Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > General Music Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The RIP thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 102103104105106 120>
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rushfan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2023 at 08:38
RIP Randy Meisner from the Eagles.
Jared View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jared Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2023 at 09:26
Originally posted by rushfan4 rushfan4 wrote:

RIP Randy Meisner from the Eagles.

Indeed, very sad... heard this on the radio when I woke up this morning... even Radio 4 broke out of their usual monologue to play an excerpt from 'Take It To The Limit'... Cry
Music has always been a matter of energy to me. On some nights I believe that a car with the needle on empty can run 50 more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio. Hunter S Thompson
Octopus II View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Octopus II Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2023 at 10:14
RIP Randy. Unhappy
mellotronwave View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mellotronwave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2023 at 08:42
RIP Andy
dwill123 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote dwill123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2023 at 13:07
This one made me very sad today, Paul Reubens aka Pee-wee Herman.  I was a big Pee-wee Herman fan.  R.I.P.

Pee-wee Herman (@peeweeherman) / Twitter
LAM-SGC View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LAM-SGC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 02 2023 at 11:46
Sinead O'Connor
AFlowerKingCrimson View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 03 2023 at 18:54
I somehow missed the boat on hearing about the death of Paul Reubens (aka Pee Wee Herman). Very sad news. RIP Pee Wee. 
Jared View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jared Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 05 2023 at 14:15
The family of Bafta-winning composer and conductor Carl Davis say that he has died, aged 86.
Davis was the musical force behind a host of film and TV hits including The French Lieutenant's Woman, The World at War, Our Mutual Friend and the BBC's 1995 adaptation of Pride and Prejudice.

Very sad.... his music behind 'The World At War' was incredibly poignant and memorable... may be RIP
Music has always been a matter of energy to me. On some nights I believe that a car with the needle on empty can run 50 more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio. Hunter S Thompson
Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atavachron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 05 2023 at 16:23
^ Yes those themes in WaW were very moving
"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy
Icarium View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Icarium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2023 at 07:15
RiP to the mysterius and secretive american songwriter Sixto "Sugerman" Rodriguez. Loved the film, quite good chassic folk singer somgwriter
Cosmiclawnmower View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cosmiclawnmower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2023 at 14:41
RIP Robbie Robertson, guitarist with The Band, solo artist and film music composer, long time collaborator with Martin Scorsese. Died aged 80 after a long illness. I loved The Band and some of his solo material but know little about his film-music but he was a huge talent and a man of integrity. 

JD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2023 at 14:45
Just saw this as well.
Another great loss for the Canadian music world.
RIP

Thank you for supporting independently produced music
dwill123 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwill123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2023 at 16:05
R.I.P.  Robbie Robertson. 

My youth is passing away as I sit here.  Sad, very sad.  I was able to see Bob Dylan and The Band 1974 Tour.

The Dark Elf View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dark Elf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2023 at 17:00
Very sad to see Robbie go. So much of my youth was tied up in music from "The Band" with Dylan and in their own right. Robbie's s/t solo album released in 1987 is one of the best releases of the 1980s (and features Peter Gabriel on vocals on the stellar "Fallen Angel" and on keys and drum programming on "Broken Arrow"). 
...a vigorous circular motion hitherto unknown to the people of this area, but destined
to take the place of the mud shark in your mythology...
AFlowerKingCrimson View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2023 at 17:14
RIP Robbie Robertson 
BrufordFreak View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote BrufordFreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2023 at 18:04
^ His 1987 self-titled Daniel Lanois-produced albums is one of my favorites from the 80s.

Drew Fisher
https://progisaliveandwell.blogspot.com/
Heart of the Matter View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heart of the Matter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2023 at 18:30
BarryGlibb View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BarryGlibb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 13 2023 at 15:54
John Gosling, long time keyboardist for the Kinks died on August 4.
progaardvark View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Crossover/Symphonic/RPI Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progaardvark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 25 2023 at 07:42
John Warnock, a co-founder of Adobe Systems and the inventor of the PDF format, passed away on August 19.
----------
i'm shopping for a new oil-cured sinus bag
that's a happy bag of lettuce
this car smells like cartilage
nothing beats a good video about fractions
Cosmiclawnmower View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Cosmiclawnmower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 25 2023 at 15:30
Bernie Marsden, Guitarist best known for his work with David Coverdale and Whitesnake as well as UFO, Cozy Powell, Babe Ruth and Ashton Paice & Lord amongst others, died age 72. I saw Whitesnake in the very early 80's and he and Micky Moody were a fantastic blues rock combination. RIP Bernie.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 102103104105106 120>