FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closed2013 NFL Season

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415 50>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2013 at 17:46
Originally posted by JJLehto JJLehto wrote:

I guess they couldn't really get to Peyton either. His line is awesome but holy sh*t the way he can elude pressure and get that ball out so fast. I'm tempted to say no one can stop Denver, just hope to outscore em or that they stop themselves...but I'll keep the faith. Every offense can be stopped, maybe KC will do it!

Cincinnati's D-line could handle Denvers O-line, and after the game against the Patriots, their secondary could probably help keep the Broncos to under 30 points. Of course, their offense can be anemic enough to keep them out of the game.

Who's the second best team in the AFC right now? That title is most assuredly up for grabs between Cincinnati, New England, Baltimore, Miami, and Indianapolis. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if those are the teams who make the playoffs behind Denver. I don't think Houston or Cleveland quite have what it takes. Cleveland is on the upswing, but I just don't see much more upside.
Equality 7-2521 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2013 at 19:28
No interest in watching this game tonight, but I think the Jets are going to win in ugly fashion.
"One had to be a Newton to notice that the moon is falling, when everyone sees that it doesn't fall. "
JJLehto View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2013 at 19:53
I'd like to pick the Jets, they play some pretty damn good D, and quietly for once (Rex's ability to shut the f**k up is more amazing than anything), Falcons are underwhelming...I'll second it being an ugly game but I just can't see Geno Smith and his lack of teammates beating Atlanta. Hobbled or not, too many weapons. Hope I'm wrong, I like Geno and and local Mo Wilkerson.

Cincy is playing some epic defense but Dalton has really stalled as a player.
The AFC #2 eh? Hm...well KC is legit, I'll say it. The Pats will get things back on track, and they play mean defense.
Cincy is up there, Indy has true grit.   I don't believe in Houston (downslide), Baltimore (rebuilding), or Miami (upswing) though all are strong teams...maybe not TexansLOL
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2013 at 19:56

I'd like to pick the Jets, they play some pretty damn good D, and quietly for once (Rex's ability to shut the f**k up is more amazing than anything), Falcons are underwhelming...I'll second it being an ugly game but I just can't see Geno Smith and his lack of teammates beating Atlanta. Hobbled or not, too many weapons. Hope I'm wrong, I like Geno and and local Mo Wilkerson.

Cincy is playing some epic defense but Dalton has really stalled as a player.
The AFC #2 eh? Hm...well KC is legit, I'll say it. The Pats will get things back on track, and they play mean defense.
Cincy is up there, Indy has true grit.   I don't believe in Houston (downslide), Baltimore (rebuilding), or Miami (upswing) though all are strong teams...maybe not TexansLOL

Wilk's from NJ? I didn't realize that. Went to school at Temple and saw him play a few times. I was pleading for the Eagles to draft him, but we needed a 28 year old firefighter who we needed to have switch positions despite being inexperienced already so that we could cut him after he accomplishes nothing two years later.
"One had to be a Newton to notice that the moon is falling, when everyone sees that it doesn't fall. "
JJLehto View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2013 at 20:44
damn, brutal.

mhm Linden, NJ 5 miles up the road pretty much.
I actually saw him play once, when Temple came to Penn State. I just recall it was a defensive game and his name stood out. Knew the name/he was a good player only because they were a kind of rival to PSU but can't say I knew much of him. Crazy how things turn out.

Geno is looking good. He's a rookie, for sure, but nice arm, stands well in the pocket, holds up under pressure...none of which Sanchez could do. If any fan still wants him back they're loons
Man With Hat View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Jazz-Rock/Fusion/Canterbury Team

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2013 at 20:57
Whew. These falcons are certainly trying to be most disappointing team this year. (I know I know...probably to no one in here but whatever)

As for #2 in the afc...Colts, Chiefs, and Pats are all battling for it in my mind. Each has issues to prevent from saying definitively yes but I'd say the Colts are (or perhaps will be is better) the closest IMO.
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.
JJLehto View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2013 at 22:26
Geno isn't bad honestly.
Along with Wilson and even Pryor glad to see these running QBs that can actually pass.
Let's see if he can run the 2 minute.
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2013 at 22:37
Yaaaaayyyy!! Great game for MNF, of course I am pumped the Jets won. Always good when ATL does not win.....Falcons D is not as good as I thought.

