Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > General Music Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The RIP thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7677787980 117>
Author
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lazland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2021 at 15:17
Originally posted by Cosmiclawnmower Cosmiclawnmower wrote:

Originally posted by nick_h_nz nick_h_nz wrote:

I used to work in a pub near the gates to Windsor Great Park. Quite often when I was sweeping outside the pub before opening up, horses would go past and into the park. I’d always call out good morning. One day I heard a horse approaching, and called out good morning without looking up. I looked up as the greeting “good morning young man” was called out in return, to see that it was Philip rising a horse-drawn buggy, we waved at each other, and carried on. It was kind of nice. RIP

Nice story; i worked for the Royal household for 10 years and have nothing but good things to say about 'the principals'. My Sister was involved in competitive carriage driving for many years and came into contact with HRH Duke of Edinburgh on numerous occasions and found him a humourous and generous spirited fellow competitor.
RIP YRH.

That is a nice story as well. I wasn’t aware that you were employed by the Royal Household.

He was a titanic figure in modern British history and will be missed.

RIP.
Enhance your life. Get down to www.lazland.org
TCat View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote TCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2021 at 18:19
R.I.P. to MaCavity, my fond companion and cat for the past 16 years.  Some may think this is trivial putting this in this thread, but I will miss him immensely.  He is the cat you see pictured in my icon.  He passed away today around 3 pm.  A beautiful cat with more heart than a lot of people, it feels like my heart has been broken in half.  

Rest in Peace, Little Tiger.  I love you!  Heart

SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2021 at 18:24
Aw, how sad. RIP Mr. MaCavity.
This message was brought to you by a proud supporter of the Deep State.
rushfan4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote rushfan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2021 at 19:12
I'm sorry to hear about the loss of MaCavity, your cat, and likely prog listening buddy.  
JD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2021 at 19:36
Due to sever allergies to cat dander I have always had an instinctive hatred towards the species out of a sense of self survival.

However, I'm not a monster.

I am an avid dog lover, and as such you have my deepest condolences on the loss of your feline friend.
Thank you for supporting independently produced music
someone_else View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote someone_else Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2021 at 02:43
My sincere condoleances. I know how this feels. I had to let my cat go last August and I still think of him now and then.
lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote lazland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2021 at 03:02
It is not trivial posting this here at all. Most cats I know are far nicer than a lot of ape-like creatures.

You must get another companion once the painful period has passed.
Enhance your life. Get down to www.lazland.org
Shadowyzard View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Shadowyzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2021 at 03:06
Originally posted by TCat TCat wrote:

R.I.P. to MaCavity, my fond companion and cat for the past 16 years.  Some may think this is trivial putting this in this thread, but I will miss him immensely.  He is the cat you see pictured in my icon.  He passed away today around 3 pm.  A beautiful cat with more heart than a lot of people, it feels like my heart has been broken in half.  

My deepest condolences to you and your family Mike. 16 years... At least he apparently died of old age. 

I call our cat Tıfılış "my tiny tiger" (minik kaplanım). and I can imagine how sad I'll be on his passiing.

Edited by Shadowyzard - April 10 2021 at 03:14
Raff View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Raff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2021 at 05:01
So sorry about your loss, MikeCry. It is not wrong at all to love a pet as if it were a person. As Steve said, pets can give us much more love and affection than a lot of our fellow humans. Sending you a virtual hugs and thoughts of comfort.
TCat View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2021 at 09:26
Thanks everyone.  All of your comments help to ease the pain, but I feel I'll never be able to replace him.  He was the most loving and wise cat that I have ever known.  I have lost other pets and loved ones in the past, but this one hurts beyond what I ever imagined.  

It was old age that took him, plus being a Maine Coon, he always had respiratory problems, but in the last few weeks, he was getting worse.  He always tried to put on a good demeanor anyway, but I could see it was wearing him out.  The X-rays showed that his lungs were filled with fluids and his heart was enlarged, but I already knew he had a big heart.  Everybody that met him loved him and many of them never liked cats and a few even got cats of their own after meeting him.  

Life is unfair, it's true, but I am trying to accept that death is part of life.  Spring is showing itself in all of it's glory today.  I feel his essence in the air and in the buds on the trees, which if he was here, he would be watching while sitting on the patio.  At this moment, I can't see getting another cat as he was the best ever.  I was lucky to have him in my life.  Heart 

BaldJean View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote BaldJean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2021 at 09:56
R.I.P. to your cat; I know how you feel. Friede and I are big cat lovers

A shot of me as High Priestess of Gaia during our fall festival. Ceterum censeo principiis obsta
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover / Prog Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2021 at 10:49

sorry to hear about your cat. 
Our cat (the cat in my avatar) is 11 and it's scary to think she's not gonna be around one day. We had to take her to the vet last month, three times because she had an intestine infection and I was worried sick. She's fine now but that was a scare. 
progaardvark View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Crossover/Symphonic/RPI Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote progaardvark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2021 at 11:47
RIP to MaCavity. Our pets are more than pets. They're our companions, our friends, and valued members of our families. My deepest condolences, Mike. 
----------
i'm shopping for a new oil-cured sinus bag
that's a happy bag of lettuce
this car smells like cartilage
nothing beats a good video about fractions
Grumpyprogfan View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Grumpyprogfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2021 at 12:41
So sorry to hear about your loss, Mike. I'm closer to my dog (she's almost 10) than most people. At least McCavity was treated to stellar music and your love for 16 years. You're both lucky.
AFlowerKingCrimson View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2021 at 14:28
RIP to your cat also.

Also, RIP to Prince Philip who was 99.
Cosmiclawnmower View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Cosmiclawnmower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2021 at 15:45
I am so sorry to hear about the passing of your cat, Mike. We lost our Wattie 2 years ago and still miss him terribly. We took on an old rescue cat who no one would take as she was 14.. she's 16 now and still going strong, having a great life and giving us lots of love.. you'll know when its the right time to get a new animal companion.

Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Atavachron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2021 at 16:41

Oh, sooo sorry to hear this, I've always had cats in my life and losing one is so very difficult.  You can take comfort in his longevity.  Sixteen years is tremendous.  My last cat live to about twelve.  Hope you're able to find some joy, either in things or in a new buddy someday if you choose to get another.

Again, my deepest condolences and good thoughts.

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy
Psychedelic Paul View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2021 at 06:35

I'm sorry to hear of the loss of your beloved Tiger. It's easy to see how you loved your fond feline companion  so much.
 I've always thought what a beautiful cat MaCavity is whenever I've seen him on your profile photo. Heart

Edited by Psychedelic Paul - April 12 2021 at 06:35
NotAProghead View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2021 at 13:11
Leonid Bortkevich - legendary Pesnyary singer of the band's golden age died today, aged 71.

I don't think many people here know him, but he was a household name in former Soviet Union in the 70s.
Very sad.

Edited by NotAProghead - April 15 2021 at 10:06
Who are you and who am I to say we know the reason why... (D. Gilmour)
dwill123 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwill123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2021 at 05:16
Actor Felix Silla, famously known for his role as Cousin Itt on 'The Addams Family,' dies at 84

Addams Family 60s TV version Cousin Itt poster 3 sizes | eBay
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7677787980 117>