Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Guldbamsen View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Topic: z.a.r.p.e.k. (O-Z) VI
    Posted: December 13 2012 at 20:27
I may just go ahead and get both. You know about Supersilent then right? Lofthus also plays with them plus the keys man from Elephant9 as well. Freejazz electronic krautrocky and atmospheric. Pretty unique stuff.
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
Triceratopsoil View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 13 2012 at 20:23
Yes.  Grindstone is IMO their craziest album, certainly the most eclectic.  Less "extreme" than Blackjazz, but more extreme in a way
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 13 2012 at 20:22
I need to get me some Shining. It's with Thorsten Lofthus on drums right? The guy from Elephant9.
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
Triceratopsoil View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 13 2012 at 20:19
I actually got that Popol Vuh album very recently, it's quite pretty but also fairly spooky for them.  Also has some sweet funky grooves.  Like it a lot, but Grindstone is still Grindstone.

Edited by Triceratopsoil - December 13 2012 at 20:23
Mellotron Storm View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 07 2012 at 20:38
^ Thanks Doug ! I'd love to see Think and Os Mundi with a vote but i get it when all we have is one vote each.Big smile
"The wind is slowly tearing her apart"

"Sad Rain" ANEKDOTEN
presdoug View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 07 2012 at 17:09
Originally posted by Mellotron Storm Mellotron Storm wrote:

Os Mundi's album is really good too. Guldbamsen and myself gave it 4 stars. It was their second album from 1972 and the first with Conny Plank helping out and a free jazz sax/flute player was added to the group for this one as well. My kind of music.
Right on, John. The Os Mundi album is a very close second choice for me, my kind of music, tooThumbs Up
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 07 2012 at 15:20
U Riguru  is an excellent album and I've been back in a very Zeuhl mood of late.  I was a tad surprised to see it voteless.

Thanks for the welcome back, John, I appreciate it.  When I saw that Think album, I immediately thought  "Sounds familiar, I wonder if I have it?" and then I quickly realized that I was thinking of Zyma's Thoughts.

Of the ones I haven't heard (the Radio Massacre International, the Think album, the Os Mundi and the Popul Vuh), the Popul Vuh would probably be next on my list.

Edited by Logan - December 07 2012 at 15:22
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 07 2012 at 15:10
Os Mundi's album is really good too. Guldbamsen and myself gave it 4 stars. It was their second album from 1972 and the first with Conny Plank helping out and a free jazz sax/flute player was added to the group for this one as well. My kind of music.

"Sad Rain" ANEKDOTEN
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 07 2012 at 15:04
My other top three was THINK's album that Sagi mentioned. And as he says this german band had 3 Germans, 2 Hungarians and a Czech. There is a Floyd flavour to this Krautrock band and the song "Drops" is incredible. 4.5 stars from me.

"Sad Rain" ANEKDOTEN
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 07 2012 at 14:59
Originally posted by Logan Logan wrote:

Polyglot is fantastic album and is one that I often would vote for, but I'm more in the mood for Rialzu, and will give U Riguru its first vote.

Welcome back Greg !
Thankyou for voting for that one, i gave it 5 stars. These guys are from the French island of Corsica and they sing in the Corsica language as well. An excellent Zeuhl record.

"Sad Rain" ANEKDOTEN
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 07 2012 at 14:14
Polyglot is fantastic album and is one that I often would vote for, but I'm more in the mood for Rialzu, and will give U Riguru its first vote.
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 07 2012 at 12:40
Doug, Michael and Sagi have made it clear that Wallenstein's Blitzrieg is one to get. Dollase and Groskopf the keyboardist and drummer both were part of The Cosmic Jokers.

"Sad Rain" ANEKDOTEN
Sagichim View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 07 2012 at 05:31
BLITZKRIEG!! Hell yeah I like that sh*t!! sorry I couldn't help it.
Love pretty much everything about it wild guitars and excellent energies, recommended for harder edged symph prog lovers.

I really like that Think album as well. They couldn't come up with a better name for the band and for their only album. The band plays a pretty varied prog. Jazz, blues, rock and some classical too. Remind me of some Floyd sometimes and maybe Out Of Focus as well, definitely great stuff. I remember the musicians are from Germay, Hungary and from another country too, I can't recall.

BLITZ!!

