Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 63>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
rushfan4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2013 at 14:35
It is a 4-year deal.  I don't know the dollars.  The Lions can't seem to keep their running backs healthy.  Jahvid Best and Michael LeShoure are both recent draft picks at the position.  If I am not mistaken I read somewhere that Jahvid Best's most recent injury is going to cause him to retire, which is why the Lions needed to go out and get somebody else. 
JJLehto View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2013 at 14:30
Whew, I was afraid you actually didn't know of him! I was gunna say man...

Nah I agree. He was kind of a bust in NO though....he went to the Phins and became a "between the tackles" first runner and turned out to be pretty decent and surprisingly tough.
The Saints must be tired of thatLOL

The Lions don't have any run game though, if you didn't spend too much, I'd say he's worth it. Injury is a risk but it seems every back is.

Edited by JJLehto - March 13 2013 at 14:31
rushfan4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2013 at 14:26
Sort of.  How much of a shelf life do 28 year old running backs have?  I know that he was a star in NO for awhile but they drafted someone else and shooed him out of town.  The Dolphins seem to be as inept as the Lions in recent years so I honestly have no idea if Reggie Bush has anything left to offer or not.

Edited by rushfan4 - March 13 2013 at 14:29
JJLehto View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2013 at 14:19
Ya srs Scott?
rushfan4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2013 at 14:16
I got a popup on my phone that says that the Lions are going to announce the signing of Reggie Bush today.  Not sure if that means anything or not but he has a recognizable name.
JJLehto View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2013 at 14:10
G Men have me sweating bullets over this Victor Cruz thing. They are prone to letting go without fear. I admire it, but this is one time they really need to keep em.
I never question Jerry Reese but he is starting to bug me this time. Picked up another D linemen? Still have Webster (granted they re-structure him). At least they did re-sign Will Beatty who was our only good O Lineman.

I would love if we picked up Pollard, with a healthy Phillps that'd be beastly!
We have no LBs at all...could really use Ellerbe as well! And what can ya do Jody? Besides naturally happening now that Flacco is owed $9001billion the team will have to become focused on him. Eventually it'll be the Joe show, with little Rice and a D that at best is a mild set back to opponents. Welcome to the new NFL Jody!

I am semi confident. IF players stay healthy our D will be better, Nicks will be back, G men always draft well and the SB hangover is hopefully over. It was inexcusable for Eli and Co to start like that and flatline so badly.
Still some changes need to be made like rotating Tuck out more and keep Kiwanuka in more, and scale back that pass game a bit. At least not to it's suicidal levels of late.

TheProgtologist View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2013 at 11:52
Sucks to see your championship team being dismantled.I figured we would lose Boldin and Kruger but Ellerbe was a high priority and now we released Bernard Pollard over 500k.

Jeez...there is even talk of James Harrison joining our team.Confused

horsewithteeth11 View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2013 at 10:12
Originally posted by TheProgtologist TheProgtologist wrote:

We won't be the same team next year.We have so many important people who will be free agents and restricted free agents.and we have some cap casualties(probably Boldin and Leach).Flacco could really screw us if he demands a ton of money,and he could go from being a hero here in Baltimore to being hated and despised.

Weird to see Flacco getting all this praise now after being constantly slammed for 5 years.We always had faith in him but so many people have jumped on the band wagon since the SB win,it's really strange.
Yeah, you're definitely going to loss a few guys. I think the core of the team will ultimately stay intact though.

As for Flacco, I don't see how a deal that doesn't work out for everyone doesn't get done. Yeah, there's the chance he could ask for something really outrageous, but if worst comes to worst I could see them putting the franchise tag on him while they work out some kind of deal.

Tl;dr: If Flacco doesn't have a new deal shortly before training camp starts, I'll be shocked.
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2013 at 10:09
Originally posted by rushfan4 rushfan4 wrote:

Congratulations Jody!!!  I hope that one day during my lifetime I can celebrate my hometown team winning a Super Bowl.  Sadly, it doesn't really seem to be realistic.
Same here. LOL

Although supposedly Mike Brown is thinking of stepping down in the next few years and his daughter is set to replace him. And the little bit I've seen her talk makes me think she's going to be a far more intelligent owner than her father.

One can dream, right? Big smile
rushfan4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2013 at 09:59
Congratulations Jody!!!  I hope that one day during my lifetime I can celebrate my hometown team winning a Super Bowl.  Sadly, it doesn't really seem to be realistic.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2013 at 09:43
btw.......my thoughts on the power outage.

I think it was done on purpose because they didn't want a blow out,because that's how it would have ended up.

Heinous Angry

Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2013 at 09:41
I'll be honored to start the next thread JJ,will do that before preseason.

