Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Report errors & omissions here
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ERRORS THREAD Report Errors and Omissions Here

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 250251252253254 493>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
NotAProghead View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2019 at 06:55
^^ Thanks, Ernie, done.

Please also look are line-ups correct on this and this singles.
Who are you and who am I to say we know the reason why... (D. Gilmour)
Ernie M View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ernie M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2019 at 21:35
Sorry, I meant:
Jim Cuomo- sax, domra, recorder, keyboards
Ernie M View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ernie M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2019 at 20:31
Yes, I have the album here:
1- Francois was ONLY the singer.
The jacket says. translated from French, "All the arrangements and performances (!!!): MORMOS"
(That is what is says, literally, although there were some added session musicians as well)
2- Do you want the line-up per song, or just in general? I could add all of this at Discogs as well, but here is the general line-up:
Jim Cuomo- sax, domra, recorder, organ
R. Ernie Mansfield- harmonica, flute, piccolo
Elliott Delman- guitar
Sandy Spencer- cello
Annie Hat- Vocals
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2019 at 06:15
^ Thanks, Ernie, the line mentioning live album added. Your email address included earlier:
=========== For more information please contact [email protected] ==========

There's not enough info of "Ca Droit Etre Bien" album on Discogs. I see that besides being backing band Mormos also made arrangements.
Questions:
1. Was François Béranger only a singer or he played some instruments?
2. Do you remember Mormos line-up on the album?

Please also look whether I correctly updated Mormos albums and added singles.

Edited by NotAProghead - April 30 2019 at 17:57
Ernie M View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ernie M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 29 2019 at 22:48
Hello NotAProg, 

Yes, you can include "Ca Droit Etre Bien" - it is really the singer's album, however, we are just the backing band.

Yes, you can add to my Mormos Bio "A Mormos "Live Album" is going to be released soon. It will feature live performances from their 1970s concerts in Paris." Then if you include my email address, folks could contact me about that. 

Thanks!
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 29 2019 at 12:55
^ Ernie, I don't know what you mean under public comments, but as any registered PA member you may review any album in database. Including the ones you played on. Smile

If you'd like to I may add to "your part" of Mormos bio something like "Currently I'm working on Mormos album with previously unreleased live recordings from the 70s".

As for "Ça Doit Être Bien..." album, I would add it too because it might be interesting for those who likes the band. For example this album is a must for fans of the singer and his then backing band. 
But let's add singles first and correct studio albums info if necessary (I hope I'll do it tomorrow). 

P.S. The site policy does not allow to add solo albums to the bands' discographies. But one way or another solo works could be mentioned in bios.

Edited by NotAProghead - April 29 2019 at 13:00
Ernie M View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ernie M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 29 2019 at 11:59
Greetings NotaProghead-

Yes, thanks for posting this! And for the link to my website! I will be updating my website to include more about Mormos,,, so thanks for that!! As far as listing the musicians (or not).... you are right that is probably redundant since they are all listed at Discogs. However, the reviewers on your site seem to be mixed up about who played what, and confusing Annie Hats last name. Am I allowed to make public comments at your site? Obviously, I am not a reviewer.... 

Discogs also lists "Ça Doit Être Bien..." album. I don't think you need to list this, Mormos was backing up the French singer Francois Beranger. So it is really Mr. Beranger, not Mormos. I have two solo albums of my own, that you may want to list,,,, they are instrumental jazz, so I don't know if that is what Progs like.... (?)

I am working on the "Mormos Live" album currently. No, it is not recent, but they were recorded by our sound man from the 70s. I think they will be quite interesting, for those who already know of Mormos, and curious about more recordings....

Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 29 2019 at 11:04
Originally posted by mbzr48 mbzr48 wrote:

Originally posted by Logan Logan wrote:

It would help if you would provide the details (including external links and the correct cover).

Instead of fixing an error that no one even bothered to notify you but me, you asking me to do the work and I'm not in Errors & Omissions Team, sometimes I don't believe how ungrateful you can be instead of saying thank you!