Aussie-Byrd-Brother View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 06 2012 at 22:42
Originally posted by presdoug presdoug wrote:

Originally posted by Aussie-Byrd-Brother Aussie-Byrd-Brother wrote:

Wallenstein - Blitzkrieg....that's also called `Lunaticz', right? I'm pretty sure that's the one I listen to pretty often...ENDLESS guitar soloing and Mellotron, very repetitive, but damn addictive!

It gets my vote...unless that's NOT the album I'm thinking of?!
"Lunetic" is a song off the Wallenstein album Blitzkrieg. It's definitely got my vote, a really great album, pretty well the group's best. The guitar/keys work is brilliant, reallyTongue

Doug!

I took out my ratty old vinyl copy, and it's got a totally different cover - a purple and black space scene, with the band/titles as purple letters as `Wallenstein - Lunatics'. Other than that, seems to be the identical album!

Either way - I stand by my vote!
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 06 2012 at 14:44
Originally posted by rushfan4 rushfan4 wrote:

Originally posted by Guldbamsen Guldbamsen wrote:

Originally posted by HolyMoly HolyMoly wrote:

I feel like I drank too much and managed to stumble into the wrong house.  I look around and see nothing that I recognize.  And yet I still let myself in, wander into the kitchen, and make myself a sandwich.
I kno that feel bro

Sounds like a new year's eve party I experienced some years back, where I managed to leave the girl I had been banging to go get some more booze - and then completely out of my skull I get back to her building, I stumble into the wrong apartment, strip down, wander around looking at that lifeless puddle of human lying on the bed, not realising it's a dude until he steps into his living room, where this inebriated Dane is sitting wearing absolutely nothing - drinking warm Baileys straight out of the bottle.... Man, I don't think I've ever dressed so rapidly in my lifeLOL Fun times....
You win.  I don't know that feel. LOL

Hell, I'm not even sure that was what Scott was referring to, but I sincerely hope so nowLOL
Only as a metaphor for stopping by a thread in PA in which I know nothing from the poll, but I stumbled in anyways and made myself a virtual sandwich.  I suppose making my post could be an equivalent for getting into bed with a strange man in a strange house, but I certainly didn't want to go there.  LOL

LOL Man, I think a little wee actually came out there....

- Douglas Adams
rushfan4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 06 2012 at 14:40

I feel like I drank too much and managed to stumble into the wrong house.  I look around and see nothing that I recognize.  And yet I still let myself in, wander into the kitchen, and make myself a sandwich.
I kno that feel bro

Sounds like a new year's eve party I experienced some years back, where I managed to leave the girl I had been banging to go get some more booze - and then completely out of my skull I get back to her building, I stumble into the wrong apartment, strip down, wander around looking at that lifeless puddle of human lying on the bed, not realising it's a dude until he steps into his living room, where this inebriated Dane is sitting wearing absolutely nothing - drinking warm Baileys straight out of the bottle.... Man, I don't think I've ever dressed so rapidly in my lifeLOL Fun times....

Hell, I'm not even sure that was what Scott was referring to, but I sincerely hope so nowLOL
Only as a metaphor for stopping by a thread in PA in which I know nothing from the poll, but I stumbled in anyways and made myself a virtual sandwich.  I suppose making my post could be an equivalent for getting into bed with a strange man in a strange house, but I certainly didn't want to go there.  LOL
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 06 2012 at 14:32
Originally posted by Mellotron Storm Mellotron Storm wrote:

Knutsford for me. Always makes me think of you, even if that sounds kinda creepy and stalkerishLOL 
One of those live albums that infused magic from its surroundings a audience - a special moment in time - amounting to something you just don't get that often. 

I agree David and that was my pick as well. Nothing like being drowned in mellotron while the guitar is giving you the final send off. Wink

I love the mellotron as well. S'got that effervescent feel to it that I've always liked. Close to the Moodies actually, and then not really...

- Douglas Adams
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 06 2012 at 14:30

I kno that feel bro

- Douglas Adams
HolyMoly View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 06 2012 at 14:22

I kno that feel bro

My other avatar is a Porsche

It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle if it is lightly greased.

-Kehlog Albran
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 06 2012 at 14:21

Knutsford for me. Always makes me think of you, even if that sounds kinda creepy and stalkerishLOL 
One of those live albums that infused magic from its surroundings a audience - a special moment in time - amounting to something you just don't get that often. 

I agree David and that was my pick as well. Nothing like being drowned in mellotron while the guitar is giving you the final send off. Wink

"Sad Rain" ANEKDOTEN
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>