I haven't commented too much after the SB because I didn't want to kill my SB buzz.Tongue

We won't be the same team next year.We have so many important people who will be free agents and restricted free agents.and we have some cap casualties(probably Boldin and Leach).Flacco could really screw us if he demands a ton of money,and he could go from being a hero here in Baltimore to being hated and despised.

Weird to see Flacco getting all this praise now after being constantly slammed for 5 years.We always had faith in him but so many people have jumped on the band wagon since the SB win,it's really strange.

JJLehto View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 06 2013 at 14:59
No I agree David. We all kept sayign WTF is this, and wondering when it would end. But it was so unqiue and weird I loved it. Admitedly, guess I loved it in a "is so what the hell, it was good" way.

I dont wanna break tradition, so Jody needs to start the 2013 thread!
In the mean time...G Men are starting to fix their sh*t.

Cut Chris Canty and Mcihael Boley, neither a big deal. A little upset Bradshaw was let go, very good back...
But it's OK and RBs are replacebale pretty easily. I hope this is to clear up some room for Cruz. They are still playing games, and I will be very pissed if they can't close a deal with him.

Also I'll be mad if they don't release David "the turnstile" Diehl, Osi and restructure Tuck and Webster. Need to start making real changes/preparing for the future.
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 06 2013 at 11:08
Originally posted by rushfan4 rushfan4 wrote:

It was kind of funny how the highly-paid "experts" felt that the 49ers should put in Alex Smith after the blackout since Kapernick was too young to know how to manage the clock and wouldn't be able to get the 49ers back into the game.  Thanks to a bad punt/good punt return and a lost fumble Kapernick and the 49ers pretty much closed that gap in mere minutes. 
I was against them ever replacing Smith with Kaepernick. I mean, their thought process for that to work had to have been "Hey guys, let's replace the QB that's currently leading the league in completion percentage after 11 weeks with a second-year guy with no practical experience in the NFL." Sounds like a very logical move to me.

And yeah, the VW commercial was probably my favorite. The 2 Doritos ones were close though.

Originally posted by JJLehto JJLehto wrote:

That might be my pick for the worst commercial from this year's SB. My girlfriend and I were sitting there looking at each other like we couldn't believe what we were hearing, and then at the end find out it's a Dodge Ram commercial. We both thought it was a political ad until the end, and it came off as having too much of that kind of feel to me. I guess for people who grew up in farming families or on farms, it might make more sense. Because I'm just an ig'nant, white suburban boy. LOL
Ivan_Melgar_M View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2013 at 22:28
Originally posted by manofmystery manofmystery wrote:

Moss maybe a baby but at least he's never killed anyone so I'd have still rather seen him get one ring than ol' double-homicide ray get another.

This was the VW commercial:

The irresponsible and depressingly desperate media tried to make it into a story claiming it was offensive.  Anyone who finds that offensive, instead of funny, should consider walling themselves inside where they can't be upset by the outside world.

I'm tired of politically correct fanatics.

I find the ad funny and imaginative, the Tourism Minister of Jamaica has told the fanatics to chill up, that the ad was a good advertising for Jamaica.

Man With Hat View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Jazz-Rock/Fusion/Canterbury Team

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2013 at 20:32
Originally posted by manofmystery manofmystery wrote:

Moss maybe a baby but at least he's never killed anyone so I'd have still rather seen him get one ring than ol' double-homicide ray get another.

The irresponsible and depressingly desperate media tried to make it into a story claiming it was offensive.  Anyone who finds that offensive, instead of funny, should consider walling themselves inside where they can't be upset by the outside world.

Ahh...I don't recall that one at all. It was alright...certainly a chuckle (esp with the sticky buns) but I still found the other two I mentioned funnier.
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.
JJLehto View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2013 at 21:05
Ah I do remember that one. Was pretty good.
And like every  "moral outcry" no one gives a single sh*t. But we are supposed to freak out so everyone does LOL

This was the one I liked, not that I liked it per se but it was so different and WTF is this

Especially with how silly and formulaic many are...kudos

Edited by JJLehto - February 04 2013 at 21:06
manofmystery View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2013 at 20:44

Time always wins.
JJLehto View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2013 at 20:36
Oh he deff was. But in his prime he was something...some of the best offenses ever both featured him. And he just needed the motivation of being on OaklandLOL when he then went to the Pats, he was fired up at first. Remember 07? Teams were so dedicated to stopping his deep game they'd practically give games to the Pats.

but I feel ya man. I have IMO a rational hatred of a million suns for Tiki Barber. Friends have "gotten me" but usually say its unjustified...guess Im bitter too!

Edited by JJLehto - February 04 2013 at 20:39
Finnforest View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2013 at 19:53
I spose.  I guess I'm just bitter cause he was such a whiny SOB while here in MN.  And he seems like he just dogs it too much, then pouts if he doesn't get enough balls his way.  If I was QB I'd pick the receiver I know will work hard every play.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 63>