Stop waving your sword, Mayer! 
The album is on pre-order now (looks like announced release date April 5 is delayed), so very little info is available. All we can do now is only cut "(2019) Blu-ray" (actually done).

Edited by NotAProghead - April 29 2019 at 11:05
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 29 2019 at 10:34
^ Thanks, Ernie.
Please look how I added your info: http://www.progarchives.com/artist.asp?id=2816
Is it OK? But if you'd like to replace old bio with new one, we need to contact Prog Folk Team.

I've also added your site as MORMOS site (I think it's better than nothing).

In my opinion it's not necessary to list albums and all members in bio. It would be better to add mising singles to the band's discography (I'll help to do this). Though perhaps it would be helpful to add some words of forthcoming live album (is it an archive recording or the band reunited to make it).

Discogs also lists "Ça Doit Être Bien..." album. Do you think it's worth to add it? 
Ernie M View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ernie M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 29 2019 at 00:20
Thanks, NotaProg--

Here is my proposed BIO, perhaps you can add this after the BIO you already have, and/or edit if necessary. Thanks!!

Mormos History

Mormos was founded and directed by Jim Cuomo, who was the former bandleader of the psychedelic/electronic rock band Spoils of War. Around 1970, Cuomo was music director of La Mama Theatre Co. in NYC. While on tour in Paris, France with La Mama, Cuomo and the LaMama trio performed at Chez Jacques, and were offered a recording contract. Cuomo promptly returned to the States to recruit Spoils of War lead singer, Annie Hat, and fellow musicians Ernie Mansfield and Elliott Delman (who had been recording with Dan Fogelberg). They all flew back to Pars, and Mormos was formed.

From 1971 to 1973, Mormos was constantly performing in France, Switzerland, Belgium, and Holland. Mormos also performed and recorded with numerous other artists in France.

When Mormos disbanded in 1973, Annie Hat, Ernie Mansfield, and Elliott Delman returned to the States to join the SkyFarmer band. Sandy Spencer went on to tour with John Renbourne (of Pentangle fame). Jim Cuomo remained in Paris, performing and recording with numerous groups.

Recordings

Great Wall of China (Album)

Magic Stone/Hey Gilles (Single)

Paranoid Nightdress / Listen to the Flavour (Single)

The Magic Spell of Mother’s Wrath (Album)

Mormos - The Live Album (Album coming soon!)

Band Members and Instruments

Jim Cuomo - bandleader, domra, recorder, vocals, balalaika, clarinet*, saxophone*

Annie Hat Williams - lead vocals, bass*

Elliott Delman - guitar, vocals

Rick Ernest Mansfield - flutes, balalaika, piano*, harmonica*, percussion*

Sandy Spencer - Cello

Tobia Taylor - balalaika, zither, recorder, vocals (on first album only)

• Instruments played on The Magic Spell of Mother’s Wrath

This information is posted April, 2019 by Ernie Mansfield, member of Mormos, and most information can  be confirmed on Discogs or by the printed record jackets. For more information please contact [email protected]

mbzr48 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Discography Auditor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbzr48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2019 at 22:25
Originally posted by Logan Logan wrote:

It would help if you would provide the details (including external links and the correct cover).

Instead of fixing an error that no one even bothered to notify you but me, you asking me to do the work and I'm not in Errors & Omissions Team, sometimes I don't believe how ungrateful you can be instead of saying thank you!
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2019 at 14:24
mbzr48 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Discography Auditor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbzr48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2019 at 13:17
http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=62029

The name is wrong, (No need for 2019 and Blu-ray)
The Cover is not the cover
the time is not right, a mess
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2019 at 20:04
^ Thanks, Ernie.

You can't update bio directly, only Admins and Special Collabs have rights to update artist pages.

I would propose to add your info to current bio, then I'll update the page. If it will be necessary I'll ask Prog Folk team whether they agree with changes. If it's OK for you, please post your info here.

