Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Report errors & omissions here
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ERRORS THREAD Report Errors and Omissions Here

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 174175176177178 491>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 27 2016 at 13:08
Originally posted by mbzr48 mbzr48 wrote:

http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=53587

1. The Outlaw and the Sioux (17:01)
I. Monument Valley
II. Grit and Gun
III. The Way of the Wolf and the Bear
IV. How the Tables Turned
V. The Butte and the Bow
VI. Debt Repaid
VII. Justified

Total Time 17:01

E&O Team: Done, thanks !
Tuzvihar View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tuzvihar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 27 2016 at 13:53

5.00 | 2 ratings On Air

5.00 | 1 ratings On Air (Deluxe Edition)

This doesn't make sense. These two entries should be merged into one IMHO.

Edited by Tuzvihar - December 27 2016 at 15:18
"Music is much like f**king, but some composers can't climax and others climax too often, leaving themselves and the listener jaded and spent."

Charles Bukowski
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 27 2016 at 15:04
^ This one's for you, Eugene - on a similar case you decided against my suggestion of "merging", so for the sake of consistency ... (I'm waiting) ... Geek

http://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=59458&PID=5395765#5395765

Edited by Quinino - December 27 2016 at 15:06
Tuzvihar View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tuzvihar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 27 2016 at 15:23
^ The Deluxe Edition was added by Eugene himself actually... So, I think the verdict's known. Wink
But I had to express my opinion nonetheless.

Edited by Tuzvihar - December 27 2016 at 15:23
"Music is much like f**king, but some composers can't climax and others climax too often, leaving themselves and the listener jaded and spent."

Charles Bukowski
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 27 2016 at 15:30
Same here, my friend, and I'm used to respect his opinions (even when I don't agree, which is rare)
But now and then it's my turn to be right Geek Cry

Edited by Quinino - December 27 2016 at 15:32
mbzr48 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Discography Auditor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbzr48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 28 2016 at 18:04
http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=47790

The name of this EP is "Silent Knowledge" not "Metamorphosis"

https://metam.bandcamp.com/album/silent-knowledge
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 29 2016 at 14:32
^
E&O Team: Done, thanks !

(The fact you persist not providing clickable links is an ongoing mystery that keeps me awake with strange thoughts Confused)

Edited by Quinino - December 29 2016 at 14:40
Dryad View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dryad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2016 at 13:47
Hello, I'm Chris Phillips and Earthstone is my project, the entry for which on Prog Archives is way out of date, and some of the text is not accurate:

1. The photo you're using was a test image I uploaded to a Myspace website which no longer exists, and although it features me and Paul Redden, Paul is no longer working with me on this project due to his other commitments. Please replace it with the B&W one on my Facebook page (see below).

2. For now, the official website is a Facebook page. It's at:

https://www.facebook.com/Earthstone-323626367774252/ 

Please see the full bio there if more information is needed.

3. I was never a full member of Stealing the Fire, but simply played bass on one track.

4. Hot Ice and Wonderous Strange Snow was definitely NOT a follow-up to Seed. The follow-up, as you correctly state, will be These Are The Days That Were which is to be released on Gnome Records around autumn  2017. Exact date to be confirmed.

5. Earthstone had adopted a Pagan approach for Seed, but has long since moved on.

6. Influences are not as stated, but are Pink Floyd, Van der Graaf Generator and early Caravan.

Many thanks

Chris
NotAProghead View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2016 at 19:32
^ Thanks, Chris, photo and webpage changed.

As for changes in the bio, it would be helpful to have the whole corrected text instead of 4 remarks.
Who are you and who am I to say we know the reason why... (D. Gilmour)
Dryad View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dryad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 31 2016 at 10:35
Thanks for changing the photo. Here's the new text, as requested.

cheers,

Chris

EARTHSTONE began as a Chris Phillips solo project. After the breakup of his latest band, Ranata Spirit, in 1984 he decided the only way to make the music he liked was to do it alone. Over time, he wrote music, and made home recordings. It was almost ten years before the original dream started to become a reality. However, when the deal with Kinesis came through, Phillips realized he needed some help. Chris Bond had been working with Phillips on some other projects, so he became the other official member of the band. "Seed" was released by Kinesis in 1994. Mark Richards (ex-Ranata Spirit) does play guitar on one track, but this was really a two-man operation. Phillips did 95% of the instrumental work, and all the vocals. Bond provided some keyboards, and co-wrote the lyrics on half of the songs. The drums were programmed, which would become the biggest sore spot for many listeners, especially Phillips. Even though the album was reviewed favorably, and they sold all of the original pressings, Phillips is very disappointed with the final product.

On Earthstone's Facebook page, Phillips states:

'I originally conceived the idea of Earthstone back in the autumn of 1984 after the break-up of Ranata Spirit. The intention was to create something that would be permanent, and not be subject to the usual self-destructive arguments over musical direction and creative input. I wanted there to be something I could always use to express my own ideas without having them diluted and transmogrified until their original meaning is lost. For me, music is a very personal way of conveying deep-seated thoughts to others, and in that sense, it must remain unchanged from my original idea. A number of home recorded songs were made, but none released commercially.'

