Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Report errors & omissions here
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ERRORS THREAD Report Errors and Omissions Here

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5960616263 491>
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Bearded Bard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2014 at 13:10
^ All done. Thanks.

BTW, on discogs the single's called "Got Together / Midnight Land", and on this site it's simly called "Midnight Land". Should the name be changed to one of these?

Edited by The Bearded Bard - February 28 2014 at 13:33
NotAProghead View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2014 at 20:16
^ Usually singles are called by their A-sides (which is confusing if there are several releases with different B-sides) or by both songs, A-side first.

I've changed the title to "Midnight Land / Got Together". Please let me know if it's not correct.

Edited by NotAProghead - February 28 2014 at 20:28
Who are you and who am I to say we know the reason why... (D. Gilmour)
alienshore View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alienshore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2014 at 07:45

Hello! I have for you a photo of French band Rahmann from their CD back cover.  

Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2014 at 07:58
^ Thanks, done.
Tuzvihar View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tuzvihar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2014 at 14:42
Originally posted by Tuzvihar Tuzvihar wrote:

Originally posted by siLLy puPPy siLLy puPPy wrote:

Ugh. Guess you can't quote yourself. It didn't come through. I was wondering if the CORNUCOPIA Full Horn album has gotten any progress being moved from jazz/fusion to krautrock for reasons stated a while back.. Question

Originally posted by siLLy puPPy siLLy puPPy wrote:

The German group CORNUCOPIA is listed here as jazz/fusion.
http://www.progarchives.com/artist.asp?id=1272

It's unanimous by everyone that this is Krautrock including by all the reviewers on PA

http://rateyourmusic.com/artist/cornucopia

http://www.discogs.com/Cornucopia-Full-Horn/release/1612175

http://www.krautrock-musikzirkus.de/de,Cornucopia-Hamburg_Full-Horn_728,N.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cornucopia_%28disambiguation%29

Well you get the drift

Ahh, got it. I guess as a newbie i'm never sure what's going on behind the scenes. Is there some kind of bulletin board that informs us that these things have taken place? Or do i just have to check back and one day see it magically switched over or not. Also is there a place where they notify of approved new artists to the archives?
Thanks!!!!
Star

Cornucopia Full Horn album cover

This is for the genre teams to decide. The E&O Team cannot (well, technically they can) move bands.

EDIT: I informed the teams in question. Now we have to wait for their verdict...

It's been moved! Smile
"Music is much like f**king, but some composers can't climax and others climax too often, leaving themselves and the listener jaded and spent."

Charles Bukowski
Per Kohler View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Per Kohler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2014 at 04:10
http://www.progarchives.com/bands-alpha.asp?letter=h

Helmerson, Anders comes from country Sweden and not Brazil
Per Köhler
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2014 at 09:15
^ Thanks, I think you're right.
Though as I see from his bio, Anders Helmerson changed countries many times: Sweden, Denmark, Brazil, UK.
I'll contact Symphonic Team for their opinion.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2014 at 15:25
^^ My request to Symphonic Team:
Originally posted by NotAProghead NotAProghead wrote:

Per Köhler's suggestion to change ANDERS HELMERSON's (http://www.progarchives.com/artist.asp?id=3025) country:
"Helmerson, Anders comes from country Sweden and not Brazil".

I've read the artists bio on his website, the guy travelled a lot. Some quotes:
"Born in Sweden in May 1959, ..... In the 1970's, Helmerson played in various short-lived bands and studied classical music in Denmark and Sweden...

After that episode, which occurred in 1978, he spent the next three years working on his debut album, "The End of Illusion," which was completed in 1981. The album didn't take off with respect to sales, so Helmerson took off instead. He sold his instruments and moved to Canada...

