Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > General Music Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedWhat albums did you listen to today?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 198199200201202 511>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 4.50  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Sagichim View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2014 at 01:27
Magenta - revolutions
Djam Caret - The Devouring
Terpandre - S/T
Amenophis - S/T
Zomby Woof - Riding On A Tear
Samla Mammas Manna - Maltid
Distillerie Di Malto - Suono
Dredg - El Cielo
Alan Parsons Project - I Robot
Guldbamsen View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2014 at 01:58
^Damn Sagi, how early do you wake up?LOL

Nice list though. Really starting to enjoy Dredg's El Cielo and that's saying something. I absolutely loathed the album when I first heard it.

Me. I've only spun 2 albums today, and I was up before 8....

My Bloody Valentine - Loveless
Steve Moore - Light Echoes
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
Aussie-Byrd-Brother View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2014 at 01:58
Originally posted by Sagichim Sagichim wrote:

Terpandre - S/T

More people need to know about this lovely one, my friend! I've listened to it every few weeks for probably about ten years now, picked up the CD of it back then. Just a terrific Mellotron-loadad romantic instrumental beauty! Pretty sure I reviewed it somewhere along the way too?

Edited by Aussie-Byrd-Brother - April 17 2014 at 02:00
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2014 at 02:06
Originally posted by Aussie-Byrd-Brother Aussie-Byrd-Brother wrote:

Hey, I double checked, the Devil Doll album I have on the way is called `Eliogabalus', that's the one you've got, right? Opinions/thoughts?

Mad as moccasins, but I'm sure you'll find something to cling ontoBig smile Just about the most theatrical (and unhinged) vocal performance you're ever likely to come across in prog, and that's including Hammill and the late Francesco. 
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2014 at 02:09
Thanks, Dave! I already have `Sacrilegeum' from many years ago, so I think I have a slight idea of what to expect! You're totally right, Devil Doll's music is utterly deranged and the albums head in all sorts of directions! I'm up for a dark challenge!
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2014 at 02:17

Thanks, Dave! I already have `Sacrilegeum' from many years ago, so I think I have a slight idea of what to expect! You're totally right, Devil Doll's music is utterly deranged and the albums head in all sorts of directions! I'm up for a dark challenge!

Btw just read your Entity review. Great reviewClap I can't keep up with all the new RPI releases. Most of that is down to lack of dough, but I guess also because my tastes are taking me in different directionsEmbarrassed Still looking out for some old school Italian albums though, but you know me and my fickle tastes with the new kids on the block. 

Oh and I seem to remember reading a post of yours where you talked about being in hospitalOuch I hope you're alright my friend. 

- Douglas Adams
Sagichim View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2014 at 02:24
Originally posted by Guldbamsen Guldbamsen wrote:

^Damn Sagi, how early do you wake up?LOL

Nice list though. Really starting to enjoy Dredg's El Cielo and that's saying something. I absolutely loathed the album when I first heard it.

Me. I've only spun 2 albums today, and I was up before 8....

My Bloody Valentine - Loveless
Steve Moore - Light Echoes

Actually I do wake up quite early because of the two midgets living with me and think that I'm on this planet to amuse them Smile But gladly I'm listening on my way to work and back and sometimes during work Approve But I'm not like Michael who gets paid to listen to music, the more albums he listens to the richer he gets! LOL

About Dredg I had the opposite impression, at first I really liked it (and bought even two more) but now it was just good.

Edited by Sagichim - April 17 2014 at 02:26
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2014 at 02:31
Originally posted by Guldbamsen Guldbamsen wrote:

Btw just read your Entity review. Great reviewClap I can't keep up with all the new RPI releases. Most of that is down to lack of dough, but I guess also because my tastes are taking me in different directionsEmbarrassed Still looking out for some old school Italian albums though, but you know me and my fickle tastes with the new kids on the block.
Oh and I seem to remember reading a post of yours where you talked about being in hospitalOuch I hope you're alright my friend.

Yes, was in and out over three weeks due to a kidney stone! Unless I didn't notice, I don't think I've p*ssed it out yet, but I haven't had any pain come back, so I'm happy with that! Hosptial was actualy a nice break, I listened to ambient/electronic albums on my Ipod and read Prog magizines when I wasn't knocked out!

Thanks about the review! Yes, I know you're a purist, nothing wrong with that! As much as I'm very receptive to the new albums/artists and feel they need our encouragement and support, I know exactly what you mean about the vintage stuff, there is NOTHING like discovering some classic era treasure, or even returning to a long neglected gem!

I've got the Mini LP of that first Procession album about to arrive in an order eany day now, and I recall it was you and Sagi that pimped that one to me for quite a while!
Sagichim View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2014 at 02:34

Terpandre - S/T

More people need to know about this lovely one, my friend! I've listened to it every few weeks for probably about ten years now, picked up the CD of it back then. Just a terrific Mellotron-loadad romantic instrumental beauty! Pretty sure I reviewed it somewhere along the way too?

That's a great little album, and yes I remember you were the only one I saw reviewing it  Thumbs Up
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2014 at 02:43

Terpandre - S/T

That's a great little album, and yes I remember you were the only one I saw reviewing it  Thumbs Up

Better get on to that yourself, my friend, spread the good word! Or rather, music, because it's fully instrumental!