'Through my involvement in Ranata Spirit and later Silas and the music we produced that found its way around the world, contact was made with Larry Kolota at Kinesis Discs in the USA. By this time, I was already working on my Earthstone project with Chris Bond, who was sound fx and sound man with Silas and had now set up Burning Chrome studio in his home. Larry approached us originally with the idea of re-releasing some of the material from my old bands, but through discussions, he agreed to release an Earthstone album instead. As Chris Bond owned his studio, and that I had no way of paying for his time, we came to an arrangement to share some of the creative input for the Seed album, with a 60/40 split on the lyrics and Chris' occasional input on the music side. For two reasons, this arrangement was later to be a lasting regret for me; firstly Chris Bond, who loved music but was at that time not a musician by any stretch of the imagination, found it hard to comprehend what I was trying to do. His musical input was minimal in that it amounted to the occasional keyboard line or a sample added in his own time, but which more often than not resulted in changing the mood of the song. Secondly, using a mixture of drum machines and drum samples gave the album a highly synthetic feel, which was entirely against my approach. Chris Bond, however, was very much in favour of their use, being an enthusiast of electronica generally. To use a rather bizarre analogy; I was looking for a musical equivalent of a night spent in woodland in the Yorkshire Dales during a particularly spectacular display of the northern lights, but ended up spending a cold winter's day in an Icelandic crystal cave full of frozen snow statues.'

'Overall, I was (and still am) unhappy with how Seed turned out. Only Whitlingham Lane and In the Winter of Night (the only two without any creative involvement from Chris Bond) came close to what I envisaged for the album, along with parts of some of the others. The inclusion of Unicorn Home was entirely against my wishes; primarily because, lyrically, it was out of place on the album, but also because it was actually an old Silas song which I never really liked. However, Chris Bond insisted it went on in the interests of his lyrical contribution. Chris and I have been very good friends for decades and remain so to this day, but due to our difference in musical tastes we are unlikely to work together on future Earthstone recordings in this manner again.'

Although Kinesis Records' door was open for another EARTHSTONE album, Phillips and Bond realized that their musical vision was too different. Chris Bond went on to form Stealing the Fire, his own studio band, and released an album on his own label, titled "Hot Ice and Wondrous Strange Snow", on which Phillips features on bass on one track.

Chris Phillips states that EARTHSTONE never disbanded, since it has been an idea in motion since 1984. He has also never entirely ruled out working with Chris Bond for a future Earthstone album. However, recent news doesn't make that a likely proposition. Chris Phillips is currently working on a follow-up to seed, titled "These Are the Days That Were" which is set for release in the autumn of 2017 on the Gnome Records label.

Influences range from Pink Floyd and Van der Graaf Generator to early Caravan. The new album is to be based on retro instrumentation (Hammond organ, Mellotron and even valve tape recorders), and modern recording techniques.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 02 2017 at 18:02
^ Thanks, Chris, done.

Though the part about new album is short-living:
"Chris Phillips states that EARTHSTONE never disbanded, since it has been an idea in motion since 1984. He has also never entirely ruled out working with Chris Bond for a future Earthstone album. However, recent news doesn't make that a likely proposition. Chris Phillips is currently working on a follow-up to seed, titled "These Are the Days That Were" which is set for release in the autumn of 2017 on the Gnome Records label.

Influences range from Pink Floyd and Van der Graaf Generator to early Caravan. The new album is to be based on retro instrumentation (Hammond organ, Mellotron and even valve tape recorders), and modern recording techniques."

Soon, in winter 2017, it will become obsolete (if the album will be released) or incorrect (in case of delay, changing the title, record label etc).

I prefer something that needs no changes in near future, but don't know how to rearrange this part. Any ideas are welcome.
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 03 2017 at 05:29
^ I totally share your principle, Eugene, but here would apply the  K.I.S.S. rule - just omit those parts OR leave it as it is

(When the album finally comes out then the E&O Squad will have the chance to do their dirty work) LOL

Edited by Quinino - January 03 2017 at 05:29
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 03 2017 at 08:31
^ Jose, I've kept it as it is, but if there will be good ideas we'll change this part.

Actually many bios on PA contain parts like "in 2007 new album is planned". Smile 
Dryad View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dryad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 03 2017 at 10:58
I see what you mean. This second album has been a very long time coming! I'm planning to have it released by the Autumn, but there is a reasonable chance it will be delayed (again). Perhaps 'Chris Phillips is currently working on a follow-up to Seed, titled "These Are the Days That Were" which is set for release later in the year on the Gnome Records label.'.   That way it will always make sense...even in 2024!
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 03 2017 at 12:07
^ OK, done.

But please don't relax - I hope the album will see the light of day this year and "Chris Phillips is currently working on a follow-up..." will be yesterday's news. Wink
Dryad View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dryad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 03 2017 at 13:43
Excellent, many thanks. I'm working on it right now. Thumbs Up
Dopeydoc View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dopeydoc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 05 2017 at 14:32
Just a mistake in Moongarden guitarist name on two albums (OK on the other pages)

http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=47204
http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=23648

should read "Cremoni"

Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 05 2017 at 14:42
Originally posted by Dopeydoc Dopeydoc wrote:

Just a mistake in Moongarden guitarist name on two albums (OK on the other pages)

http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=47204
http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=23648

should read "Cremoni"

Hope the E&O team don't mind, but I fixed it myself since I have little else to do now. Thanks for informing us.
Just a fanboy passin' through.
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 05 2017 at 16:00
Just the opposite, thanks for the help... BUT - forget being admitted to our Squad anytime soon, you're still too green LOL

mbzr48 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Discography Auditor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbzr48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2017 at 11:35
http://www.progarchives.com/artist.asp?id=4243

The line up is missing from most of the albums, here it is!

- Mikko Aspa / Vocals
- Hasjarl / Guitar
- Khaos / Bass
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 174175176177178 491>