Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Report errors & omissions here
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ERRORS THREAD Report Errors and Omissions Here

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 162163164165166 491>
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2016 at 09:16
^ Thanks, done.
Who are you and who am I to say we know the reason why... (D. Gilmour)
Per Kohler View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Per Kohler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2016 at 10:36
http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=49348

The album is still not released
Per Köhler
NotAProghead View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2016 at 10:57
^ Thanks, I'll ask admins let it live or die.
mbzr48 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Discography Auditor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbzr48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2016 at 09:25
http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=52082
Amalia's Theme
7:33
All the Pain in All the Wide World
10:09
Magnetism
7:29
Rings of Earth
8:41
Brittle Urchin
4:32
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2016 at 10:18
^ E&O Team : Thanks, done !
Per Kohler View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Per Kohler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2016 at 01:09
http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=13677

Total Time 34:17

http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=13678

Total Time 35:33
Per Köhler
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2016 at 02:48
^ In fact it's 34:57 and 38:13, respectively !
It's good to know your maths Wink

E&O Team : Thanks, done !

Edited by Quinino - July 15 2016 at 06:13
carlmarx38 View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carlmarx38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2016 at 08:03
   ANDERSON / STOLT - Invention of KNowledge album is NOT "Prog Related" !

Seems very odd to me, shouldn't this album belong in "Symphonic Prog" or a related Prog Sub-Genre ?

I can quote you probably about a dozen reviews (a couple of them here on your own site) in which the album as referred to as one of the most "Yes-Sounding" releases in years.  Obviously your decision to label it "Prog Related" prevents it from being included in the Album Polls. If that was your intention, I am just curious why you would deliberately try to exclude it from the other mainstream Prog releases in that section of your site.  The 2016 Album Poll is one of the main places I go to, when checking for new releases, and your categorization of this album outside of any prog sub-genre, blocks it out from inclusion there.

If you're going to keep it out of your regular prog listings, maybe while you're at it, you should just re-
categorize the Flower Kings as "Prog Related" and not Prog !

Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2016 at 08:51
^ Good question, I can just try starting to answer saying - it's because the artist (not the album) is classified that way, then all his works get the same tag.

Does this lead to strange situations ?
Yes it does, specially artists/bands with a career spanning somewhat different styles/genres, which then get all classified the same way.

Life is cruel Exclamation

Have fun and enjoy the music (excellent album, BTW) Big smile

Edited by Quinino - July 15 2016 at 08:53
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carlmarx38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2016 at 09:02
   Oh Well. At least they put in a link for the "Top 100 Prog Related" albums,

http://www.progarchives.com/subgenre.asp?style=38&top=100

so we can see how "Olias of Sunhillow" is faring in relation to other SIMILAR albums by Metallica, Led Zeppelin, and Queen (It is currently ranked #36, just behind "And Justice for All" and "Houses of the Holy") !

and incidentally the Anderson/Stolt album is already ranked #61 in that poll with only 60 ratings !
mbzr48 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Discography Auditor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbzr48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2016 at 10:05
http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=51886

Why is it under Singles/EP? It's a regular studio album!
http://morier.bandcamp.com/
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2016 at 10:21
^ Please notice that the category mentions also Fan Club/Promo besides Singles / EP...
A link would be helpful  (bandcamp page doesn't add much, I'm afraid)

But I suspect you may be right Big smile

Edited by Quinino - July 15 2016 at 10:22
mbzr48 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Discography Auditor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbzr48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2016 at 10:53
Originally posted by Quinino Quinino wrote:

^ Please notice that the category mentions also Fan Club/Promo besides Singles / EP...
A link would be helpful  (bandcamp page doesn't add much, I'm afraid)

But I suspect you may be right Big smile

Bandcamp is their web site only, it is very strait forward album ONE, album TWO and NOWHERE does it say EP!
Just because no one is only 33 minutes and the other is 72 that doesn't make it EP if it doesn't say so and if it is longer then 30 minutes, unless the band calls it EP it's an album 
Guests View Drop Down
Forum Guest Group
Forum Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2016 at 11:05
^It says in the biography that the record 'One' is an EP, the other resource is metal-archives where it's also listed as EP. Since there is not a lot of other info about the band at all, it's not unreasonable to leave it as it is.
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2016 at 11:10
^^I'll wait for Eugene, then, he's more experienced and surely will be willing to decide and make the move.
Thanks
Edit:
^ What if our friend who made the inclusion (and wrote the Bio) based himself, and reproduced, an initial error of Metal-Archives ?
 It wouldn't be the first similar case, here or elsewhere, and at this moment I am more than suspicious of these chain mistakes.

Edited by Quinino - July 15 2016 at 11:16
NotAProghead View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2016 at 12:10
^^^ I think it's OK to keep it as EP - 31 minutes by today's standards is usually an EP.
Anyway in case of the band with only 2 releases it's not a brainer for those who interested to check the entire discography. Wink
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carlmarx38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2016 at 13:45
Originally posted by carlmarx38 carlmarx38 wrote:

ANDERSON / STOLT - Invention of KNowledge album is NOT "Prog Related" !

Seems very odd to me, shouldn't this album belong in "Symphonic Prog" or a related Prog Sub-Genre ?

I can quote you probably about a dozen reviews (a couple of them here on your own site) in which the album as referred to as one of the most "Yes-Sounding" releases in years.  Obviously your decision to label it "Prog Related" prevents it from being included in the Album Polls. If that was your intention, I am just curious why you would deliberately try to exclude it from the other mainstream Prog releases in that section of your site.  The 2016 Album Poll is one of the main places I go to, when checking for new releases, and your categorization of this album outside of any prog sub-genre, blocks it out from inclusion there.

If you're going to keep it out of your regular prog listings, maybe while you're at it, you should just re-
categorize the Flower Kings as "Prog Related" and not Prog !    

just trying to keep this Anderson/Stolt issue fresh, because I don't know how long it takes for these things to get changed. My main reason for posting is because it's frustrating to not see this album listed under the listings for the "Best Prog Album of 2016" even though it is showing a healthy 4.16 / 5.0 with 60 ratings posted already. 

Have the administrators ever considered including the "Prog Related" albums in the Album Polls ? That would solve my dilemma somewhat, even if the powers that be are unable to see that Anderson/Stolt is very much a "Symphonic Prog" outfit.
Guests View Drop Down
Forum Guest Group
Forum Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2016 at 14:15
^The symphonic team will be considering putting Anderson & Stolt as an separate artist, after that we'll see how it goes.
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carlmarx38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2016 at 14:33
Originally posted by historian9 historian9 wrote:

^The symphonic team will be considering putting Anderson & Stolt as an separate artist, after that we'll see how it goes.

Thanks for your interest in addressing this.....while you're at it, any chance of addressing my other inquiry on including "Prog Related" bands/albums in the Polls (or of finding a new home for "Jon Anderson".....incidentally, your "Prog Related" Jon was just voted PROG GOD OF 2016 by Prog magazine) ? !!
Guests View Drop Down
Forum Guest Group
Forum Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2016 at 14:49
^What polls are you talking about specifically?

I'm not familiar with Jon's solo discography so I don't know how much he fits the prog related category, but if his solo career isn't all that much of prog rock then it fits fine that he sits in that kind of category with the rest of the artists who made an large impact on prog rock but in their solo career they aren't that clear cut as genres go.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 162163164165166 491>