Current bio:
"Out of the remains of a super psychedelic rock band called SPOILS OF WAR, which develop an extra-cerebral rock containing dreamy folk rock, acid rock and electronic collages, and whose albums fetch fortunes, James Cuomo formed MORMOS. 

The group moved to France and concentrated on the European scene playing a folk-rock that was rather complementary to the kind of the old world. Their sound on the first album can be likened to Incredible String Band, while their excellent second album MAGIC SPELL OF MOTHER'S WRATH... delved into a mixture of jazz and folk, somehow stepping between The Pentangle and John Martyn. Their only two albums are highly revered in folk circles but certainly deserve the proghead's attention."
Ernie M View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ernie M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2019 at 14:27
Thanks, please call me Ernie,,

So, how do I update the Mormos page? Sorry for being such a newbie! I clicked on the links on that page, northing opened up. Thanks!!
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2019 at 16:54
^ Thanks, Richard.

We can't correct reviews, better contact Bob (ClemofNazareth). Only reviewers may correct their own reviews.

But if you'd like to update bio on MORMOS page, please post the text you suggest. This would be very helpful.
Ernie M View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ernie M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2019 at 14:51
http://www.progarchives.com/artist.asp?id=2816#videos

The link (above) should be the link to the Mormos albums, the errors I spotted were in the Reviews listed below the link.

My name is Richard Ernest Mansfield (aka Rick or Ernie Mansfield) and I was a member of Mormos from 1971 to 1973. There are some inaccuracies in the “history” of the Mormos as described by some reviewers, on this site and others, and so I would like to set the record straight.

In a review of Magic Spell of Mother’s Wrath, ClemofNazareth states, “a few of them [Mormos] wandered back to the U.S. to land in a more conventional rock group named Mountain Bus (and later renamed to SkyFarmer after they were not surprisingly sued by Leslie West and his Mountain crew).” This is not accurate. Mountain Bus had existed long before Leslie West and Mountain. (For more information about Mountain Bus and the lawsuit, visit their biography at AllMusic (https://www.allmusic.com/artist/mountain-bus-mn0000929366/biography). 

Mountain Bus had already been disbanded and re-formed into SkyFarmer by 1973, when Annie Hat, Elliott Delman, and myself joined the group.

Further, Annie Hat and Ann Linquist are two different people. Ann Linquist sang on one track of a SkyFarmer album. Annie Hat was lead singer of Mormos (and SkyFarmer). Annie Hat also played electric bass on the Magic Spell album. Richard Ernest Mansfield (ie, myself) played flute in the Mormos, not Annie.

Thank you!

Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2019 at 18:58
Originally posted by AFlowerKingCrimson AFlowerKingCrimson wrote:

Well, the reviewer didn't specify that. Also, live in studio could be considered live depending on how you want to look at it. I didn't see that so if you want to change it back it's up to you.
Let's consider it's live. Smile

Originally posted by AFlowerKingCrimson AFlowerKingCrimson wrote:

Not sure what is meant by "top albums." I thought you just list all of a bands studio albums in that section. 
I don't remember when "studio albums" were renamed to "top albums" (when looked from Admin panel they are "Major Releases"). I guess it was done to distinguish between "real" major releases and studio re-recordings like this one. The problem is that there is no category on PA for such re-recordings - they are not compilations or Fan Club releases, so they keep on staying in "top albums".

From the other hand, some live albums containing only new material might be moved to "top albums", but I'm afraid this will be a bit confusing.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2019 at 18:44
^ Thanks, Mayer, done.
mbzr48 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Discography Auditor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbzr48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2019 at 17:04
http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=61994

Dario Giannì - 5 strings Bass Guitars , Keyboards & Synth, Mellotron, Rhodes, Hammond, Moog 
Lorenzo Giannì - Lead & Rhythm Electric Guitars, 8 String Electric Guitar, 12 String Acoustic Guitar, Keyboards, Mellotron (6,9), Backing Vocals (4) 
Baco Dì Silenzio - Lead & Backing Vocals 
Salvo Crucitti - Drums
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 250251252253254 493>