Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Report errors & omissions here
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ERRORS THREAD Report Errors and Omissions Here

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 491>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExittheLemming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2012 at 17:57
Originally posted by NotAProghead NotAProghead wrote:

^ It's easy to check - rate it and then delete the rating. Smile
Though I'm almost sure it will be rated more than once before April 27. 

Just looked at the text formatting on the Progarchives Review Guidelines section on the album page where it looks as though the quote character(") is being displayed as � in error. e.g.

Do not use abbreviations or �texting� language

I'll alert Max to this pronto.

but yes, it's gonna be hammered before the release date by the 'raters only' brigade
NotAProghead View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2012 at 18:03
^ I'm afraid reviewers come soon too. 
Who are you and who am I to say we know the reason why... (D. Gilmour)
ExittheLemming View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExittheLemming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2012 at 18:09
^ You and I are well versed in such shenanigans and the usual rule should apply - if they disclose the source of their review copy is a legit one (say, a promo) we would let the review stay. You're right though, these things are becoming harder and harder to control. Many eagerly awaited albums appear in their entirety on You Tube prior to release and there's squat we can do about it.Ouch
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2012 at 18:16
Originally posted by BarryGlibb BarryGlibb wrote:

I made a boo boo in the Horslips additions. For the Exiles/Spleed the Plough 7 inch single, I inadvertantly put it in their albums' section. May this please be rectified? I promise not to make a mistake again.

Thanks, done. We all make mistakes from time to time. Please give links in future. Smile
Guests View Drop Down
Forum Guest Group
Forum Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2012 at 18:36
First I messed up when adding this one http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=36659

The release year should be 2012 and the track listing should be changed to this:

Coochie Brake:
1. Theater Of Shadows (5:25)
2. The Noche Called My Nombe (3:19)
3. Gotta Believe (3:03)
4. Rot Of Ages (3:59)
5. Outside The Fence (3:49)
6. Tied To A Cactus (4:00)
7. Crocodile Tears (3:03)
8. Dead Man On The Floor (3:00)
9. Runaway (3:07)
10. Bitter Biter (4:19)
11. Please Don't Go (6:41)

Lying Horse Rock:
*12. Lying Horse Rock (7:09)
*13. West & Kembrell (19:36)

And this should be the release information:

*Ralph Records RZ1110 in 2011
MVD Audio MVD5294A in 2012
MVD Audio MVD5294LP in 2012

*Bonus CD only with limited fan club release in 2011

And as for the second problem, after some checking I think all of the next ones should be switched to singles/fanclub/promo cause they were all limited releases:

http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=36680
http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=20937
http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=8348
http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=8397

Edited by historian9 - February 16 2012 at 18:50
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExittheLemming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2012 at 02:58
^ Sorted innit Thumbs Up
Pekka View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pekka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2012 at 01:49
Wind & Wuthering release year, vol 2:

Now somebody has changed it back to 1977, even though for example Discogs lists a ton of 1976 editions: http://www.discogs.com/Genesis-Wind-Wuthering/master/29409

Is there an argument why a 76 release should be listed as a 77 release as it was changed back?
tendst View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tendst Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2012 at 03:36
the Michael Mantler album "the hapless child..." is from 1976, not 1972

source: official website
"Nabu-ku-du-ur-ri-usur sar Babili"
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExittheLemming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2012 at 03:59
Originally posted by Pekka Pekka wrote:

Now somebody has changed it back to 1977, even though for example Discogs lists a ton of 1976 editions: http://www.discogs.com/Genesis-Wind-Wuthering/master/29409

Is there an argument why a 76 release should be listed as a 77 release as it was changed back?

I'm not a Genesis expert or anything so I'm just going by Wiki here which states the album was released in December 76 in both the US and UK. I've changed it accordingly. Given the popularity of the band here on PA I'm sure some Charterhouse Anoraks will give me pelters if we're both mistaken Big smile
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExittheLemming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2012 at 04:06
Originally posted by tendst tendst wrote:

the Michael Mantler album "the hapless child..." is from 1976, not 1972

source: official website

Thanks, sorted. The album title was incorrect also (it's Inscrutable NOT IncrustableLOL)
Guldbamsen View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2012 at 04:08
^Nothing is incrustable! You just need the right temperature in your frying oil.
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExittheLemming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2012 at 04:15
^ Guldbamsen's Country Kitchen LOL
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2012 at 04:19
A regular smorgasbord of incrustable objects all served up with aioli and some gentle Residents tunes in the background... 
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
Pekka View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pekka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 19 2012 at 11:34
Originally posted by ExittheLemming ExittheLemming wrote:

I'm not a Genesis expert or anything so I'm just going by Wiki here which states the album was released in December 76 in both the US and UK. I've changed it accordingly. Given the popularity of the band here on PA I'm sure some Charterhouse Anoraks will give me pelters if we're both mistaken Big smile

Someone has sneaked behind our backs and changed it again to the wrong year Thumbs Down C'mon, what's wrong with the original release date? Angry
Tuzvihar View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tuzvihar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 19 2012 at 11:55

Originally posted by ExittheLemming ExittheLemming wrote:

Someone has sneaked behind our backs and changed it again to the wrong year Thumbs Down C'mon, what's wrong with the original release date? Angry

But this website http://www.genesis-discography.org says:

Released:
December 1976 / January 1977

and Steve Hackett's official website says 1977.

So? Confused
"Music is much like f**king, but some composers can't climax and others climax too often, leaving themselves and the listener jaded and spent."

Charles Bukowski
Pekka View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pekka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 19 2012 at 12:17
There's no source for the UK release date (Dec 23, 76) in Wikipedia unless the source for the US date is for the UK date as well, hard to say, well anyway I don't have access to the book it's referring to.

I believe Discogs is a pretty trustworthy source, so one could imagine that the story goes so that it was supposed to be released in late 76 everywhere, but the UK release (Jan 7, 77, says Discogs) was pushed back a bit. Being a British band many people might view the British release date as the "official" date even though it was released before that in a ton of countries.

To conclude, I can't see a reason for a 77 status if it was released around the world in 76.

Edited by Pekka - February 19 2012 at 12:18
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 19 2012 at 12:51
Booklet of my copy says it's from 1977, Scott McMahon's Genesis Discography ( http://cyberreviews.skwc.com/gendis.pdf, p. 48) also says January 1977 with a remark:
WIND AND WUTHERING 
     January 1977 (Release date note: Whether this was released in January, 1977 
                  Or December 1976 varies depending on the source and probably  
                  country of release.) 

I propose to leave 1977.
lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lazland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 19 2012 at 13:49
Looking at my original vinyl copy, it says copyright Genesis 1976.
Enhance your life. Get down to www.lazland.org
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 19 2012 at 13:55
^My cd says 1976 as wellBig smile

- Douglas Adams
Pekka View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pekka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 19 2012 at 14:25
Thanks for some hard proof, guys Beer If the album was indeed released in 1976 (thirteen different pressings listed in Discogs), I find it hard to find any justification for a later date at a site that intends to be you-know-what. 

But of course an Errors & Omissions SC has the last word.

I admit there is always a possibility that the records were pressed with a 76 release in mind, but it was pushed back a week. No sense in altering the sleeve in such a case. But there's no proof of anything of that kind happening. It did actually happen with Camel's Total Pressure DVD, it says 2006 on the sleeve but was pushed back to early 2007.

Edited by Pekka - February 19 2012 at 14:33
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 491>