Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Report errors & omissions here
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ERRORS THREAD Report Errors and Omissions Here

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6061626364 491>
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kev rowland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2014 at 20:25
Guys

One of the albums listed for Winter is actually by an American doom band of the same name. I have checked on MMA where it is listed in both the originals and the Nuclear Blast reissue. When it was added someone must have seen the name and thought it was the same, so just gave the same musician line-up as on the 'official' release. The album that needs to be deleted is http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=44807 (I don't have access).

BTW - I have been swapping emails with the original keyboard player all week so hope to be providing a more complete biography soon. I have also added the cassette only release from 1993.
All five volumes of The Progressive Underground now available
https://www.amazon.com/Kev-Rowland/e/B07RJVRB2X
NotAProghead View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2014 at 22:53
Winter or summer? Here is the WINTER page: http://www.progarchives.com/artist.asp?id=1970.
Which album?
Who are you and who am I to say we know the reason why... (D. Gilmour)
kev rowland View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kev rowland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2014 at 23:44
Originally posted by NotAProghead NotAProghead wrote:

Winter or summer? Here is the WINTER page: http://www.progarchives.com/artist.asp?id=1970.
Which album?

I put the link in, but not as a hyper, sorry. It is the only full-length album shown. Just the EP and the cassette are the valid ones.

Cheers
All five volumes of The Progressive Underground now available
https://www.amazon.com/Kev-Rowland/e/B07RJVRB2X
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2014 at 09:08
^ Sorry, I haven't noticed the link.
Thanks, reported to Andy Webb.
octopus-4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl,Neo & Post/Math Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote octopus-4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2014 at 01:02
The English translationsfrom Italian  of the songs titles of the Battisti's album currently on the home page are almost all wrong, but I don't think it's a site's policy translating titles at all.

Curiosity killed a cat, Schroedinger only half.
My poor home recorded stuff at https://yellingxoanon.bandcamp.com
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2014 at 16:45
^ As my embrionic Italian tells me translations may be not perfect but more or less good.
At least these ones are quite correct:
04. E penso a te / And I think of you
06. Due mondi / Two Worlds
07. Vento nel vento / Wind in the wind
08. Innocenti evasioni / Innocent evasion
09. Ancora tu / You again
14. Perche no / Why not

The site policy allows to have translations divided by "/" with original titles.
I propose to leave this addition as it is. Of course adding release information, tracks' times and line-ups (I doubt only 3 musicians involved in these records) are welcome.
octopus-4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote octopus-4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2014 at 17:12
01. Mi ritorni in mente / I return in mind is "You come back to my mind"
10. Amore mio di provincia / Love of my province - This is a question of meaning. "di provincia" is used to indicate somebody coming from the country or from a small town, not from a big city. To preserve the meaning something like "my smalltown love" would give the idea better.
11. Dove arriva quel cespuglio / Where did you get that bush "Where that bush arrives"

Plus some minor erros like "evasioni" which is plural, so "evasions" but also in this case it could be better translated as "escapes".

I don't know anything else about the album which is a compilation taken from God knows which tapes. I haven't found any information even from Italian websites and I'm not sure that it's an official release. 

I will check better.
octopus-4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote octopus-4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2014 at 17:16
I have found something: the album Hegel was recorded in London by the same lineup. It's possible that they have recorded some old Battisti's songs in that period. This may be where this compilation is from. 
The Bearded Bard View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Bearded Bard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2014 at 18:06
^ Seems like this is the same album. Originally released in 2000, on the Numero Uno label. No track times or line-up info though.
presdoug View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote presdoug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2014 at 21:40
There are a couple of errors in the Triumvirat bio of Ivan's that I wanted to point out.

1) The band's success in the USA before the release of 1975's album Spartacus was not "elusive". The 1974 album Illusions On A Double Dimple sold well there, and their resultant 1974 tour with Fleetwood Mac was a success as well.

2) There is a specific and important known reason why the 2002 record was not released. Jurgen Fritz stated that the record company that handled it initially went broke.

Otherwise, this is a very good bio, thanks, Ivan.

http://www.progarchives.com/artist.asp?id=392

Edited by presdoug - March 25 2014 at 08:22
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2014 at 09:49
^ Thanks. Technically I can make changes in TRIUMVIRAT bio, but it's rather Symphonic Team territory.
We (E&O Team) operate with other type of errors and leave facts and their interpretations to genre teams. 

Please send PM to Ivan. If he agrees he'll update the bio.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2014 at 10:04
Originally posted by The Bearded Bard The Bearded Bard wrote:

^ Seems like this is the same album. Originally released in 2000, on the Numero Uno label. No track times or line-up info though.

Thanks, Audun. Definitely it's the same album.
I've changed the year to 2000, changed the cover, mentioned 2014 reissue, added times (following your link I saw they are available in one of the pictures).
Obviously the line-up info is incomplete, so I've added: "- Other musicians / NA". 
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2014 at 10:19
Originally posted by octopus-4 octopus-4 wrote:

I don't know anything else about the album which is a compilation taken from God knows which tapes. I haven't found any information even from Italian websites and I'm not sure that it's an official release. 
As we've sorted out, it's an official 2000 compilation and its 2014 reissue.