... Helmerson returned to Sweden in 1987 and entered medical school. During this period, "The End Of Illusion" had become somewhat of a cult-hit and was sought after by many people, so Helmerson cut a re-release deal with France's Musea Records in 1995. Still, he did not return to music. In the five years that followed, Helmerson worked as a surgeon in Copenhagen, a GP in Norway and a ship's doctor on a cruise-ship, sailing all over the world. He eventually discoveredRio de Janeiro, where he finally found a home. It was also the catalyst for his reintroduction to and concentration on music once again. With a range of Brazilian artists and the backing of one of Brazil's premier progressive labels, Som Interior Productions, Helmerson recorded the album, "Fields Of Inertia". The album was recorded in Rio between January and June 2001, ...

Helmerson now calls London home and has since 2001. ..."

It seems logical to consider ANDERS HELMERSON a Swedish artist, but I think Symphonic Team opinion is necessary.

And their answer:
Originally posted by Ivan_Melgar_M Ivan_Melgar_M wrote:

He'd took Brazilian Nationality, recorded in Brazil, with Brazilian artists.

We checked this before and decided to follow the nationality he took.

Iván 
siLLy puPPy View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
PSIKE, JRF/Canterbury, P Metal, Eclectic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2014 at 18:54
Here's something that's been bugging me since i joined this site. When i write reviews and insert a hyphen, it shows up as a question mark. I see it happens for everyone. What UP?!!!
The Bearded Bard View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Bearded Bard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2014 at 14:31
^ Everyone? I have yet to come across that problem.

Anyway, this thread is for reporting errors and omissions in the database.

I suggest looking/searching for a thread regarding questions about reviews, or making a thread about your hyphen-problem, here.
ProgShine View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProgShine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2014 at 12:23
Now, here's the thing. (I don't remember, but I think we have a thread for this, sorry for posting here).

Someone (mbzr48) added a new Alpha II album. BUT, this is just a reedition of their 86 album.

Here's the new entry: http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=44989

And here's the Mellow Bandcamp page for the album (that also shows another reedition): http://mellowrecords.bandcamp.com/album/alpha-iii-sombras

Can someone delete this and merge with the old one? Smile
https://progshinerecords.bandcamp.com

Andy Webb View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy Webb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2014 at 12:24
Gone, thanks.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2014 at 21:30
Originally posted by The Bearded Bard The Bearded Bard wrote:

^ Everyone? I have yet to come across that problem.

Anyway, this thread is for reporting errors and omissions in the database.

I suggest looking/searching for a thread regarding questions about reviews, or making a thread about your hyphen-problem, here.

Well maybe not everyone. Bad choice of words. But i do see question marks around randomly where a hyphen is more logical. I posted here because i deemed this an error. BTW all the links you all left afterwards don't work for me. Maybe it's must my computer doing this? I know they have idiosyncratic tendencies.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2014 at 21:32
I take that back. It is now working. Thanks :)
M27Barney View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M27Barney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2014 at 10:12
Right Then - genesis Seconds out - I think that the time for Carpet crawl should be clocking in at 5:12 with my stopwatch on the track!
and I think that Hackett plays a Hokada 12 string...
Thanks.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2014 at 11:06
^ Thanks, done: http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=1513.

The album has more than 50 reissues, tracks' times slightly differ in different editions, so I chose times from 1977 original double LP: http://www.discogs.com/Genesis-Seconds-Out/release/4407284.
Sagichim View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sagichim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2014 at 08:18
Iron Maiden's Bio is scrambled.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2014 at 09:41
^ Thanks, done.
tendst View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tendst Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2014 at 15:05
... please add tracklist to the album Loch Ness 1988 Loch Ness, thanks.
http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=34131

1. Finding the Moon (4:57)
2. Espeses I (4:28)
3. Espeses II (4:18)
4. Espeses III (5:56)
5. 20,000 Ojos (5:21)
6. El Apostil y el Sapo (6:38)
7. Escalenosandwich (6:50)

Total Time: 38:28
"Nabu-ku-du-ur-ri-usur sar Babili"
The Bearded Bard View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Bearded Bard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2014 at 15:43
^ Done. Thanks.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5960616263 491>