Vinyl

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 26>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Meltdowner View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Vinyl
    Posted: September 18 2014 at 13:24
^ Nice ad. I don't understand what they're selling though LOL
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2014 at 09:55
This is too cool....Its why we spin vinyl and dig, and dig and dig in the bins.

http://www.ispot.tv/ad/7yoj/scottrade-records-our-passion-is-to-power-yours

Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 10 2014 at 18:19
I'm not a Beatles fan at all, nor the members music. But this video is pretty cool.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7dMSReA3Uo

Edited by Catcher10 - September 10 2014 at 18:20

Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2014 at 18:58
^ Thanks for the update....I might also jump in since I have zero desire to get the new one on vinyl.

Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Tom Ozric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2014 at 18:12
Sireena Records have re-issued the YES album Open Your Eyes as a dbl red vinyl edition !!
It's not their best album, but I'll still be acquiring a copy.
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2014 at 13:07
Originally posted by progbethyname

Originally posted by Catcher10

Closed back, AKG K272HD.....I don't use them enough

Ah yes. Those are studio monitors. Very even Kealed sound. Have no bass bloom. Pretty good choice consodering the gear you have. I really love AKG. Their 812's and K 550 are quite amazing. My next pair of travel cans will be from AKG guaranteed. :)

Correct...I mainly use them when making reel to reel tapes as I monitor the feed from my turntable to adjust volume levels. As I record I use "monitor" rather than "source" so I can adjust the sound as I listen to what is being recorded.

I also use them with my laptop when I watch youtube concerts and such. They work ok with my ZuneHD but I have a pr of IEM Monster Turbine ProGold, which I love.

progbethyname View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote progbethyname Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2014 at 10:38

Ah yes. Those are studio monitors. Very even Kealed sound. Have no bass bloom. Pretty good choice consodering the gear you have. I really love AKG. Their 812's and K 550 are quite amazing. My next pair of travel cans will be from AKG guaranteed. :)
Belhold the power and gift of BEARD! As Damian Wilson sports a beard now his voice somehow got even better than it already was. :)
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2014 at 11:39
^ Never heard of that label....thanks for letting us know!

Sheavy View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Progressive Electronic Team

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sheavy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 04 2014 at 22:28

Originally posted by Sheavy

Isn't that a logo for a record company? Can't remember the name.

Hmmm...not sure, if it is one I have never seen don't think, now I gotta go look!

Just remembered this.

Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2014 at 15:44

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote progbethyname Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2014 at 12:45

Thanks Nick....it is pretty sweet issue, they did a nice job. This came with a CD which is not as nice sounding as the LP version, at least with the A/B tests I have done.

What I need to do is run it thru my external DAC thru the tube buffer....see if that helps some.

I expect the next vinyl issue will be Snow, which of course I will get.

I assume that is with the Grant? Yeah. Let me know your findings. I imagine it'll be tough topping that LP with those Epos speakers. Also. What model Of AKG headphones do you have again? Are they closed back?
Belhold the power and gift of BEARD! As Damian Wilson sports a beard now his voice somehow got even better than it already was. :)
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2014 at 11:25
Thanks Nick....it is pretty sweet issue, they did a nice job. This came with a CD which is not as nice sounding as the LP version, at least with the A/B tests I have done.

What I need to do is run it thru my external DAC thru the tube buffer....see if that helps some.

I expect the next vinyl issue will be Snow, which of course I will get.

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote progbethyname Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2014 at 19:54

Just arrived on my doorstep

Pressed in Germany, issued by InsideOut Music. So the pressing quality is very good, the sound quality is fantastic, which a bit of surprise since this is originally from 2000. The mastering to vinyl is very good....obviously.

I ordered early enough to get Neal Morse signature, not the best you can tell he was in a hurry

I have another signature from him on my T2 Deluxe Box set which is super nice but that one he gave me as he was leaving the restroom, another story!

Very good issue for sure...

Goddamn Jośe. This is pretty sweet. What a sight. I got a nice copy of V via cd to pair with the almighty DAC.
This album is wonderful. One of the Beard's best. Definitely has a leg up on Snow.
Enjoy man. Looking good.
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2014 at 10:47
Originally posted by Tom Ozric

I just received my Yes 'Heaven And Earth' 2LP Aqua colour. Shame I'm so lame I can't post pics, but let me tell you - it does look better than the quality of the music composed here. The sounds/production are pristine and do bring out a fine balance between all the performers, but after spinning this album twice in a row, I reached for Glass Hammer's only LP (so far) 'Perilous'. It was much better. I love Yes with all my heart, but this is sounding way too contrived. So far, I prefer the SQUACKETT album to H&E. I need to brainwash myself to like it more than I do......not even close, give me Fly From Here any day.

You are resonating what most people say about the new album. There is a post in the new Prog Magazine about the album, essentially saying it is just to bland, a few bright spots but bland.

I am happy with my digital download, if I see it in the used bins I would buy it...at a used price of course.

Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Tom Ozric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2014 at 00:51
I just received my Yes 'Heaven And Earth' 2LP Aqua colour. Shame I'm so lame I can't post pics, but let me tell you - it does look better than the quality of the music composed here. The sounds/production are pristine and do bring out a fine balance between all the performers, but after spinning this album twice in a row, I reached for Glass Hammer's only LP (so far) 'Perilous'. It was much better. I love Yes with all my heart, but this is sounding way too contrived. So far, I prefer the SQUACKETT album to H&E. I need to brainwash myself to like it more than I do......not even close, give me Fly From Here any day.

Edited by Tom Ozric - September 02 2014 at 00:54
Meltdowner View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2014 at 16:42
^ Half my Facebook feed is about 180g vinyl reissues LOL
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2014 at 01:44
The picture discs are just ok, friends have told me they are not that great sound wise.

But now we get black vinyl 180gram reissues from original analogue master tapes.

I'm in for a few of these....

http://www.ironmaiden.com/classic-80s-vinyl-reissues-on-the-way.html

Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2014 at 15:30
Nice article on Nashville as the "capitol of vinyl", just more reporting of what we already know is going on in music and recording.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/aug/30/nashville-record-presses-vinyl-boom

Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 28 2014 at 17:59
Just arrived on my doorstep

Pressed in Germany, issued by InsideOut Music. So the pressing quality is very good, the sound quality is fantastic, which a bit of surprise since this is originally from 2000. The mastering to vinyl is very good....obviously.

I ordered early enough to get Neal Morse signature, not the best you can tell he was in a hurry

I have another signature from him on my T2 Deluxe Box set which is super nice but that one he gave me as he was leaving the restroom, another story!

Very good issue for sure...

Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 25 2014 at 19:50
Originally posted by Sheavy

Isn't that a logo for a record company? Can't remember the name.

Hmmm...not sure, if it is one I have never seen don't think, now I gotta go look!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 26>