01. Mi ritorni in mente / I return in mind is "You come back to my mind"

Plus some minor erros like "evasioni" which is plural, so "evasions" but also in this case it could be better translated as "escapes". 
I agree, changed track 1 to Mi ritorni in mente / You come back to my mind (3:41)
and track 8 to Innocenti evasioni / Innocent evasions

10. Amore mio di provincia / Love of my province - This is a question of meaning. "di provincia" is used to indicate somebody coming from the country or from a small town, not from a big city. To preserve the meaning something like "my smalltown love" would give the idea better.
11. Dove arriva quel cespuglio / Where did you get that bush "Where that bush arrives"
Track 10 - if you can translate the title correctly, please change it on the album page.

Track 11 - perhaps it's my poor knowledge of English but I don't understand how bush (not the former US president Smile)  can arrive. Confused

About translations in general - it was discussed on PA some time ago and Ivan said that we should use "official" translations (i.e. if they present on the album cover). 2000 CD cover has no translations, I don't know about 2014 reissue. So the other way to solve the problem is to delete translations if you'd like.

Edited by NotAProghead - March 25 2014 at 10:20
presdoug View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote presdoug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2014 at 11:32

^ Thanks. Technically I can make changes in TRIUMVIRAT bio, but it's rather Symphonic Team territory.
We (E&O Team) operate with other type of errors and leave facts and their interpretations to genre teams. 

Thanks for your reply, I PMed Ivan about it.
aaroncliftmusic View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aaroncliftmusic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2014 at 16:06
There are a few mistakes on the artist page for The Aaron Clift Experiment (http://www.progarchives.com/artist.asp?id=8311):

--Bio has some typos: it should read "summer of 2012."  Also, the guitarist who replaced Jim Ragland was Danny Brymer.  Danny's last name is misspelled as "Bryme."

--Bio needs to be updated to state that Danny Brymer left the band in August 2013 and was replaced by Eric Gutierrez, who is The Aaron Clift Experiment's current guitarist.

--Artist photo on the Prog Archives artist page is not the most up-to-date band publicity photo.  Most current band picture can be found here: http://aaronclift.com/wp-content/uploads/Group-Main-438x246.jpg (this photo is also the main picture on the band's social media pages and official web site).

Thanks in advance for your help with these corrections!

Edited by aaroncliftmusic - March 25 2014 at 16:12
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2014 at 17:20
^ Thanks, done.

As I understand, you're a band member. Aren't you?
presdoug View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote presdoug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2014 at 20:38
Originally posted by presdoug presdoug wrote:

Thanks for your reply, I PMed Ivan about it.
Got a response from Ivan, sort of. He does not agree with my first point, but failed to respond to my second one. There are also some grammatical errors in the bio as well.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2014 at 21:25
^ We can correct grammatical errors without asking genre teams.Smile
I don't see many though.

Maybe these ones:
1.  And then, tragedy hit the band, Helmut died in his car by poisoning with carbon monoxide fumes while listening his latest tapes, this really affected Jürgen, who had to gather all his strange to keep the band alive, and what better way than recording a new.
- Obviously "strength" instead of "strange".
and what better way than recording a new - something's wrong with this phrase.

2. The story of TRIUMVIRAT should had ended here, but Jürgen wasn't ready to let it go, so with several musicians released the inferior "A La Carte" (1978) and the even weaker "Russian Roulette", that was the end of "The Rat".
- I guess it should be "the rat" (without capital letters).

If you'd like to post corrected text, please post it in this thread.
presdoug View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote presdoug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2014 at 06:32
yes, your examples are correct,  and I have others to post:

"On 1969,"   should read "In 1969,"

"Werner Frangenberg in the bass" should read "Werner Frangenberg on bass"

"Capitol Records USA heard it, and decided that was what they were looking" should read "Capitol Records USA heard it, and decided that was what they were looking for"

"what caused the departure of Bathelt and Palmer" should read "causing the departure of Bathelt and Palmer"

"Jurgen as the only member to work in another historical album" should read "Jurgen as the only original member decided to work on another historical album"

"while listening his latest tapes" should read "while listening to his latest tapes"

"The story of Triumvirat should had ended here" should read "The story of Triumvirat should have ended here"

Edited by presdoug - March 26 2014 at 06:38
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2014 at 07:07
^ Thanks, almost everything corrected.

Questions:
1. "what caused the departure of Bathelt and Palmer" should read "causing the departure of Bathelt and Palmer"
as a quartet they recorded "Old Love Dies Hard", the first non-conceptual album with really good passages, but the difference with "Spartacus" was obvious and they started to loose popularity, what caused the departure of Bathelt and Palmer
 - It seems we can leave it as it is (what caused the departure of Bathelt and Palmer). Or I'm wrong?

2.  ... this really affected Jürgen, who had to gather all his strength to keep the band alive, and what better way than recording a new.
- I see that there is something wrong in "what better way than recording a new", but don't know how to change it. Any suggestions?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6061626364 491>