(Geaux Saints!!)
Man With Hat View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Jazz-Rock/Fusion/Canterbury Team

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2013 at 22:44
If Atlanta ever gets defense they may be able to hold their own. Until then...yikes.

Yes...quite ironic. The two games I thought would be suck were good, and the one game I thought would be good was suck. Shows how much I know.
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2013 at 22:48
Gino impressed me tonight.......get to FG range and he did his job.
JJLehto View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2013 at 22:53
Yeah, ATL is looking seriously weak in a lot of areas, especially D.

Deff real potential for Geno, great game and clutchness. Hope this is the end of dirty sanchez for good
Padraic View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2013 at 08:41
I have a buddy in Atlanta...suffice to say last night was not one of his better nights.
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2013 at 10:40
Originally posted by Padraic Padraic wrote:

I have a buddy in Atlanta...suffice to say last night was not one of his better nights.

Just let him know there is always next year....
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2013 at 13:36

Day can't be much better after hearing that Julio Jones is out for the year.
Padraic View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2013 at 13:38
Originally posted by Equality 7-2521 Equality 7-2521 wrote:

Day can't be much better after hearing that Julio Jones is out for the year.

Yeah, dare I say that probably is the nail in the coffin for their season.  Not that they'll be bad, just not competitive with top NFC teams, and the way NO is playing they certainly won't be winning the division.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2013 at 13:43
Yeah I think I can agree with that. You have to figure that the two wild card spots will come from the West and the North so that we can just count them out of the playoffs.
JJLehto View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2013 at 14:36
Yup, it's not so much the record...a team can always rally, but it's the talent .
Atlanta just doesn't have much of it. If Julio is out they really are up the creek. Good point with the wild card, Falcons will certainly be shut out. Gotta feel for Tony Gonzalez.

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2013 at 14:52
Well you can't usually rally from being like 1-10
horsewithteeth11 View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2013 at 15:12
Originally posted by Metalmarsh89 Metalmarsh89 wrote:

I guess they couldn't really get to Peyton either. His line is awesome but holy sh*t the way he can elude pressure and get that ball out so fast. I'm tempted to say no one can stop Denver, just hope to outscore em or that they stop themselves...but I'll keep the faith. Every offense can be stopped, maybe KC will do it!

Cincinnati's D-line could handle Denvers O-line, and after the game against the Patriots, their secondary could probably help keep the Broncos to under 30 points. Of course, their offense can be anemic enough to keep them out of the game.

Who's the second best team in the AFC right now? That title is most assuredly up for grabs between Cincinnati, New England, Baltimore, Miami, and Indianapolis. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if those are the teams who make the playoffs behind Denver. I don't think Houston or Cleveland quite have what it takes. Cleveland is on the upswing, but I just don't see much more upside.
I agree on those all being AFC teams that make the playoffs. I think Cleveland's defense is certainly on the rise, but they still have a ways to go before I'm convinced they become serious competition for us in the AFC North. Although with the Steelers likely out of it for 2-3 years, you never know.

I think defensively, we can hold our own. If Brady can't even put up 200 yards against our D, and we can hold guys like Brees and Rodgers to under 300, I don't see Peyton scoring 30 on our defense. I think how far we go in the playoffs is how well the offense gels. I don't think Andy has to necessarily make huge leaps and bounds, but he certainly needs to not turn the ball over. I think if that gets corrected, we can hold our own against any team.

But man, that defense. We can just rush 4 all day long and still get pressure! Not to mention we've had Johnson out and Leon Hall's been gone the past 2 weeks. Although Marvin said his chances of playing against the Bills on Sunday seem pretty good. But the guys who have filled in have certainly stepped up.
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2013 at 16:19
Originally posted by Equality 7-2521 Equality 7-2521 wrote:

Well you can't usually rally from being like 1-10

Ouch!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415 50>