Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > General Music Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Vinyl

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 141142143144145 312>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 4.20  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Meltdowner View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 09 2015 at 10:03
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 09 2015 at 13:26
Yes very cool....I read this on Analog Planet too.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 09 2015 at 14:16

It was another incredible experience! Right from the beginning of "Whole Lotta Love", where each musician joins sequentially the song, there's a great perception of the quality of the record. And then of course the psychedelic section followed by that sudden drum fill was delightful. I always loved Jones' bass work on "The Lemon Song" and "Ramble On" and it sounded so clear on this release.

After all that talk about this release, I decided to buy it. I can't compare with the original but it sure has great sound quality. It's still difficult for me to listen to a full album from them though, I was already tired at the end of side A Disapprove

Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 09 2015 at 17:43
^ Aqualung is the best album JT put out IMHO. It's the only album I enjoy start to finish......the others I really have to be in the mood to hear TAAB start to finish. I only have the original version of TAAB, I need to get the SW remix but it's not top priority yet.

Now those LZ reissues..well !!! 
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2015 at 17:26
It's not just me then. JT and VdGG are two highly regarded Prog bands that don't do anything for me.

Yeah, it's amazing!

Edited by Meltdowner - December 10 2015 at 17:27
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2015 at 17:33

An official bootleg of a single track concert, with fade out/in between both sides. It doesn't sound bad at all.
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 11 2015 at 09:00
Now that is a cool looking splash pattern.....Never heard the band
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 11 2015 at 09:07
Originally posted by Meltdowner Meltdowner wrote:

It's not just me then. JT and VdGG are two highly regarded Prog bands that don't do anything for me.

Yeah, it's amazing!

I only own Pawn Hearts on vinyl from years ago.....I do enjoy H to He on digital Dead but have not looked into getting the vinyl yet. Some older recordings like these should only be heard on vinyl IMO. But there are many bands that are highly regarded here on PA that do diddley-squat for me.
Magma
Gentle Giant
Camel

I have tried several times to listen to what is so great and I don't get it....But that is fine, there is tons of music out there to enjoy.

Ohh...forgot to add the Fab Four to my list......the greatest boy band to ever exist, next to One Direction of course LOL

Edited by Catcher10 - December 11 2015 at 11:01
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 11 2015 at 14:51
^^ Side B is not as cool, it has barely no orange. Black Bombaim is a Portuguese Psychedelic/Stoner band, they only do side-long instrumental tracks and they are on this site. I also bought another colored LP from them this week Thumbs Up

^ The only one I have from VdGG is Still Life and I only listened to it once since I bought it.
I like all those bands you mentioned. I only like a few albums from The Beatles, the more Psych ones.
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 13 2015 at 18:51
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 13 2015 at 19:57

Wonderful psych-rock...their first several albums are outstanding. Then turning into hard/metal based in the late 70's, still excellent stuff. I have been a Scorps fan since about '79........

Edited by Catcher10 - December 13 2015 at 20:02
Pastmaster View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pastmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 13 2015 at 20:08
^Great band, "Taken by Force" is probably my favorite from them. Thumbs Up
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 13 2015 at 20:22
^ Great band yes....seen them probably 10x. Last time 2 months ago on the 50yr tour, they can still bring it and Klaus sounds excellent.
Taken By Force is a good one, right before they got into harder metal and Lovedrive. I like all their music and eras, they always manage to keep a bit of that old Scorpions psych in their new music.

Vinyl wise, I have all their albums on vinyl and most are Japanese issues due to the covers that were not released in the US. I do have Virgin Killers, the original cover Shocked.
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 14 2015 at 19:21

This is really a great album.......Took me maybe 3-4 spins. Last night it was hitting on all cylinders, some great music here. 
Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Ozric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 15 2015 at 04:17
Just ordered the vinyl release of BEHOLD - THE ARCTOPUS' 'Horrorscension' album through Discogs. Should be a blast when it gets here. Next order will be MESHUGGAH's debut album proper - Contradictions Collapse. I'm so excited    This stuff is soooo much better on vinyl !!
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 15 2015 at 04:28
^^^ It's better not to post the Virgin Killers LP here, for legal reasons LOL The new Scorpions reissues seemed interesting, until I discovered they didn't reissue the first two albums Disapprove

^ Never heard of Behold. What's that?
Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Ozric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 15 2015 at 04:42
^ Behold - The Arctopus! are a trio from NYC centred around Warr guitarist Colin Marston. They play *extremely* unconventionally 'Math-Metal' or Extreme. Totally instrumental (yay ! no Death Growls) and very complex and dense. I love this manic and uncompromising style of playing. And the cover-art is pretty cool to match.
Colin is a very busy bassist/guitarist, spreading himself with multiple band projects (Gorguts, Dysrhythmia, Krallice etc.) as well as having his own studio and producing/engineering many bands. And he's only 31 !!!   Seems I only go for 'Death Metal' (Gawd, I despise that tag) if it's thoughtful, complex and well executed.
I've looked into Dellinger Escape Plan and they shake me to the bone. I am baffled. They are superb musicians, but waaaay over the top and beyond extreme. Talk about pushing boundaries. These guys push 'Joe Public's' patience beyond human tolerance........
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 15 2015 at 04:47
^ It's not a genre I particularly like, but that sounds interesting. I'll give them a listen Thumbs Up
Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Ozric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 15 2015 at 04:57
^ I know within my soul that I don't really relate to this sort of music, but I feel the need to 'travel' to somewhere else (since I don't partake in any illicit recreational activities these days......) so music is the antedote, and I wish to hear the extreme and heavy end of Prog - I've always dug Maiden, and to a lesser extent, Metallica. So I'm checking out some of these revered Extreme Metal things. Meshuggah caught my attention a while back, but it takes time to accept and adjust to - after all, my heart lies in Canterbury, Neo, Kraut, Space/Psych etc. I'm out of my comfort zone here, but it really is an exciting change.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 15 2015 at 05:03
^ I agree, it's important to get out of the comfort zone sometimes, to keep an open mind musically.
I'm already halfway through the album, it's really crazy stuff and I like it Big smile
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 141142143144145 312>