Wasn't it from the early 80's? Definitely a high point in prog for that decade if so. Very easy album to listen to, never too heavy but never too bland either, like the bowl of porridge that was just right!
Sagichim View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2014 at 02:52

Terpandre - S/T

Better get on to that yourself, my friend, spread the good word! Or rather, music, because it's fully instrumental!

Wasn't it from the early 80's? Definitely a high point in prog for that decade if so. Very easy album to listen to, never too heavy but never too bland either, like the bowl of porridge that was just right!

It's from 81' the best year for prog in the eighties.
Heleniiii View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2014 at 03:24
Today I would like to talk about P-Square. As for me it's very young musical band!  Recently I listened not many songs, but they were so cool that I can't stop to listen theirs.&amp;#1071;&amp;#1079;&amp;#1099;&amp;#1082;
In my opinion their music is inflammatory and some songs looks like the songs of Bob Marly&amp;#1047;&amp;#1074;&amp;#1077;&amp;#1079;&amp;#1076;&amp;#1072;
No one like you- it's my favorite song!&amp;#1055;&amp;#1086;&amp;#1076;&amp;#1084;&amp;#1080;&amp;#1075;&amp;#1080;&amp;#1074;&amp;#1072;&amp;#1102;And what's about you? Who likes P'Square?Anyone heard about this band?
DamoXt7942 View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Avant/Cross/Neo/Post Teams

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2014 at 03:32
^ Sounds good. And welcome to PA. Smile
Meltdowner View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2014 at 04:02
Camel - Coming of Age
Mike Oldfield - Ommadawn (a classic Oldfield album always increases my productivity Smile)
Banda do Casaco - Dos Benefícios...
Santana - Caravanserai
Handwrist - Metropolis (a new portuguese Avant-Prog artist)
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2014 at 07:55
Thursday 17th April 2014:

An all vintage, all Italian night!

Latte e Miele - Passio Secundum Mattheum
Entity - Il Falso Centro
Fem Prog Band - Epsilon
Banco del Mutuo Soccorso - S/t
Cherry Five - S/t
P.F.M - Chocolate Kings, Per Un Amico.
Le Orme - Collage
L'Uovo di Colombo - s/t
Panno Fredda - Uno

(although I will be cheating on the way home and listening to Mahavishnu Orchestras `Inner Mounting Flame'!

Meltdowner, that's a lovely Santana band album, such a shimmering spritual beauty. I always keep a copy in the car

Sorry to read you didn't like the English version of that P.F.M album! I guess as there's nothing wrong with the originals just as they are, so why choose that version? I know I'm horrified at the thought of hearing the English version of Le Orme's `Felona e Serona' (never have, probably never will!)!

I think it was very important, though, it certainly gave them a wider reach than they otherwise would have achieved. What's your opinion on their albums a couple of years later `Chcolate Kings' and `Jetlag'?

Edited by Aussie-Byrd-Brother - April 17 2014 at 07:56
geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2014 at 09:58
nothing...........
Friedrich Nietzsche: "Without music, life would be a mistake."

Music Is Live

Two people are better off than one, for they can help each other succeed.

Keep Calm And Listen To The Music…
<
The Bearded Bard View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2014 at 13:57
Captain Beefheart - Doc at the Radar Station
Captain Beefheart - Ice Cream for Crows
The Residents - Meet the Residents
The Residents - WB:RMX
The Residents - Coochie Brake
irrelevant View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2014 at 14:14

then came across the five disc Mahavisnu Orchestra box set for the same price that I've been hoping would show up down under here.

Dude! Just got this the other day (along with the Jethro Tull and Yes ones) and have it sitting in front of me right this minute. Might give the live one a listen real soon.
Meltdowner View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2014 at 14:33
Entity - Il Falso Centro (thanks for talking about it, it's a really good album Smile)
John Wesley - Disconnect

Thursday 17th April 2014:
Meltdowner, that's a lovely Santana band album, such a shimmering spritual beauty. I always keep a copy in the car

Sorry to read you didn't like the English version of that P.F.M album! I guess as there's nothing wrong with the originals just as they are, so why choose that version? I know I'm horrified at the thought of hearing the English version of Le Orme's `Felona e Serona' (never have, probably never will!)!

I think it was very important, though, it certainly gave them a wider reach than they otherwise would have achieved. What's your opinion on their albums a couple of years later `Chcolate Kings' and `Jetlag'?

I saw Santana's album on the top Jazz Rock/Fusion albums and I was curious to listen to it: it's very different from the songs I knew from him, this album is so much better Big smile

The only P.F.M albums I listened are Storia Di Un Minuto, Per Un Amico and L'Isola Di Niente, but I listened to the first two a lot and my subconscious was expecting Italian but it was bad English instead: I understand the original lyrics better than the English ones and I don't speak Italian LOL
Maybe I will like "Chocolate King" and "Jetlag" better because there's no Italian version.
Sagichim View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2014 at 15:01
Originally posted by Meltdowner Meltdowner wrote:

Maybe I will like "Chocolate King" and "Jetlag" better because there's no Italian version.

I love those albums too, personally I prefer Jetlag to Chocolate but not many fans do.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 198199200201202 511>