved, but the full details of which individual tracks they feature on (apart from a few of the female vocalists) weren't forthcoming. It will probably require somebody who actually has the physical CD and liner notes to supply that info, I fear. It's only a compilation album though, so hopefully the details below will suffice. Embarrassed

1. Sights (3:12) 
2. For Him Who Will Never Return (3:37) 
3. Now, Voyager (9:08) 
4. Fragment (4:28) 
5. Orkahaugr (11:13) 
6. Finlandia (3:40) 
7. Dunmail Rising (6:23) 
8. Pursuit Of Illusion (8:43) 
9. Tunnels (9:58) 
10. The Procession (3:09) 

Total time 63:31

- Troy Donockley / Uilleann pipes, low & high whistles, acoustic & electric guitars, bouzouki, keyboards, harmonium, Portuguese mandola, percussion, vocals, composer, arranger, producer

With:
- Tim Harries / bass
- Neil Drinkwater / grand piano
- Nick Beggs / Chapman stick
- Duncan Rayson / organ
- Rosie Biss / cello
- Terl Bryant / cymbals, gong, bodhran, bells, various drums
- Nollaig Casey / fiddle
- Julie Darling / harp
- Peter Knight / violins
- Chris Redgate / oboe
- Brad Lang / double bass, fretless bass
- Frank Van Essen / violins, viola, drums, percussion
- Andy Duncan / djembe, darabuka, vocals
- Heather Findlay / vocals
- Barbara Dickson / vocals (2)
- Joanne Hogg / vocals (4, 8)
- Nick Holland / vocals
- Olivia Sparnenn / vocals (7)
- The Emperor String Quartet:
   - Clare Hayes / violin
   - Martin Burgess / violin
   - Fiona Bonds / viola
   - William Schofield / cello
- York Cantores Choir / chorus vocals
- Tuomas Holopainen / poem recitation (3)

CD Lanternmusic ‎– LNTNCD4 (UK, 2012)

Duncan Rayson's organ contribution was recorded on location at Rochdale Town Hall.

Note: Discogs has track three listed as 'Voyager Now', but the title is definitely 'Now, Voyager', as can be seen in the image on this eBay listing.

NAP: Thanks, done by Julien.

Edited by NotAProghead - February 11 2021 at 20:00
yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yam yam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2021 at 20:24

^ Oh, I didn't even know about this thread... Embarrassed

Should I re-post my top (or "worst") biographies over there?
I'd definitely post the list of the worst ones there. You never know, a bored collaborator with nothing to do might visit that thread one day and pick out a couple to research for us! It'll be easier for us to find there too when we need to refer to it in the future - that thread is far less busy than this one is. Your post will soon get 'lost' in this thread, as so many other correction jobs that need doing get almost constantly posted here. Thumbs Up
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 171172173174175 491>