Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Report errors & omissions here
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ERRORS THREAD Report Errors and Omissions Here

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 215216217218219 493>
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2018 at 20:43
Changed to this one

But now the previous "bad angle" photo is shown. Confused
Who are you and who am I to say we know the reason why... (D. Gilmour)
yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yam yam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2018 at 21:01
^ Lol! LOL

Edit: It's fine in IE11...Obviously a Chrome 'thing'.

Edited by yam yam - May 29 2018 at 21:10
NotAProghead View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2018 at 21:22
^ Yes, it's OK in IE.
yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yam yam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2018 at 21:41
Chrome stores the parts of a webpage it considers to be 'semi-permanent' in our off-line caches to reduce the time it takes for the pages to load. I guess it wasn't expecting three changes of that particular photo to occur in a matter of just a few hours! LOL
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2018 at 00:46
^ Bad programming anyway.
mbzr48 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Discography Auditor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbzr48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2018 at 10:01
http://www.progarchives.com/artist.asp?id=9828

The band changed their name to Hollowscene

http://www.banaau.com/ check the article "

From Banaau to Hollowscene

Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2018 at 16:23
^ Thanks, I'll contact Symphonic team, it's up to them to decide.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2018 at 16:53
^^ Thanks, Symphonic team changed the name to Banaau / Hollowscene.
Aussie-Byrd-Brother View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie-Byrd-Brother Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2018 at 07:20
Hey there guys, I hope you can help. When I added LA DOTTRINA DEGLI OPPOSTI to the site earlier in the week, I accidently created them with a spelling mistake, (`OpposIti' instead of `Opposti'), and despite updating it right away on the Admin page, the error seems to be locked into the link when posted. Is there any way you guys might have a magic touch to be able to alter that `behind the scenes'? I'm very embarrassed about it and feels it's a let-down to the band. The link is here.

http://www.progarchives.com/artist.asp?id=10507

The spelling is correct on the page, but I'm referring to when, say for instance, you go to paste that above link into Facebook, the spelling in the preview window is still incorrect.

(It's strange, I've made spelling mistakes before in band names when adding them, then raced back in and updated them, and usually within a few hours or a day the `new' correction takes effect, so I'm not sure what has happened this time around).

Or would deleting the page and creating a new one from scratch be an option? There's no reviews yet, although their CD does have 9 votes so far. I have all the info saved, so it would all be easily re-added.

Sorry to have to bug you with this, fellas, and I'd greatly appreciate any help or advice.

Edited by Aussie-Byrd-Brother - June 08 2018 at 07:22
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2018 at 07:51
^ Michael, I don't get the problem.
The name is correct - LA DOTTRINA DEGLI OPPOSTI.

Perhaps bandcamp page https://altrockproductions.bandcamp.com/album/arrivederci-sogni would suit better, but I'm not sure.

What has to be changed?

Edited by NotAProghead - June 08 2018 at 07:55
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie-Byrd-Brother Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2018 at 08:04
Yes, on the page itself the name is correct.

However, if the band or whoever goes to link to their page, it still comes up as the following with the incorrect spelling:

Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2018 at 08:20
^ Oh, now I see what you mean. If I place the link on my FB page I see the same OPPOSITI.

Seems nothing we can do about it, within few days it will be "autocorrected".
Or, as you said before, deleting the page and creating a new one should help because the link will be changed.

Edited by NotAProghead - June 08 2018 at 08:21
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie-Byrd-Brother Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2018 at 08:22
Yes, that's right! Would you be happy to delete it?

I literally have all the details saved and can add them back within a few minutes, the only problem will be the album/CD ratings will be lost. There's currently no reviews of it however, which helps a little.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2018 at 08:45
^ I would be happy, but it's beyond me, even Admins can't help. Only almighty M@X has the privelege to delete bands.

There is a simple trick - delete the contents of the page, add the band as a new artist (with new ID) and ask M@X to delete old page. I don't know though how to contact M@X (via PM, some Admin or in the forum). 
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie-Byrd-Brother Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2018 at 09:26
Thanks, NotA. I'll give it another day, and if still no-go, I'll add the second version of the page and then hopefully get the original deleted.

Sorry for all the run-around, mate, I'm seriously ticked off I messed it up in the first place. But very much appreciated for your help and advice.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2018 at 09:30
^ It's always good to wait a couple of days, sometimes problems disappear by themselves. Smile
yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yam yam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2018 at 14:56
^ Agreed. I've posted links to various web pages on facebook in the past which have resulted in an old preview image of the linked web page being displayed on the site. A few days later the image usually gets updated to the correct one.
Guests View Drop Down
Forum Guest Group
Forum Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2018 at 15:10
^Just a reminder to everyone if you're gonna be adding another page, keep a tab on the old page and exchange it with another new band that needs to be added, do not count on admins or M@X that the old page will be deleted.
mbzr48 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Discography Auditor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbzr48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2018 at 09:50
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2018 at 10:37
^ Thanks, done.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 215216217218219 493>